Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Bungie looking for PS3 devs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Bungie looking for PS3 devs Empty
PostSubject: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2011/04/bungie-looking-for-beta-testers-for-new.html

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=30164

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Yea, I'm definitely going to get Bungie's next game on the 360 considering they have zero experience with Playstation hardware.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Bungie looking for PS3 devs XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm sure the games will be the same on both consoles. I mean, Bungie is hiring people with Playstation experience, plus they're not the kind of developer to cut corners.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Alanski wrote:
Yea, I'm definitely going to get Bungie's next game on the 360 considering they have zero experience with Playstation hardware.

uh, you don't even know what genre bungie's next game is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

uh, you don't even know what genre bungie's next game is.

Uh, since when do you need to know the genre of a game when you are talking about game engine performance?

@TRF

Doesn't this situation look familiar? Didn't Valve try to get other devs to port the PS3 version of the Orange Box for them? That ended up being a disaster. I doubt Bungie's next game will be a porting disaster like Bayonetta or any of Valve's games before 2011. Though, I don't know about yall but I'm not going to take my chances.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 pm

TRF wrote:
I'm sure the games will be the same on both consoles. I mean, Bungie is hiring people with Playstation experience, plus they're not the kind of developer to cut corners.

They may not be the kind of developers to cut corners, but Activision is definitely the sort of publisher that cuts corners and they will be pushing Bungie a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:05 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

They may not be the kind of developers to cut corners, but Activision is definitely the sort of publisher that cuts corners and they will be pushing Bungie a lot.
The way Bungie described their deal with the devil, it seemed like they had full rights to their IP. I don't think Activision has any creative control over the game as per their contract.

@Alan: Yes, Valve got OTHER developers to port the game. In this case, it looks more like Bungie is hiring PS3 designers to work for them rather than letting some other company do the port, unlike Valve who got EA UK to do the PS3 port.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 pm

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

The way Bungie described their deal with the devil, it seemed like they had full rights to their IP. I don't think Activision has any creative control over the game as per their contract.

@Alan: Yes, Valve got OTHER developers to port the game. In this case, it looks more like Bungie is hiring PS3 designers to work for them rather than letting some other company do the port, unlike Valve who got EA UK to do the PS3 port.

Indeed Activision have no creative control, but if they have the publishing rights, I would assume that Activision will be pushing Bungie as hard as they can to release it as soon as possible because they really need another big franchise apart from Call of Duty. Once again this is purely assumption.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 pm

They may push, but Bungie doesn't have to listen. Activision is already under contract with them.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Actually, Bungie is under contract with Activision Razz. Like any other publisher Activision probably gives the deadlines.

Just think Gears of War. Epic has "full control" over the series yet MS can delay/push deadlines for Gears games. "under contract" is a two-way street. Both parties have to conform.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Ill buy their next game on 360 anyways.I bet it will be the lead version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bungie looking for PS3 devs   Bungie looking for PS3 devs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bungie looking for PS3 devs
Page 1 of 1