Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC

Go down 
+11
Dam_Noir
ghost23
Based Sonji
Archduke
Mikenuge
Bluenose
Stigma
Stoney
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
15 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC Empty
PostSubject: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC EA+Games+Fuck+up+everything
Quote :
Gamers who purchased Mass Effect 2 will recall that the standard edition of the game—both the console or the digital version on the PC—received with their copies the Zaeed DLC. Those who purchased the game secondhand or rented had to pick the DLC up from the online store to access the content.

The DLC added a new character, Zaeed, to the roster of party members along with a lengthy mission to attain his loyalty. Zaeed's presence, while not mandatory to the game's overall plot, added a bit of nuance to its narrative and the content was far from negligible.

Following the trend that began with the release of Shale as a DLC character in Dragon Age, and Zaeed in Mass Effect 2, BioWare once again plans to release a Day-1 DLC for Mass Effect 3. Other games have also done the same with their Day-1 DLC content, and examples can be found with Arkham City's Catwoman DLC and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning's House of Valor DLC. It should be clarified that all this content is available to anyone who purchases the standard editions of these games, and comes at no extra charge.

Spoiler Warning: A minor plot detail follows.

Spoiler:

Here's where things get messy. Associate Producer Michael Gamble confirmed the leak on the BioWare Social Network with the following post (via Kotaku, again):

Hi all!

We're happy to confirm that Mass Effect 3: From Ashes DLC will be available at launch for all platforms. For those of you who have purchased the N7 Collector's Edition (including the PC Digital Deluxe Edition), you will get this content at no extra charge. We'll have a lot more details for you later this week! Stay Tuned!

From what I've gathered of this statement, it confirms that BioWare is bucking the trend it set with Dragon Age and followed up with its sequel and Mass Effect 2 by making the content a separate purchase for anyone who picks up the standard (non-Collector's or Digital Deluxe) edition of Mass Effect 3.

Previously in Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, the only in-game content associated with the Collector's Editions were additional armor and weaponry. As I mentioned earlier, content as large as the DLCs including Zaeed and Shale were always included free of charge. Dragon Age 2 went a small step further, by restricting The Exiled Prince DLC to "Signature" copies of the game, which all pre-orders were upgraded to.

This has changed.

With Mass Effect 3, we now have to pay for content that's been developed concurrently with the rest of the game, but released separately for extra profit—and to make the Collector's Edition look more attractive to buyers.

It's understandable for DLC to be released separately and sold for an additional cost when they're developed as extensions to a pre-existing game or as 'added value items' impertinent to the core experience. However, it's unacceptable for core elements (in my very subjective opinion, this content has been vital in the past) of the game to be stripped out of the main game just so they can be sold separately for an extra price.

To draw an analogy, it's like selling a watch with one hand missing.

http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/5179/article/unacceptable-mass-effect-3-strips-core-content-for-paid-dlc/

There is also a video confirmation of this DLC, DON'T click the link if you don't want any spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r578nJkoCyI&feature=watch_response
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Fucking cunts.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:18 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Fucking cunts.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm surprised to see such a potentially important character reduced to DLC. I pre-ordered the CE so I'll have it day one, still a shitty thing to do for people that are buying a copy new, they should have done it like Zaeed in ME 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 pm

My local gamestop didn't even have any CEs left...

I pre-ordered the standard thinking all I would miss out on was the cool art work and soundtrack.

This fucking blows. They better not price the character at 10 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Fuck this game and fuck Bioware for bending over to EA so easily. I hope people pirate the shit out of this game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 pm

What the fuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 pm

BOYCOTT !!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

FUCK YOU EA YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!! 😡
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Lol, you guys seriously didn't expect this?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Lol, you guys seriously didn't expect this?
No, I expected a DLC that would have been completely irrelevant to the main plot and wouldn't have cut off a very important character.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 am

Should have stayed with Microsoft Bioware!!!
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 am

Stoney wrote:
I'm surprised to see such a potentially important character reduced to DLC. I pre-ordered the CE so I'll have it day one, still a shitty thing to do for people that are buying a copy new, they should have done it like Zaeed in ME 2.

After playing ME2 and realising that there was not a great selection of weapons I decided to buy the firepower pack DLC.

With that in mind I pre-ordered the ME3: CE as the biggest bonus is about half a dozen extra guns which is very handy for a soldier class.

Still utter bollocks this whole DLC culture we have these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 am

Most likely its going to do a Final Fantasy XIII-2 and ask us to pay for the ending DLC.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 am

Fuck you EA. Out of nowhere, you take the crown of Shittiest Publisher from Activision.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Let me list the number of games by EA that have pulled this shit already

Medal of Honor

Dead Space 2

Bulletstorm

Crysis 2

Battlefield 3

Nothing new here

@ TRF

They've had that crown for a long time now. It's Just EA makes great games but screws consumers, and Activision makes crappy games and screws consumers.

@ Ghost

That wasn't Bioware's decision. Their former parent company(Whom also owned Pandemic Studios) sold out to EA. Though I say Bioware and Pandemic should have been sold to LucasArts.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Chobo wrote:
@ TRF

They've had that crown for a long time now. It's Just EA makes great games but screws consumers, and Activision makes crappy games and screws consumers.
EA wasn't on my shit list until they started with Origin spyware and the Online Pass.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:48 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Chobo wrote:
@ TRF

EA wasn't on my shit list until they started with Origin spyware and the Online Pass.

They've done alot worse stuff in the past

Destroying Command & Conquer

Treating their devs like dirt

Shutting down Pandemic studios

Killing off the Renderware Engine

Absorbing any and all developers in their name brand ruining the competition

etc.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Chobo wrote:

etc.
I forgot about Pandemic. That bugged me. But the rest I never really noticed.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Chobo wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Chobo wrote:
@ TRF

etc.

Don't forget about almost destroying the Bioware name by renaming studios as "Bioware" to try to ride of the success of the true Bioware.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm

They didn't Destroy BioWare. They seem to be doing just fine. But re-Branding new studios and slapping on the BioWare name doesn't really make them BioWare.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC 1443829230 Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC 1443829230 Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC   Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC
Page 1 of 1