Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?

Go down 
+2
Mecha
ghost23
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? Empty
PostSubject: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 am

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1215948p1.html
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 am

XBOX- Maybe
PS4- Highly unlikely given the weak sales performance of the Vita in Japan, Sony wouldnt be in a position to release new hardware.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 am

ghost23 wrote:
XBOX- Maybe
PS4- Highly unlikely given the weak sales performance of the Vita in Japan, Sony wouldnt be in a position to release new hardware.

The Vita will sell better by the time E3 gets here. So I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm

^^

I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I doubt it aswell.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:24 pm

What's there to doubt?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
What's there to doubt?
The fact that the PSP's success was mainly thanks to Japan. And despite the vita having launched in japan at its best in the holiday it didn't sell what was expected i can easily see that the vita can bomb in the west at such a bad launch in february when the holidays and money spending are over despite having some games that appeal to the west like uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Is this confirmed? I've seen multiple sites that says it has and hasn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Duke wrote:
Is this confirmed? I've seen multiple sites that says it has and hasn't.
It's rumored but the source were it comes from appears to be a very legit source.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
What's there to doubt?
The fact that the PSP's success was mainly thanks to Japan. And despite the vita having launched in japan at its best in the holiday it didn't sell what was expected i can easily see that the vita can bomb in the west at such a bad launch in february when the holidays and money spending are over despite having some games that appeal to the west like uncharted.

Of course Vita didn't do well at launch. Why pay a lot of money over a handheld with barley no games? Not to mention, the 3DS is more affordable and has more games for the consumers. It should do better once it's released in North America and Europe. Even if it doesn't do well as people had hoped.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
What's there to doubt?

Of course Vita didn't do well at launch. Why pay a lot of money over a handheld with barley no games? Not to mention, the 3DS is more affordable and has more games for the consumers. It should do better once it's released in North America and Europe. Even if it doesn't do well as people had hoped.

That is not really how these things work. The 3DS and PS Vita's fanbases are to different from eachother to make a claim like that. The fact is that most people choose the 3DS over the vita is because nintendo is super familiar within the handheld market in 1st party support. People will be looking forward to mario, zelda, pokemon. The PSP only had its playstation name to be able to sell which isn't really the case now anymore.

The Vita had over around 26 launch titles in japan with far more known and appealing titles than the PSP had yet the PSP sold more its in first weeks in japan. The PS Vita isn't gonna make a big comeback after that. The 3DS did however because for its known franchises.

Now lets go over to america and europe. It is releasing on a terrible launch window quickly after the holidays. The chances of it selling great enough is unlikely and if even sony's main killer app uncharted cannot help that up than it will not sell any better than it did in japan's standards.

And that is why i doubt.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
What's there to doubt?

The 3DS outsold the PSVita's numbers even when it was $250.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 pm

TEH DOOOO0000MMMZzZZZ
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
What's there to doubt?

The 3DS outsold the PSVita's numbers even when it was $250.

You do know that Japan is more expensive than the US right? A 3DS in Japan would probably coat $230 in US dollars.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 pm

^^

Pretty sure all they did was convert Yen to US dollars for the price.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

I think they'll both be shown at E3 2012 and they'll be released late 2013/early 2014. Just a hunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?   Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Both PS4 and nextbox will be shown at E3 2012?
Page 1 of 1