Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film

Go down 
+11
Franko
CleverCatchPhrase
Bluenose
Hydell
Dam_Noir
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
Orc
NoelX2
Stoney
Chobo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Empty
PostSubject: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 pm

The rant section hasn't seen alot of activity. So I'm going to start a series of rant's to try and bring back some life to it. This first rant is an experiment and see if anyone here want's me to do more.

For my first rant I am going to discuss the difference between Family movies and Kids movies and why Kids movies are a disgrace to ever hit the theaters.

Family Films:

These are the kinds of film that are generaly aimed at kids, but teen and Adults can also find something good out of them.

Examples of these kind of Movies:

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Teaser1

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Toy_story_ver1

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film The_Land_Before_Time_poster

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Babe-movie-poster

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 220px-Home_alone

Kids Films:

Kinds of films that will entertain kids, but will annoy the hell out of anyone over the age of 8. It's a movie that you would put on for your kids if just want them to shut up for and Hour and a half.

Examples:

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Smurfs_003

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 61Re9fxo%2BjL._SL500_AA300_

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Alvin_and_the_Chipmunks2007

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Cn6pdkg5u3dvu5dd

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Sharkboy-lavagirl

you might notice that most of the examples I listed at kids films were made within about the last decade or this year.

It's cause Hollywood doesn't care about making good family movies anymore.

They've learned that It doesn't really matter if you make a good film or not aimed at kids, they'll still love the film and want to see it over and over again.

Now all they care about is attracting the kids and getting them and their parents into the theater to get more money.

It seems that the only company that still cares about making Family movies is Pixar. But Cars 2 has me worried about them and their future.

I weep for the future of the next generation of kids raised on this modern crap.

Last edited by chobo500 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Damn so fucking true.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh, the memories, they flooded back once I saw that "Land Before Time" poster, I loved that as a kid.

"Hey, Littlefoot!"

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 2505020059
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 pm

I LOVED THE LAND BEFORE TIME FILMS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 pm

My god! I never even thought of it this way. You're right. "Kids films" back in the day were pretty intelligent to be honest. They could be appreciated on more than one level.
And ahhhh the land before time :'D

Stoney wrote:
Oh, the memories, they flooded back once I saw that "Land Before Time" poster, I loved that as a kid.

"Hey, Littlefoot!"

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 2505020059

:'( that film was actually so dark and depressing. Probably why I'm into so much melancholic stuff these days, as it was one of my favourite films as a kid along with the lion king which is, dun dun duuuun, also depressing.
I loved Petrie Ducky Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I agree chobo. The kids films I see today are absolute shite. Do they even care about the future generations of people? They will be raised on horrible movies and have terrible humor with the lack of personality.

Btw, I loved The Land Before Time. The T-Rex was so boss and they were pretty funny too.

Toy Story is a masterpiece.

Lion King is my favorite animated movie of all time and rightfully so. Everything about it is so perfect. The music is wonderful as well. I want to buy it on Blu-ray soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Take Home Alone off that list. That is a kids movie, by far. I can't see how any adult could laugh at the monotonous, sadistic slapstick humor. Home Alone is a horrible, horrible movie and the sequels kept getting worse and worse until I purposely threw myself in front of the kid's traps just to end my suffering.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:20 pm

TRF wrote:
Take Home Alone off that list. That is a kids movie, by far. I can't see how any adult could laugh at the monotonous, sadistic slapstick humor. Home Alone is a horrible, horrible movie and the sequels kept getting worse and worse until I purposely threw myself in front of the kid's traps just to end my suffering.

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

I think all us guys on G7 should watch The Land Before Time 1 all together.
Someone could stream it on tinychat or something Razz
And we should do the same with A Serbian Film and Brokeback Mountain. One of my friends told me its good and I want to watch it but only if someone else watches it with me or it'll look really gay.

Duke wrote:

Btw, I loved The Land Before Time. The T-Rex was so boss and they were pretty funny too.

Lion King is my favorite animated movie of all time and rightfully so. Everything about it is so perfect. The music is wonderful as well. I want to buy it on Blu-ray soon.

Can I marry you? :megusta:
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 am

TRF wrote:

Are you forgetting this scene!?

Also has anyone else noticed when you watch some of these classic family films now that they are filled with sexual innuendos that completely went over your head as child?

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Lol Dam Noir..i always laugh my fucking ass off when he turns into a skeleton cos of the electric XD
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 pm

LAND BEFORE TIME, HOW I'VE MISSED YOU SO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Lykos wrote:
I think all us guys on G7 should watch The Land Before Time 1 all together.
Someone could stream it on tinychat or something Razz
And we should do the same with A Serbian Film and Brokeback Mountain. One of my friends told me its good and I want to watch it but only if someone else watches it with me or it'll look really gay.

Duke wrote:

Can I marry you? :megusta:

If there's any rough gay wolf sex involved, then no.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 pm

I remember enjoying The Land Before Time, but they went way overboard with the sequels. There are thirteen films. The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film 725796345

The sad part is, I've probably seen at least six of them.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:47 am

Reaper wrote:
Lol Dam Noir..i always laugh my fucking ass off when he turns into a skeleton cos of the electric XD

Skeleton + Afro + Marv's Scream = Priceless
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:33 am

I wouldn't even put that shit on to get my kids to shut it. I would have way to much respect for them as human beings.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 am

The difference between a Family film and a Kids film.

Doesnt matter...TRF will still watch both of the fuckers. Movie wanker
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:37 am

Land Before Time... damn that film was good :sweetjesus:
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Franko wrote:

Only to be ruined by all those musical piece of shit sequels.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Franko wrote:

Only to be ruined by all those musical piece of shit sequels.

yup, all 13 of them.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

How the fuck could they make 13 films of it O_O
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Franko wrote:
How the fuck could they make 13 films of it O_O
I think at a certain point they just remade the older films but used the children of the main characters instead.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 pm

^ agreed. I still love family films because of the references I never understood as a child.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Chobo wrote:

Kinds of films that will entertain kids, but will annoy the hell out of anyone over the age of 8. It's a movie that you would put on for your kids if just want them to shut up for and Hour and a half.

Examples:

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film Smurfs_003

DO NOT TALK SHIT ABOUT THE SMURFS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 pm

lul. Just The Smurfs today. Awful, just awful movie. I'd rather watch paint dry than that POS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film   The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Difference between a Family film and a Kids film
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next