Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Movies vs. Video Games

Go down 
+10
Bluenose
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
Based Sonji
Archduke
Azazel
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which form of entertainment do you enjoy the most?
Movies
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Video Games
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_vote_lcap71%Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sonji is either trolling or just simply retarded.

I'm retarded because I'm stating that some movies are just as bad as games? That some are even worse?

You're comparing a first-person shooter to a unfunny spoof cash-in. Duke Nukem Forever and The Expendables would have been a fair comparison.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 1443829230 We're comparing the quality of games, not the quality of certain types of games. It doesn't matter what genre they are because they are already COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Duke Nukem Forever > Epic Movie.

It's quite dumb to compare TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GENRES TO ONE ANOTHER.

But now that you're on it;

Spider-man 3 > Alone in the Dark
Hitman > Amy
The Fourth Kind > Spider-man: Web of Shadows
The Ring > Need For Speed: Undercover
Aliens vs Predator 2 > Avatar: The last Airbender
The Expendables > Hannah Montana: The videogame
Saw 3D > Terminator:Salvation
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

So I think we've come to the conclusion that there are terrible movies and games, and great games and movies. There's really nothing more to be discussed cause there really is no argument to put one significantly over the other. Just matter of an opinion.

YEA, THAT'S RIGHT, I WENT HIPPIE MODE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Duke Nukem Forever > Epic Movie.

It's quite dumb to compare TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GENRES TO ONE ANOTHER.

But now that you're on it;

Hitman > Amy

K, let's compare similar genres.

Uncharted > Spider-Man 3 (action)
Hitman (games) > Hitman (movie) (action)
Mass Effect > The Fourth Kind (sci-fi)
Dead Space > The Ring (horror)
Dead Space > AvP2 (action/horror)
Gears of War > The Expendables (action)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent > Saw 3D (horror)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 1443829230 We're comparing the quality of games, not the quality of certain types of games. It doesn't matter what genre they are because they are already COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT.

That makes no sense. So you're best example of comparing the quality of movies and video game is Duke Nukem Forever vs. Epic Movie? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:34 pm

^^Read the post before yours.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Sooo.... Most movies these days?
Have bad stories? No. Are blockbusters? No. Games obviously have their place in entertainment, but the best video game narrative doesn't compare to a good movie narrative. A good one. Obviously some bad films are below video games in terms of storytelling, but a good movie narrative wipes the floor with the best video game narrative. I will concede though, video games do have vastly superior gameplay.

Teckno wrote:
I prefer video games. I prefer the control I have to it as opposed to the non existent control I'd have over a movie. I'd prefer a movie over a video game if I was lazy as fuck that day.
I'm sorry, but you have to be pretty fucking lazy to be like, "I could play a video game, but pushing buttons is too much effort."
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 pm

You've never had missions that you were too tired to complete or give a shit about to finish?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

You obviously don't watch a lot of movies. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 725796345

This is a more proper comparison list...

Uncharted < Raiders of the Lost Ark (action)
Hitman < Léon: The Professional (action)
Mass Effect < Star Wars (sci-fi)
Dead Space < Alien (horror)
Dead Space < Aliens (action/horror)
Gears of War < Predator (action)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent < House on Haunted Hill (horror)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Teckno wrote:
You've never had missions that you were too tired to complete or give a shit about to finish?
Well yeah, but that was more from frustration, and I thought you meant that there were days when you couldn't even be bothered to load a game up.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

You obviously don't watch a lot of movies. Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 725796345

I used Rambo's movie list.

Also, you simply proved my point. Movies are not better than games and vice versa. It boils down to preference. There will always be a game better than a movie and a movie better than a game. Both are art, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

I used Rambo's movie list.

Also, you simply proved my point. Movies are not better than games and vice versa. It boils down to preference. There will always be a game better than a movie and a movie better than a game. Both are art, regardless.

I hate to say it, but there are still people today, after all these years, who still ignore video games and label them as something the unusual person would do.

Last edited by Duke on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm

@Sonji

No you haven't. You made your own list. Plus you haven't proved anything. All you did was compare good video games to bad films. Since I did a more proper comparison, I highly don't you can bring up games that can top the films I listed.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Hitman > Amy

I used Rambo's list.

Plus, I rather play Mass Effect than watch any of the movies you listed. This proves my point once again. They are incomparable and it simply boils down to taste.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm

^ Not to sound like a moron or anything, but it seemed and sounded more like you tried to say that Video games are better than Films, not that it boils down to taste.

"Mass Effect is better than any movie this year" - Sonji

"Duke Nukem: Forever > Epic Movie" - Sonji

etc.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 pm

@Sonji

If you used Rambo's list then I used his list as well.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Sonji

If you used Rambo's list then I used his list as well.

Technically, you used my list which was based off of Rambo's.

Rambo, I used those examples because everyone went into movie elitist mode in here.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 pm

lolsonji, you didn't make any point that it all boils down to taste.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Quote :
Greg Jennings wrote:
This says Movies vs. Videogames, not Good Movies vs. Videogames. Heavy Rain and Uncharted > Epic Movie. Epic Movie is a film, despite it not being a good movie.

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Sonji is either trolling or just simply retarded.

I'm retarded because I'm stating that some movies are just as bad as games? That some are even worse?

Greg Jennings wrote:

He never said video games were better than films. He said you can't compare them because they're completely different. He also made a point that Rambo was only using good movies for examples and leaving out all the bad ones. You, Rambo, and Mecha, are just plain retarded.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:08 pm

It's funny how when Rambo makes comparisons he's retarded. But when Sonji does it it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:21 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
He never said video games were better than films. He said you can't compare them because they're completely different. He also made a point that Rambo was only using good movies for examples and leaving out all the bad ones. You, Rambo, and Mecha, are just plain retarded.
Yes, we're retarded. How dare we compare how we feel about video games to how we feel about films in a thread called "MOVIES VS. VIDEO GAMES." HOW FUCKING STUPID OF US.

Get the fuck out, bro.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:30 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Yes, we're retarded. How dare we compare how we feel about video games to how we feel about films in a thread called "MOVIES VS. VIDEO GAMES." HOW FUCKING STUPID OF US.

Get the fuck out, bro.

This is why I called you guys retarded.

TheCinemaJack wrote:

I replied to this. Sonji was saying you can't compare video games to films since it all comes down to preference. Of course all of you completely miss the point and take it as him comparing good games to bad movies. I just explained that, and someone you twist it into something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

We know that Sonji is talking about preference, and I agree. But he failed to prove his point by making bad comparisons.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
We know that Sonji is talking about preference, and I agree. But he failed to prove his point by making bad comparisons.

That's exactly the point Mecha. He was intentionally making bad comparisons. He was trying to say if you are going to compare them, then don't compare games with only the good movies, as there is crap on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies vs. Video Games   Movies vs. Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies vs. Video Games
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next