Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?

Go down 
+2
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? Empty
PostSubject: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 pm

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I-am-alive-081808

Quote :
As most of you know, I Am Alivewas originally supposed to be a full Blu-Ray production, but development didn't go exactly as planned and the game underwent some changes. Hence, it'll be a downloadable title on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace.

But why? What were the reasons behind the shift? Well, one of them might actually have something to do with the competition; specifically, Naughty Dog's newest project, The Last Of Us. Apparently, a Ubisoft insider told PSM3 magazine that Naughty Dog really spooked the Ubisoft team:

"A Ubisoft insider suggests upcoming survive-’em-up I Am Alive was driven to PSN by fear of competing with PlayStation 3 survival adventure The Last of Us. Few can touch Naughty Dog’s production values and competing with them on shelves would be a bad move."

It's an interesting explanation but we're not sure if the timelines are adding up. It might be likely that Ubisoft saw The Last Of Usbefore Naughty Dog unveiled it at the Spike TV Video Game Awards last year, and then got all freaked out. The two game styles are kinda similar. But was I Am Alivereally that far off that it wouldn't release until around the same time as The Last Of Us...?

I mean, if you wanted to release The Last Of Usin late February (a date that appears to be possible, based on a European source), you won't be anywhere near Naughty Dog's game. Even if you released it a few months later, still nowhere near... So we're a little confused on this one.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10553.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:44 pm

"Few can touch Naughty Dog’s production values and competing with them on shelves would be a bad move."

Wow this is one of those rare moments when a developer actually praises a competing developer to actually be better than them in production value.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 pm

But wasn't it confirmed to be a digital title before The Last of Us was even announced?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

TRF wrote:
But wasn't it confirmed to be a digital title before The Last of Us was even announced?

Yeah, it was.

At least as far as I can remember... :scratch:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

TRF wrote:
It was also retail I believe.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:49 pm

TRF wrote:

This is true, add to the fact that I Am Alive is out in March and Last of Us has no release date as far as I know, I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry if im wrong but im sure I Am Alive has been in development for fucking ages?

Looks like they missed their chance and are now getting rumbled by ND.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?   I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Am Alive goes digital, Ubisoft afraid of The Last Of Us?
Page 1 of 1