Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
Orc
yonny616
RamboOnRedBull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan Empty
PostSubject: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 pm

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan Ps-vita-nintendo-3ds-e1310126291272

Quote :
Last week’s official Japanese sales figures are in and once again the Nintendo 3DS has stamped its authority as the number one games system in Japan at the moment. We already knew courtest of Satoru Iwata that Animal Crossing had sold over 600,000 copies but the hardware figures are just as impressive.

According to the official Media Create sales, Nintendo sold 187,077 3DS systems last week in Japan, outselling the PlayStation Vita by more than 46 times (it only shifted 4,021). In fact, if you took every other portable and home system and added all their sales together for this week, the 3DS still outsold them all four and a half times over.

Even more impressive, the 3DS has now hit over 8 million lifetime sales in Japan, meaning it’s quickly closing in on the PlayStation 3 despite its four year head-start.

Source

Just.....damn. :silent:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm

That's some crazy numbers! Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 pm

This isn't even news anymore..... PSVita has offered nothing for the Japanese crowd. Also there's a silver lining in this, PSVita is nearing 360's japanese numbers. :truestory:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 pm

The sad thing is there's been nothing for 3DS in the west lately. Lucky Japs have Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest and shizz. Sad
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

@Lykos it seems like 3DS is aimed more towards the Japenese, while PSVita seems more aimed towards the western crowd. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Wow....
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

yonny616 wrote:
This isn't even news anymore..... PSVita has offered nothing for the Japanese crowd. Also there's a silver lining in this, PSVita is nearing 360's japanese numbers. :truestory:
At least we're getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate next year. Hopefully we also get Monster Hunter 4.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

@Padders I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but Sony needs one BADLY! If they want to compete in the Japanese market. PSVita has the games franchises like AC, UC, and CoD to bring in the western crowd.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

The only vita game that really did great in Japan was Persona 4: The Golden.

Sony shouldn't abandon the Japanese crowd because the western crowd just won't cut it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Of course not, Japan is the biggest market when it comes to handhelds.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Padders I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but Sony needs one BADLY! If they want to compete in the Japanese market. PSVita has the games franchises like AC, UC, and CoD to bring in the western crowd.
Sorry Yonny616, I meant to quote Ramzan_Kadyrov.

I agree with the fact that Sony needs one badly. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on PSP sold 4.79 million alone in japan. While HD port to the PS3 didn't do to well. So Sony needs a brand new Monster Hunter title for the PS Vita in order to make some sales.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:43 am

Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
At least we're getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate next year. Hopefully we also get Monster Hunter 4.

You mean 3DS right?, not Vita Razz

And are you sure it's coming to the West? I truly hope so!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 am

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
Padders wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

You mean 3DS right?, not Vita Razz

And are you sure it's coming to the West? I truly hope so!
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3G in animuland) is plan for release in the US and Europe march next year. Should also be out on the 3DS since one of its main features is cross platform play between the two nintendo consoles and able to use the same save file but theres no word on that yet.

Still a Monster Hunter on the Vita would be nice but I doubt that will happen anytime soon since capcom is most likely working on Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS which is also getting a march 2013 release in japan only.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 pm

This seems like it was inevitable anyway.

Padders wrote:

That is not really an accomplishment, considering the horrible sales figures the 360 has in Japan.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

@Azazel What a fail! I said that, not padders. Also, never called it a great accomplishment, it's still impressive since the PSVita is considered to be dead in the water.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Azazel wrote:
This seems like it was inevitable anyway.

Padders wrote:

That is not really an accomplishment, considering the horrible sales figures the 360 has in Japan.
I didn't write that. Yonny616 wrote that lol
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Sony's gaming division heads seem to have forgotten how to run a business this generation. It's pathetic and would almost be funny if they didn't put out quality products.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 pm

1 Vita is worth 46 3DSs.

Sony always wins baby.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Azazel What a fail! I said that, not padders. Also, never called it a great accomplishment, it's still impressive since the PSVita is considered to be dead in the water.

Quoting error then. Also I was not saying you called at an accomplishment literally, I said that because you apparently thought it was impressive (or stating it as though it were an accomplishment), which it isn't. Japan loves handhelds, it will have more appeal there by virtue of it being a handheld alone, besides the 360 there has a reputation of being "the FPS machine" (so I am told) and those do not do so well there when compared to JRPGs and the like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan   3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3DS outsells the Vita 46:1 in Japan
Page 1 of 1