Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 Empty
PostSubject: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 am

343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 Halowars_spartans233_crop_thumb

Quote :
Bungie’s confirmed the final handover of power on the Halo IP to 343 Industries will take place by March 31.

The original stalwarts of the series since 2001, the Seattle-based studio will transfer control on all things John-117 to the Microsoft first-party studio by that date. However, it will continue to keep historic data “for as long as the Internet and Bungie’s data storage systems remain functional.”

“Bungie will no longer be able to update game stats and player service records, to host new user generated content, or to operate the Bungie Pro service. All currently supported, Bungie-developed Halo titles will be impacted by this change,” a post on the developer’s site reads.

“Any replacement functionality, and all future Halo support, will be provided by Microsoft and 343 Industries via Halo Waypoint at http://halo.xbox.com.”

It continued: “Thanks for making the Halo-era version of Bungie.net more successful than we could have possibly imagined. You complete us.”

Bungie is working on a multiplaform brand new universe with Activision, which is still to be announced, while 343 is working on a new trilogy of Halo games, beginning with Halo 4 this holiday season following the release of Combat Evolved Anniversary last year.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/01/343-industries-takes-over-halo-from-bungie-on-march-31/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 am

I will miss bungie.net Sad

But i have high expectations for 343.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:39 pm

"You complete us"

.......... how cheesy.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm

It was a good run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Halo Waypoint is shaping up really nice. 343 seems to be heading in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Thank you Bungie. ❤
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31   343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

343 Industries takes over Halo from Bungie on March 31
Page 1 of 1