Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Killzone 3 Beta Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Killzone 3 Beta Review Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 3 Beta Review   Killzone 3 Beta Review I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 am

Well i've played quite a few games of the beta and so far......its really good.

Guerilla Games really have improved on everything bad about Killzone 2, the movement is much more responsive so theres no more dancing round eachother trying to aim at eachother because of unresponsive controls.

The iron sights and scopes actually serve a purpose now, no more firing from the hip because of redundant scopes, combat in general is just much more fluid and fun to play. Its not quite as fast as call of duty, i think i fts more into Bad Company 2 as it has weight but smooth movement.

The weapons seem to be mostly balanced, the LMG however could do with some tweaking as its very accurate at all ranges to the point where taking a sniper rifle would be a second choice to an LMG.

The actual map in the beta is fine, its just that spawns should be changed or tweaked somehow as its notoriously easy for the defenders to defend the area as they can see right into the ISA spawn. Also for some obscure reason if you are a defender you can literally walk into the ISA spawn as its not off limits in any way.

I didnt do much skill point unlocking as i was doing good enough with jus the basic weapons, but i am quite good at most FPS games and i can see new players getting stomped on as they simply do not have any skills or secondary weapons. This could be a miserable experience if you are facing an enemy team with alot of unlocks.

Graphics are obviously amazing, sound is very good aswell. The gun sounds are leaning more towards the chunky and realistic Bad Company 2 instead of the pop-guns and pea shooters of Black Ops. Textures for the enviroment are good with everything looking very well done and i was looking for a while before i found some Call of Duty-esque low res texture and even then it was a tiny metal grate that you would otherwise never see.

Character models are very good as are the weapon renders. Lighting is also very well done especially when you are in a room with the roof or wall caved in and the sunlight pouring through.

Overall i'd rate the Killzone 3 Beta a 9.0 out of 10, all it really needs is some minor tweaks to spawn areas and maybe add an off-limit to the span areas to give the attackers more of a chance. And tone down the LMG accuracy at range.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Beta Review   Killzone 3 Beta Review I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

Couldn't agree more

- Love the more responsive controls
- A a reatard can't place a spawn nade at the enemy spwan up Killzone 3 Beta Review 21888
- Iron Sights serve a purpose !

Negatives -
- The point system KZ2 took much longer still to this day haven't fully unlocked everything.
- Spawns you can spawn camp but its a beta they should sort it out and listen to the testers coughmecough
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Beta Review   Killzone 3 Beta Review I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah, the spawn camping thing could be a problem. But other than that, this beta is very good. I don't own a PS3, but I played it a friends house for a few hours. Its way better than KZ2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Beta Review   Killzone 3 Beta Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 Beta Review
Page 1 of 1