Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models

Go down 
+8
Based Sonji
The Enkindler
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
CernaMLD
ghost23
The_Biotic_God
yonny616
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models Empty
PostSubject: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 pm

If Uncharted 2 uses over 30,000 and GoWIII uses 20,000, then I wonder how games with a million polygons would look?
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/01/20/naughty-dog-working-on-next-gen-game-with-million-poly-character-models/
Quote :
After the release of Uncharted 2, Naughty Dog split into teams – one to work on Uncharted 3, and the other to work on The Last of Us. With Uncharted 3 now out, what is the first Naughty Dog team working on? A new job listing uncovered by PlayStation LifeStyle suggests that the top developer is working on a next gen game that has million polygon characters.

The listing for a Character Artist states (emphasis added):

"Prior professional experience with normal map extraction of human models for next-gen games."

Additionally, it also says that “this digital sculptor will be responsible for making million poly models game ready, and support highest-res characters for renderings”, and as the job is a character artist, it’s clear the million polygon models being discussed are character models. To put that in perspective, Naughty Dog previously revealed that Uncharted 2 character models were “over 30,000″ polygons, and Kratos in GOW III is made of ‘only’ 20,000 polygons. That means a huge step up over existing PS3 games.

Considering how amazing Naughty Dog games look on the PS3, the thought of far higher res games on the PS4 is truly mindblowing. But what would you like from Naughty Dog? Uncharted 4 or an entirely new IP? Let us know in the comments below.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm

There is a point where having the extra polygons really won't make much a difference.

There's a huge difference between a 1K model and a 5K model..but less of a difference between a 15 K model and a 20K model.

It's all about the use of pixel shaders. The character models in Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 look incredible because of the shaders that enhance those models. Oh yea and let's not forget....high res textures help make the models look pretty as well.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 pm

I think Naughty Dog should focus on tightening up their gameplay first.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Uhhh... they mean make million polygon characters so they can extract normal maps out of them. This is common for all 3D models in games.

ghost, get out.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Make like a ghost and disappear. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 am

Ghost you silly man. Don't you know that opinion aren't allowed in G7 and that you need to nutthug everything naughty dog makes?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
I think Naughty Dog should focus on tightening up their gameplay first.
Uncharted had some loose controls but they weren't bad. And maybe The Last of Us won't be that same style of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 am

Ghost is right, they should improve the gameplay first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 am

Sheogorath wrote:
Ghost is right, they should improve the gameplay first.

No matter how much they improve you guys will always find something to nitpick about. I'm not saying Uncharted 3 gameplay is perfect. There is definitely room for improvement. But it did improve from Uncharted 2 however. Yet, it still isn't good enough is it?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 am

/Tells Naughty Dog to tighten up their gameplay.
/Loves Assassin Creed.

I joke.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm

They should just make a new Jak game so all the Jak fans will shut the fuck up already.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Uhhh... they mean make million polygon characters so they can extract normal maps out of them. This is common for all 3D models in games.

ghost, get out.

Mecha wrote:

lol, funny how you two get so butthurt over a simple comment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:

ghost, get out.

Mecha wrote:

Thats G7 for you. Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models 3128676713
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:

ghost, get out.

Mecha wrote:

Looks who's talking. Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models 725796345

Putting our rep down all because we disagree with your follow Xbox member.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Mecha wrote:

Looks who's talking. Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models 725796345

Wow that is pretty fucking ironic since i see that 2 people voted down ghost. Damn i can feel the hypocrisy already. :awwyeah:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Wow that is pretty fucking ironic since i see that 2 people voted down ghost. Damn i can feel the hypocrisy already. :awwyeah:

But did I had to get a rep down for my second comment? Like seriously? Just goes to show how butthurt people can get.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

But did I had to get a rep down for my second comment? Like seriously? Just goes to show how butthurt people can get.
So when ghost gets a rep - its deserved. When you get a rep - everyone is suddenly butthurt?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

So when ghost gets a rep - its deserved. When you get a rep - everyone is suddenly butthurt?

That's not what I said. What I meant was people go as far to abuse the rep all because of a comment they don't like.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That's not what I said. What I meant was people go as far to abuse the rep all because of a comment they don't like.

Am I reading this correctly? First, that's EXACTLY what you and Cerna did to Ghost's comment. Second, isn't that the whole purpose of the plus and minus? You rate up comments you like, and rate down comments you dislike. I don't see a problem here.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:30 pm

You're right BS. You have as much right to down reps as we do. However, saying that we're butthurt for disagreeing with Ghost, yet you're putting more rep downs than us. So who's the one that's really butthurt now. Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models 725796345
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:19 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
First, that's EXACTLY what you and Cerna did to Ghost's comment.

Uhhh excuse me? Nice assumption there but I don't even use the rep system. So fuck you.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
You're right BS. You have as much right to down reps as we do. However, saying that we're butthurt for disagreeing with Ghost, yet you're putting more rep downs than us. So who's the one that's really butthurt now. Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models 725796345

I called you guys butthurt because you guys always do stuff like that. Every time someone says something negative about Sony or Uncharted, no matter how minor it is, you just have to call them out on it and defend Sony or Uncharted.

The thumbs down had nothing to do with me thinking you're butthurt, it's the whole Sony defense force thing you have going on.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 pm

anyways back on topic

for them to get in-game character models and render real time with '' a million-polygons'' they will need the horse power to do it so dont expect this to come on the trey

however the new batch of consoles could do it but it will be a massive task the engine must be top notch to get it to work
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I called you guys butthurt because you guys always do stuff like that. Every time someone says something negative about Sony or Uncharted, no matter how minor it is, you just have to call them out on it and defend Sony or Uncharted.

The thumbs down had nothing to do with me thinking you're butthurt, it's the whole Sony defense force thing you have going on.

Does it bother you that much that I don't agree with you guys sometimes? I admit, I'm Sony bias. Sue me. If you truely believe in your opinions than you should defend them. Instead of telling people how butthurt they are just because they don't agree. Very mature.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
First, that's EXACTLY what you and Cerna did to Ghost's comment.

Uhhh excuse me? Nice assumption there but I don't even use the rep system. So fuck you.

Ofcourse you don't use it. Last place doesn't get that privilege.

/get back on topic or you're all banned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models   Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naughty Dog Working on Next-Gen Games with million-poly charcter models
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next