Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives

Go down 
+6
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Stoney
Archduke
RamboOnRedBull
The Enkindler
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Quote :
Back in December, Bethesda announced that 10 million units of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim had been shipped representing approximately $650 million in retail sales since its November 11th release. At the time, the PC version of Skyrim in North America outsold all other PC games by 3:1 ratio in the month of its release, becoming the fastest selling title in Steam's history.
Of course, the console is a totally different beast, and one that Skyrim has taken head on and made its bi*ch. In a press release today focused mainly on the success of the recently released Skyrim Creation Kit and Steam Workshop, it was revealed that the console versions of Skyrim garnered equally strong fan demand.
In fact, "The Xbox 360 version of Skyrim outsold all Xbox 360 exclusive titles in 2011 in North America," Bethesda revealed. Not bad considering the Xbox 360 saw releases for games like Gears of War 3, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and Forza Motorsport 4. Quite an impressive feat considering Gears of War 3 was the ending to a very successful Xbox 360-exclusive trilogy.
Even more impressive, however, was the fact that "Skyrim on PS3 also outsold all PlayStation 3 exclusive titles on that platform." Despite a very strong exclusive lineup in 2011, Skyrim managed to outsell Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Killzone 3, and inFAMOUS 2.
Skyrim has been on the receiving ends of multiple awards including dozens of "Game of the Year" awards from major outlets, including the most recent honor from the 15th Annual 2012 Interactive Achievement Awards.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-outsells-all-xbox-360-ps3-exclusives
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Meh...

Skyrim was nothing but a huge dissapointment.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Not surprising. The popularity for this game just blew up sky high when it was released.

I still have yet to play much of it, despite owning it. Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives 2505020059
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Good to see an RPG like Skyrim do well against the cancer that is the FPS genre.

Great game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I find it ironic that this is posted by the guy who doesn't care about sales.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:25 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Meh...

Except no.

Mecha wrote:
Maybe he posted it so other people could see? I don't care much about Mass Effect 3, but if I stumbled onto some news about it that wasn't posted here, I would definitely post it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Well we all know Epzaos is addicted to skyrim. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Is anyone at all surprised by this?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
I find it ironic that the guy who has been posting really random stuff lately claims that posting news equals to irony.
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Maybe he posted it so other people could see?
Yeah, that's the reason I posted this in the first place, but our friend above is a slow learner.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
Mecha wrote:
I find it ironic that I'm getting criticised by the guy who has been posting really random stuff lately.
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Yeah, that's the reason I posted this in the first place, but our friend above is a slow learner.

Caim down my Greek friend. I'm not criticising you. I just find it kinda funny that you always say "Who cares about sales?" or "Fuck sales!" yet you posted this. Just Saiyan.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sheogorath wrote:
Mecha wrote:
I find it ironic that I'm getting criticised by the guy who has been posting really random stuff lately.
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Claim down my Greek friend. I'm not criticising you. I just find it kinda funny that you always say "Who cares about sales?" or "Fuck sales!" yet you posted this. Just Saiyan.
Oh great, now I must confess my hypocrisy(sarcasm).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Sheogorath wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sheogorath wrote:
Mecha wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Claim down my Greek friend. I'm not criticising you. I just find it kinda funny that you always say "Who cares about sales?" or "Fuck sales!" yet you posted this. Just Saiyan.
Oh great, now I must confess my hypocrisy(sarcasm).

I don't expect you too. I know how it feels when one of your favorite games makes a lot of money. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm

This thread has nothing to do with Epzaos. He was just posting news.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 am

Well who didn't see that one coming?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Meh...

Except no.

Mecha wrote:
Maybe he posted it so other people could see? I don't care much about Mass Effect 3, but if I stumbled onto some news about it that wasn't posted here, I would definitely post it.

Yeah, I really miss that clunky combat system, and those repetitive missions....eye roll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives   Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim outsells all Xbox 360, PS3 exclusives
Page 1 of 1