Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million

Go down 
+4
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Angelus
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 am

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NTDOF&ql=1

They definitely over-estimated it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:32 pm

A bigger fuckup than my local weatherman.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Going the way of Sega I see.....

Hopefully when they get their main 1st party titles they will rack in the sales. They especially need to make the New Super Smash bros very appealing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Teckno wrote:
Going the way of Sega I see.....

Hopefully when they get their main 1st party titles they will rack in the sales. They especially need to make the New Super Smash bros very appealing.

I think it's more of a console problem. The Wii was more of a "dime-a-dozen" novelty, with a handful of decent and good games. The kinda thing anyone can justify owning, even if they primarily play on another platform, or just don't play games very often. I like to call it the hamster of the 7th Gen.

The Wii U looks more like a slightly better 7th gen console, that simply does not compare to PS4, One, or even an above-average PC. While I'm still interested in owning one and some of the games, I can see why it would have limited appeal. The name also kinda sucks, makes it seem like a deluxe version of the normal Wii, imo.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 pm

It's pretty clear that somebody or some people in Nintendo's upper management need to be fired.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:07 pm

GameCube 2.0 if its lucky.

At least they still have the handheld market.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Still waiting for an apology from all of you for calling me an idiot on this matter.....
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:27 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/18/nintendo-misread-market-considering-new-business-structure/

Quote :
Iwata added that sales were better in Japan, but that Nintendo needs to do a better job of keeping track of trends in the west. “In Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad, that doesn’t work,” he said.

Sounds like they just didn't do enough research into Western cultures and trends.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Nintendo needs to develop an awesome 3rd or 1st person shooter and maybe then they can catch the Western market.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:33 am

Teckno wrote:
Nintendo needs to develop an awesome 3rd or 1st person shooter and maybe then they can catch the Western market.

Wrong. They need to sit tight and wait for SSB/Zelda/Metroid/etc. to be released.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 am

Based Sonji wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Wrong. They need to sit tight and wait for SSB/Zelda/Metroid/etc. to be released.

That's not going to cut it the same way it didn't cut it for the Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:20 pm

God damn that is terrible. Nintendo could be going the way of SEGA in the future, if they don't fix their problems soon. I mean, they will still be around even if Wii U flops miserably. They have plenty of funds to buy and pay their way out of things. But still, this is disappointing to see.

Also, FIRE IWATA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:35 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/nintendo-iwata-will-take-50-pay-cut-following-financial-report/
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/nintendo-iwata-will-take-50-pay-cut-following-financial-report/

This is good. Too many companies lay off the little guys over executive mistakes or poor predictions.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:48 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million   Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Cuts Wii U Sales Forecast From 9 Million to 2.8 Million
Page 1 of 1