Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Rate The Last Game You've Played

Go down 
+34
Ikreviews
Orion
ArchAngel
Franko
Quitelikeican
Angelus
BioDemon
Stigma
yonny616
Blixtstorm
Mecha
Bluenose
shirik2410
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
Gutzahn
Stoney
TheVolusBioticGod
Shin_Akuma
CernaMLD
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
ghost23
NoelX2
Based Sonji
raspymanic
Mikenuge
The Enkindler
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Orc
Hydell
RamboOnRedBull
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360) 8.5/10
While it's predecessor failed to deliver the classic FF experience this one has definetely succeeded.
The story is centered around the mists of time due to someone messing up with the timeline and causing temporal paradoxes, and the main Characters Serah and Noel must fix the timeline and find out who is causing the paradoxes.
This game unlike FFXIII has towns and it's not linear and you can backtrack if you want, it also has side-quests.
Overally, I really enjoyed this one, if you are a hardcore FF fan you should definetelly give it a try.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 am

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) = 9/10

I must say, though this version does include most of the DLC, I still slightly prefer the Xbox version a bit more.

Also, that interactive comic in the beginning of the game, doesn't really help you that much on picking up the stoy from where the first one left off.

Still, this still remains one of the best RPGs this generation, and you should at least give it a try.

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:02 am

Assassins Creed Revelations: 8.0/10 Good game. The story is one of the best in the series. Getting an end to the Ezio Auditore story was fitting. Finding out what really happened to Altair is the best part of the game, imo. Problem is, it's too much of the same. The only real new things added are the tower defense gameplay and bomb crafting. The game is also slightly shorter than Brotherhood and Assassins Creed 2. Thankfully, the ending does explain what Desmond has to do now to save the world. Even if it ends as a cliff hanger.

EDIT: Forgot about the Multiplayer. The Multiplayer is fun, but doesn't add alot to the whole experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:22 am

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

9/10

I would have gave it 10/10 but Raidan is a whiner, he becomes more likeable near the end, his GF, Rose, is a cunt, everytime I wanted to save she would drag out these mundane conversations ... "Jack, do you know what day it is tomorrow?" EVERY FUCKING TIME I WANTED TO SAVE SHE WOULD ASK THAT!!

And then Raidan would moan ... " I hate the world, LEAVE ME ALONE!" ...

It took me a good while to get used to the awkward controls, to lean out from cover and shoot consists of holding LT, then X, then RB, then LB to move the gun around in first person to get of a head shot. Ugh.

The boss battles are awesome as per usual in a Metal Gear Solid game, although Vamp is a walk in the park, throw grenade at em and shoot when he's on the floor until he "dies".

I'm half way through Snake Eater, and man, I don't want it to end ...... Just playing it again has made me reinforce my opinion in that it's my favourite game of all time. Just defeated The End in what is without a doubt the best boss battle in any game, period.

As for the story, some people call it convoluted (they are handicapped, obviously), I call it deep, The Patriots, The Wisemen committee, their legacy, Major Zero, Ocelot's motives (that one is not explained, it is left up to the player to decipher, I already have a theory) etc etc.

We'll never see another series of games that delves into a deep story like Metal Gear because nowadays everyone wants "Call of Dooty" and just to "blow shit up" because they are brainless cunts.

EDIT:

Another thing, these games have aged unbelievably, the character models, particularly in Snake Eater, wouldn't be amiss in some games released nowadays. Although the lip syncing is off, that can be really bad at time.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 am

Mass Effect 3 Demo - 9/10

Looks great, plays better than the previous games and the hair no longer looks like a plastic hat!

:cheers:

Now on to my one and only worry, the dialogue wheel popped up maybe twice or thrice and it only had two to options for each one, nice Shep and badass Shep, no neutral Shep, I'd say 90% of the game's cutscenes played on their own, with no input in to what Shepard can say, react, etc it's all auto-dialogue after auto dialogue .....

This had me worried, it's as if they have taken control away from the player and just went back to normal cut scenes ala, Gears, Uncharted.

Supposedly the full game isn't like that and according to the leaked script there is tons of choices and options ....
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:14 am

^^

You can also pick an option on how to play your game. Story, Action, or RPG. I think that is pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 am

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD

Best.Game.Ever

If you haven't played it, do yourself a favour and pick up the HD Collection, it's worth the $40/€40 alone.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Assassin's creed: Revelations

I honestly don't know why people keep claiming this to be the worst in the franchise (not counting the first one)

The online has some fucking awesome modes like;

Manhunt
Corruption
Assassinate

The campaign, while I'm still early into it, is definitely worse than ACII, but only by a small margin.

In short, AC: Revelations is my fav. Assassin's Creed game, thus far.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:31 pm

MW3 Multiplayer 5/10

Fucking broken and laggy ass piece of shit. It doesn't deserve to be played as much as it does. It's fun when it works, like half of the time.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 am

Alan Wake's American Nightmare [Trial] = (8.5)

Great game, but it's not nearly as awesome as the original title.

Also, it doesn't have that same sense of atmosphere, which is kinda dissapointing.

Though, I'll buy the full arcade game in a week, and then see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:30 am

SSX (Demo) - 9.5/10

It is amazing. Go get it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Twisted Metal

Not going to make an overall score for this because as much of a raging TM fanboy that I am, even I can see many faults with this game so here are separated categories:

Presentation - 6/10 Here is the biggest flaw of the game. Menus are ugly, a little slow, gotta go through many hoops just to invite friends into an online game and basically just a bunch of questionable GUI designs. The lack of an installation was nice though. Critics can still go fuck themselves though, GT5's interface was always awesome. :fuckthat:

Graphics - 8.5/10 Getting into a game however makes me forget about those faults. Maps are enormous, nearly everything is destructible and interactive, explosions and chaos everywhere, attention to detail is still there and the frame rate is buttery smooth. There is splitscreen support which is kind of a hit or miss. Getting into a big game can really make the frame rate take a nose dive. Overall though, a very nice looking game with some great lighting, amazing use of motion blur and incredibly well designed maps.

Story - 8/10 Probably some of the cheesiest you'll see in a game but I enjoyed them. They are demented as fuck and the style of the cutscenes are very cool. However, I expected a deeper background of the universe and the characters since there are only 3 playable characters this time around. So when it comes to storytelling, Twisted Metal Black wins that hands down.

Sound - 9/10 Oh man I love the sound effects in this game. Cars sound real, explosions are loud, the horrible screams from innocent pedestrians I run over bring a smile to my face and the soundtrack.. oh man... that soundtrack... Amazing variety. Great selection of bands and old school hip hop (Straight outta Compton!). I cannot replicate the same feeling I get by blowing up other cars while listening to Rob Zombie in any other game.

Gameplay - 10/10 Obviously where this game really shines. This is possibly the funnest game I have ever played. This is a video game in its purest form. It's fast paced, realism is thrown out the window, there is no hint of it taking itself seriously, controls are tight and responsive and it is still a very deep experience. Each car has it's own strengths, weaknesses and special abilities. Each map has many secrets which recommend good strategies while playing. Boss fights are huge in scale and absolutely epic. Online play, when working, is the greatest thing.

So overall, I feel that this game delivered big time. It is an amazing return for one of the greatest Playstation franchises. There are many technical issues plaguing the online experience and the interface could really use an overhaul but the actual game itself is an absolute masterpiece. The inclusion of a free downloadable copy of Twisted Metal Black really seals the deal. You get a copy with the best gameplay and another copy with the best story. This is truly an amazing package and something that every fan needs. Newcomers? Well that's up to you. TRF can go fuck himself though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Final Fantasy (iOS) 10.0
This may be my new favorite game. I just love it. It looks beautiful, the battle system is great and still holds up, and there's a nice open world to explore with closed-off areas you can revisit once you get new items or abilities. Oh, and the music is fantastic but that goes without saying.

CernaMLD wrote:
TRF can go fuck himself though. Razz
Hey, the game has to be better than Shit Metal 2.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Final Fantasy (iOS) 10.0
This may be my new favorite game. I just love it. It looks beautiful, the battle system is great and still holds up, and there's a nice open world to explore with closed-off areas you can revisit once you get new items or abilities. Oh, and the music is fantastic but that goes without saying.

CernaMLD wrote:
TRF can go fuck himself though. Razz
Hey, the game has to be better than Shit Metal 2.

Twisted Metal 2 on the PS1 was fun as hell. I remember playing it hours on end many years ago. Your opinion sucks TRF.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Duke wrote:
Twisted Metal 2 on the PS1 was fun as hell. I remember playing it hours on end many years ago. Your opinion sucks TRF.
This coming from you only makes my opinion stronger and more valid.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Snake [Facebook] 11

Snake is pretty kewl gaiz, the character development is 2nd to none.
You start off as one blue block and as you get smarter and stronger you get moar blue blocks.
The story is well thought out, as you have to eat your rivals (the red fucking blocks) each time you defeat one, you grow stronger, I think this is meant to convey that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, a great life lesson, very deep moral of the story, I think.
It also teaches you to eat your enemies no matter how hard it is to get those fuckers, another thing it teaches you is to never get in your own way, or you might crash and lose all your blocks (blocks = personal growth, never get to full of yourself, is the moral)

Overall I think it's an amazing game, one of my personal favorites.

I'll review Pacman next week.

(P.S. FUCK THOSE FUCKING RED BLOCKS THAT ARE RIGHT IN THE CORNER OF THE SCREEN, I HATE YOU FUCKERS)

Last edited by BioDemon on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Daymon, you're only giving it a 9.5? WTF?
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Daymon, you're only giving it a 9.5? WTF?

Oshit, you're right, I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Only an 11?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 am

Fable II = 8.5

Fucking awesome....NUFF Said :fuckyea:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Fable II = 8.5

Fucking awesome....NUFF Said :fuckyea:

Unlike Fable 3 Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 725796345
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Fable III > Fable II

Even though Fable: The Lost Chapters is the best.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Fable III > Fable II

Doesn't stop it from being painfully average...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 pm

I find that the Fable series just get's worse with every iteration.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:09 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Fable III > Fable II

Doesn't stop it from being painfully average...
I liked both of them. My issue was that Fable II had so much unnecessary bullshit like the second morality meter (purity and corruption) and a lot of other stuff that annoyed me. Fable III, unfortunately, did the exact opposite and was a shell of an RPG. Based on the demo of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the Fable series has a lot of catching up to do because that game felt like what the Fable series should have become by the third iteration, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last Game You've Played
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next