Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models

Go down 
+8
Based Sonji
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
CernaMLD
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
yonny616
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:37 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
First, that's EXACTLY what you and Cerna did to Ghost's comment.

Uhhh excuse me? Nice assumption there but I don't even use the rep system. So fuck you.

Ofcourse you don't use it. Last place doesn't get that privilege.

/get back on topic or you're all banned.

Boy isn't that ironic.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:41 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
First, that's EXACTLY what you and Cerna did to Ghost's comment.

Uhhh excuse me? Nice assumption there but I don't even use the rep system. So fuck you.

Ofcourse you don't use it. Last place doesn't get that privilege.

/get back on topic or you're all banned.

Boy isn't that ironic.

Not really. Alan always acts like that.

Anyway, lets get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

ok guys if you want me to justify my comment. When a game is critically acclaimed as AAA by both reviewers and fans worldwide, I except top of the class, industry leading gameplay and controls.

When Uncharted 3 has such a focus on shooting, I except the third person shooting elements to be the best in the industry. But the reality is that Uncharted 3's controls are nowhere near as precise, fluid and accurate as the best third person shooters in the industry.

As for the Assassin's Creed comparison, I feel that Ezio controls much better that Drake does in terms of the fluidity of his parkouring. The reason so many people have a problem with Assassin's Creed's controls is that the open world nature of the game means that you can die easily due to the controls. Obviously this is not a problem with Uncharted because Naughty Dog shoehorns the experience so much that if you are even close to dying due to a control fault, you will hit an invisible wall or magically grab on the a ledge.
But even that was less well done in Uncharted 3 and one example was the part when you are running towards the camera in when the water was coming in the ship and I kept on dying because you cannot see what the fuck was in front of you.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

ghost23 wrote:
ok guys if you want me to justify my comment. When a game is critically acclaimed as AAA by both reviewers and fans worldwide, I except top of the class, industry leading gameplay and controls.

When Uncharted 3 has such a focus on shooting, I except the third person shooting elements to be the best in the industry. But the reality is that Uncharted 3's controls are nowhere near as precise, fluid and accurate as the best third person shooters in the industry.

As for the Assassin's Creed comparison, I feel that Ezio controls much better that Drake does in terms of the fluidity of his parkouring. The reason so many people have a problem with Assassin's Creed's controls is that the open world nature of the game means that you can die easily due to the controls. Obviously this is not a problem with Uncharted because Naughty Dog shoehorns the experience so much that if you are even close to dying due to a control fault, you will hit an invisible wall or magically grab on the a ledge.
But even that was less well done in Uncharted 3 and one example was the part when you are running towards the camera in when the water was coming in the ship and I kept on dying because you cannot see what the fuck was in front of you.

No offense, but it just sounds to me like you suck at the game. The gameplay is far from being bad. I mean Naughty Dog have improved a lot since Uncharted 2. They even fix the aiming problem that Uncharted 3 was having at start. But as long as expectations are high, you'll never be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Ironically as a fan of the series YOU should have higher expectations.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:

I just didn't think it could have top Uncharted 2. And Metacritic didn't help. But after playing it, I liked it better Uncharted 2. Despite it's flaws.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

I just didn't think it could have top Uncharted 2. And Metacritic didn't help. But after playing it, I liked it better Uncharted 2. Despite it's flaws.

Well if it means anything I don't see what's so bad about the controls.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 am

Just because a game gets AAA status doesn't mean that everyone will like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2