Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movies vs. Video Games

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Based Sonji
Archduke
Azazel
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which form of entertainment do you enjoy the most?
Movies
Movies vs. Video Games I_vote_lcap29%Movies vs. Video Games I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Video Games
Movies vs. Video Games I_vote_lcap71%Movies vs. Video Games I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movies vs. Video Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Movies vs. Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Movies vs. Video Games Pictur10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Video games because not only do they last longer but as you actually play the story yourself you get more immersed in the feeling. However gaming does some seem to be on par yet with movie writing looking at the majority of games. But i still go with games.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Movies vs. Video Games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Films.

Video Gheymes are still a long way before they can even be considered in the same category as movies.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Movies vs. Video Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Video games are fun in many ways, but movies usually create a much wider range of emotions, and I don't think video games will ever match movies in terms of story.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Movies vs. Video Games 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:09 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Video games are fun in many ways, but movies usually create a much wider range of emotions, and I don't think video games will ever match movies in terms of story.

Movie Wanker

In before Reaper!
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Movies vs. Video Games 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Mine is this except flipped to be this.

TheCinemaJack Quote Azazel Version wrote:
Films are cool in many ways, but video games usually create a much wider range of emotions, and I prefer video games to movies in terms of story.

It is all subjective after all. Though I prefer games as shown.

Last edited by Azazel on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:39 pm

TheCinemaJack Quote Azazel Version wrote:
Films are cool in many ways, but video games usually create a much wider range of emotions, and I don't think movies will ever match movies in terms of story.

Movies: Because they will never match movies in terms of story.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 am

Video games.

I don't think it really isn't even close. The videogame industry now makes way more money each year than cinema does. Frankly, I think it's because people are running out of ideas for movies. Maybe they should stop making pointless reboots and find some originality to work with.

That being said, I still love both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Films.

Video Gheymes are still a long way before they can even be considered in the same category as movies.

Mass Effect is better than any movie this year.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Films.

Story-wise? Nah man.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Movies vs. Video Games StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:38 am

Video games having the same level of respect as movies? That is a long path. Too few games out there that raises the respect of video games. Today it's all the same shit but with a different title.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Films.

Mass Effect is an exception.

Very few video games can match the quality of films, but I'll have to agree, while Mass Effect is not better than every film that's slated for release this year, it definitely is on the same level.

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 am

Video games because even the best movie plays the same every time you watch it. I can make my experience different with games every time.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:05 am

I'm 110% sure we had a thread like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Films.

Very few video games can match the quality of films, but I'll have to agree, while Mass Effect is not better than every film that's slated for release this year, it definitely is on the same level.

Heavy Rain, Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Video games because even the best movie plays the same every time you watch it. I can make my experience different with games every time.
Well, that really depends on the game. Call of Duty isn't going to be much different the second time you play it, but a film like Drive has things you don't pick up on the first time and you can appreciate it in a new way.

Teckno wrote:
I'm 110% sure we had a thread like this.
We did. Movies vs. Video Games 725796345

Greg Jennings wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Films.

I disagree. I'd liken it more to something like the Star Trek reboot, basically a better-than-normal blockbuster.

Heavy Rain, Uncharted.
Heavy Rain did a good job with its characters but the story was terribly done. Uncharted is fun but it's really just a blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:01 am

^^

Sooo.... Most movies these days?
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 pm

They both have shit, and they both have good points.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Heavy Rain did a good job establishing its characters, but its story is still a long way before it can really be compared to a great film.

Uncharted is fun, but the characters are really the only reason that the games are so likeable. The story itself, in every UC game, is flat, filled with plotholes and uses a couple of film clichés to try to stand out.

If you're going to compare story, then make sure you're not comparing something like Mass Effect to fucking The Expendables

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:31 pm

This says Movies vs. Videogames, not Good Movies vs. Videogames. Heavy Rain and Uncharted > Epic Movie. Epic Movie is a film, despite it not being a good movie.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
This says Movies vs. Videogames, not Good Movies vs. Videogames. Heavy Rain and Uncharted > Epic Movie. Epic Movie is a film, despite it not being a good movie.

....You're comparing Good video games to bad films?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 pm

^^

Duke Nukem Forever > Epic Movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movies vs. Video Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Sonji is either trolling or just simply retarded.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I prefer video games. I prefer the control I have to it as opposed to the non existent control I'd have over a movie. I'd prefer a movie over a video game if I was lazy as fuck that day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sonji is either trolling or just simply retarded.

I'm retarded because I'm stating that some movies are just as bad as games? That some are even worse?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies vs. Video Games
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next