Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Movies vs. Video Games

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Based Sonji
Archduke
Azazel
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which form of entertainment do you enjoy the most?
Movies
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Video Games
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_vote_lcap71%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Funny. You wouldn't be saying any of this if I had used good movies and bad games.

HA! Don't try to twist this around. I admit that I wouldn't care if you used good movies vs. bad video games. But this is a movie vs. video game thread. So of course I'm going to defend the side I perfer most. Just like what everyone else is doing. Debating and arguing is expected. My problem with your argument is that you said we shouldn't compare good movies vs. video games in general. Since when was it against the rules to use good movies? Again, this is a movie vs. video game thread. It's about discussing the quality of the two. We shouldn't be holding anything back for the other.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm

^^

I never said you shouldn't compare good movies with video games. I said you shouldn't compare movies and video games at all because of how different they are.

Like you said, the title of the thread is "Movies vs. Video Games." I even went as far as to make comparisons of each form of entertainment to prove that some are better than the others. They each have their ups and downs. How are you not getting this?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 pm

:jackie:

No, you haven't made a comparison on each form of entertainment to prove that both side have their ups and downs. This is way I'm not getting you, because you're stretching the truth.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Maybe ups and downs is a bad way to put it. Showing that games can be better than movies and vice versa (I really shouldn't have to show an example for you to understand this, seeing as everyone has gotten my point save for you) would be a better way to put it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Maybe ups and downs is a bad way to put it. Showing that games can be better than movies and vice versa (I really shouldn't have to show an example for you to understand this, seeing as everyone has gotten my point save for you) would be a better way to put it.

No, I have already gotten your point. You're just not very good at trying to prove it. BTW, who's everyone? Everyone who agrees with you thinks I'm butthurt because you're talking shit about movies when that's clearly not the case. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:08 pm

^^

If you got the point then I obviously proved it well enough.

Also, I've already said in every post I wasn't talking shit about movies. I used games and bad movies because the movie elitism in here was awful. Read the post where I told Rambo about it >2 pages ago.

Basically, you just admitted that if I had used movies instead of games you wouldn't have given two shits, but since I used games, here we are. I even said that Rambo's list further proves my point a few pages back (he used movies > games). Just because I used my favorite form of entertainment over yours as an example doesn't mean you have to start an argument about it. But just to make you happy, I'll use the movies > games side.

Terminator > Terminator: Salvation (the game)
The Ring > Amy
Drive > NFS: The Run

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

@Greg Jennings

No. I already got your point because you already revealed it. That's hows everyone else knows. The ones that agreed with you couldn't even try to justify what you were trying to prove.

Also how is the movie elitism here so awful? Because their giving their opinions? At least they didn't had to use a bad video game as an example. The only reason Rambo started that list is because you're the one who made the comparisons in the first place. Like I said before, this thread is about discussing the quality between movies and video games. Not movies being as bad as video games.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Teckno wrote:
So I think we've come to the conclusion that there are terrible movies and games, and great games and movies. There's really nothing more to be discussed cause there really is no argument to put one significantly over the other. Just matter of an opinion.

YEA, THAT'S RIGHT, I WENT HIPPIE MODE.

^^

Everything I said summed up by Teck.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Teckno lost his credibility when he said he likes Avatar and prefers the Star Wars prequels over the originals. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 725796345
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

I thought Star Wars episode 1 was terrible, episode 2 above average, and 3 great. 4,5,6 bored me to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno lost his credibility when he said he likes Avatar and prefers the Star Wars prequels over the originals. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 725796345

I can't even remember when you had any credibility.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:

:lolguy:

I KNEW you were going to come here say that.

You just couldn't resist could you. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Mecha wrote:

:lolguy:

I KNEW you were going to come here say that.

You just couldn't resist could you. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 725796345

So you purposely set yourself up for failure?

Either you're lying or you're the stupidest person alive.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 pm

^^

Ahh, how cute. Alan is jelly that me and Sonji are arguing now. Don't worry Alan. If you feel that lonely on Valentine's Day, you'll always have a special place in my heart. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm actually kinda with Mecha on this one. Whether Sonji was trying to be a hippie in the beginning or just after he failed to make a solid argument, there was no point to anything he said.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

So we can all agree I was the first hippie on this thread. :happyalone:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

We can all agree this thread has run its course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies vs. Video Games
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4