Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Movies vs. Video Games

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Based Sonji
Archduke
Azazel
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which form of entertainment do you enjoy the most?
Movies
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Video Games
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_vote_lcap71%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm

He didn't make any points until wayyyyyyyyyyyyy into the discussion. And anyways, why even make the argument that "it's all preference"? We know that. This is a thread MEANT for comparing preferences. So either he changed his argument or he came in with a completely useless one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:08 pm

@BlackStigma

Are you guys forgetting that this is a movie vs. video game thread? This is about discussing the quality of both. We shouldn't have to limit our arguments just because you feel insecure about video games having less quality than movies. If you disagree then you should defend it, not telling us what we shouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
@BlackStigma

We shouldn't have to limit our arguments just because you feel insecure about video games having less quality than movies.

I didn't know this was a fact.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Videogames because they're flexible with time. I could never just watch half a movie then pick up where I left off later...

Videogames are also more immersive.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@BlackStigma

We shouldn't have to limit our arguments just because you feel insecure about video games having less quality than movies.

Indeed it is, good sir. Care to make a rebuttal? Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 387761338
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@BlackStigma

Indeed it is, good sir. Care to make a rebuttal? Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 387761338

It depends on which standards you are measuring quality by.

If you're looking at budget costs or sales, the videogame industry now rivals the movie industry in this respect.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@BlackStigma

No you idiot. Read carefully. If you disagree then you should be able to defend your arguments. Not telling us we shouldn't compare good movies to video games.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 pm

".... about video games having less quality than movies."

You stated it right there as if it was a fact. Lrn2English.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Mecha wrote:

No you idiot. Read carefully. If you disagree then you should be able to defend your arguments. Not telling us we shouldn't compare good movies to video games.

Are you seriously insulting people over this? Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 1443829230

Calm down. Jesus you're pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
".... about video games having less quality than movies."

You stated it right there as if it was a fact. Lrn2English.

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 1443829230

No. That wasn't a factual statement.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 pm

^^

You said that we are butthurt because video games are of lesser quality than movies. You are implying it is a fact.

Either you need to lrnenglish or just revise your sentence.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

You said that we are butthurt because video games are of lesser quality than movies. You are implying it is a fact.

Kinda twisting my words a bit there. What I meant was you guys are acting insecure about this. Why should we not compare good movies? Are you afraid that movies have more quality than video games or something? If not then you should be able to defend your arguments. Not telling us what we can't compare and what we can.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Kinda twisting my words a bit there. What I meant was you guys are acting insecure about this. Why should we not compare good movies? Are you afraid that movies have more quality than video games or something? If not then you should be able to defend your arguments. Not telling us what we can't compare and what we can.

What I said only reflects my opinion. I personally believe that they are incomparable.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 pm

The poll says it all mecha. As far as I can tell that's factual evidence.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:02 pm

@Greg Jennings

You're a hypocrite. I can't compare good movies to video games, but it's okay to compare 2 different genres from both movies and video games?

Oh and now that you ran out of arguments, you're now saying it's your opinion? Yeah right. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 725796345
BTW, you still fail to justify your opinion.

Last edited by Mecha on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Greg Jennings

You're a hypocrite. I can't compare good movies to video games, but it's okay to compare 2 different genres from both movies and video games?

Oh and now that you ran out arguments, you're now saying it's your opinion? Yeah right. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 725796345
BTW, you still fail to justify your opinion.

Again, I used Rambo's list to prove that we could go back and forth between how some games are better than movies are vice versa.

I didn't run out of arguments, I decided that since I've been repeating the same thing and you can't seem to grasp it that I'd give up.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:17 pm

@Greg Jennings

You're are the one who started comparing good games to bad movies. Then you say we aren't allowed to compare good movies to video games in general. Then you say it's all about preference. You're not making any sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Again? I already said this.

I compared good movies to bad games (Rondo did the same thing, actually, only opposite) to show that both of them have their good and bad sides. Is it that hard to understand? I don't think that they are comparable because they are different forms of entertainment. Games are immersive. They have gameplay, some even force you to make choices. Movies do not. How can you compare them?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:38 pm

@Greg Jennings

Bullshit. That's not what I asked you and you know it. How is comparing good video games to bad movies show the prons and cons on both sides? I agree that you can't compare the two, but what does comparing good video games to bad movies prove? I know it's all about preference, but you failed to prove your point. Your argument is very flawed.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 am

^^

I compared GOOD video games to BAD movies to prove that SOME games are better than OTHER movies and vice versa. I used it to prove that not all movies are better than games and that each one has their pros (Mass Effect and Tree of Life) and their cons. Rambo even expanded on it by listing movies better than games.

Argument isn't flawed, you just can't comprehend it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:35 am

@Greg Jennings

I can't comprehend because you don't make sense. Your arguments is all over the place. Comparing good video games to bad movies is okay, but comparing good movies to video games in general isn't? What? Also you didn't even gave pros to any movie. All you did was compare the worst movies you can think of to quality video games. You started the whole comparison thing, while Rambo was the one trying to prove that there are just a much bad videos games out there as there is for movies. After making a more proper comparison, you then say it's all about preference. Okay, but what happen to all that shit that you were saying before? It seems to me that you had no argument and just went to the "it's my opinion" route.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 am

Dear mecha.

Stop trying to hide your blindless and insecurity by acting like a prejudice one sided retard. All sonji pointed out was that the argument between movies and games is entirely subjective based on the scenario or certain games and movies you pick out per genre.

Only you have to act like a butthurt bitch because he used bad movies as example instead of bad games even tho that has nothing to do with that he is implying. Sonji could've mentioned good movies and bad games aswell and his standpoint wouldn't change one fucking bit. This is EXACTLY what you did when you were acting like an insecure sony drone. Not being capable to look it from an unbiased perspective.

Sincerely, anyone with common sense

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:18 am

Metal Gear Solid, the first series to have a truly deep story and deep side stories, yet the masses just screamed "too confusing" "un dunt get it?" If anyone actually took the time to learn about the story they'd be engrossed, I'm sure of that.

Nothing can touch it IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Dear mecha.

Stop trying to hide your blindless and insecurity by acting like a prejudice one sided retard. All sonji pointed out was that the argument between movies and games is entirely subjective based on the scenario or certain games and movies you pick out per genre.

Only you have to act like a butthurt bitch because he used bad movies as example instead of bad games even tho that has nothing to do with that he is implying. Sonji could've mentioned good movies and bad games aswell and his standpoint wouldn't change one fucking bit. This is EXACTLY what you did when you were acting like an insecure sony drone. Not being capable to look it from an unbiased perspective.

(Wakes up, sees reply)

Yeah if you're going to use insults at least know what your talking about. If you think I'm so butthurt because Sonji is using bad movies as a example then you're obviously way off. But I guess it's my fault for sounding a little aggressive. Anyway, I still think Sonji didn't do a good job at explaining his point. If you guys want to try to justify his point then go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Dear mecha.

(Wakes up, sees reply)

Yeah if you're going to use insults at least know what your talking about. If you think I'm so butthurt because Sonji is using bad movies as a example then you're obviously way off. But I guess it's my fault for sounding a little aggressive. Anyway, I still think Sonji didn't do a good job at explaining his point. If you guys want to try to justify his point then go right ahead.

Funny. You wouldn't be saying any of this if I had used good movies and bad games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies vs. Video Games
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next