Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1

Go down 
+10
Hydell
BioDemon
Based Sonji
Stoney
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Archduke
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 Empty
PostSubject: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:40 am

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 20111021me3

Quote :
BioWare has aiming to introduce multiplayer for Mass Effect since the very first game, creative director Casey Hudson has said.

Speaking to Xbox World 360, Hudson said “it was always a fun, intriguing idea to partake in the Mass Effect universe with friends” based around co-op.

The idea then resurfaced for Mass Effect 2, where, according to Hudson, “you could perhaps take control of one of the other characters for a while.”

The overriding factor that stopped multiplayer being implemented until Mass Effect 3 was concern over narrative.

“The difference really was that, with ME3, we adopted a fundamentally different approach to what the thing is about, which is that there is a whole intergalactic war going on, which wasn’t the case in the previous entries,” said Hudson.

“So Shepard is still the hero, making the big decisions, deciding what’s going to happen with the universe and building alliances, but now there’s armies all over the place, fighting to just hang onto different locations. That provided us with a different idea; now in multiplayer you can play as that crew of special forces, journeying around and helping Shepard with the war effort.”

See? All is good in the hood, single-play fans. Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6 in the US and March 9 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Lies. All lies.

Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 1443829230
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 pm

wut lies....

This sorta proves EA didn't actually force them and it was totally in the minds of the genius Bioware from the beginning.

ya'll juzt a hatin
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
wut lies....

This sorta proves EA didn't actually force them and it was totally in the minds of the genius Bioware from the beginning.

ya'll juzt a hatin

Their just in denial. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
wut lies....

ya'll juzt a hatin

Their just in denial. Razz

Next thing you know they'll turn Mass Effect into a platformer and make it a PS3 exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Yay.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Teckno wrote:
Yay.

Nay.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Yay.

Nay.

Hoorah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Duke, you killed it. :fuckthat:

Back on topic people.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm

I love how everyone is so eager to dismiss Mass Effect 3's co-op mode. Don't any of you guys have faith in BioWare?

And this is all coming from someone who doesn't even like Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:26 pm

^^^^^

And considering some of their early titles had co-op . . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

TRF wrote:
I love how everyone is so eager to dismiss Mass Effect 3's co-op mode. Don't any of you guys have faith in BioWare?

And this is all coming from someone who doesn't even like Mass Effect.

I want Mass Effect to stay being a single player experience. I'm sure ME3's co-op mode won't suck, but it's obvious that the reason why they slapped it on in the first place is because of EA's push for online passes.

I'm okay with co-op, I just don't like the incentive. No one asked for it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm

^^

..... Or maybe Bioware wanted to add MP because they felt it would enhance the overall enjoyment of the game? They were originally a MP developer, after all...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

..... Or maybe Bioware wanted to add MP because they felt it would enhance the overall enjoyment of the game? They were originally a MP developer, after all...

They wait till the third game in the trilogy to implement mainstream "enhancements?" Fuck that.

My and basically any Bioware fans ideal plan for Mass Effects future is: Focus exclusively on SP for the trilogy, then release a bunch of Mass Effect- themed spin-off games.

Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 pm

^Nope, I'm a huge ME fan, got all the achievements on ME1 and was just missing a few on ME2, and I welcome this feature, I trust Bioware.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:18 am

I dont know why alot of you are so untrusting when it comes to adding MP to Mass Effect...it would basically be a sci-fi version of Gears or Uncharted and we know they are both fun. Plus Bioware are too professional to let the Single Player go to shit.

So wipe your wet fanny and stop worrying.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Then they should make Dragon Age Multiplayer first, the true sequel to Baldur's Gate. Shattered Steel was a robot game and not even close to the other ones that Bioware makes today. And most of Bioware's game have been singleplayer first and foremost with a added multiplayer section added.

I think EA is forcing them to add it. Destroy our game with mp and make more money. Not realising that some people buy some games for the singleplayer stories like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. And from the looks of it, both series destroyed IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 am

Uncharted 3 says hi.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm just joking!

I don't care for Mass Effect anyway.

I just don't want to see EA ruining a great dev.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

I think EA have learned not to mess with teir devs too much...they ruined Command and Conquer doing that.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Peon
Peon
lightlamp

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:59 am

The multiplayer sounds good so far the more hours i can spend with this game the better. I think a lot of people over reacted when they head about MP in Mass effect 3 frightened that it would make the single player worse but i doubt it.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 pm

I would prefer to have it be SP only, but I trust Bioware to not fuck it up...I hope they don't at least...
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm

BioWare make MMOs for ffs. How can they screw this up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1   BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BioWare been looking to include multiplayer for Mass Effect since ME1
Page 1 of 1