Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate The Last Game You've Played

Go down 
+34
Ikreviews
Orion
ArchAngel
Franko
Quitelikeican
Angelus
BioDemon
Stigma
yonny616
Blixtstorm
Mecha
Bluenose
shirik2410
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
Gutzahn
Stoney
TheVolusBioticGod
Shin_Akuma
CernaMLD
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
ghost23
NoelX2
Based Sonji
raspymanic
Mikenuge
The Enkindler
Dam_Noir
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Orc
Hydell
RamboOnRedBull
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

HALO 4 [343i - 2012] is an alright game so far. Its campaign is better than expected, but it's more or less the same. The MP - while is similar - is surprisngly refreshing. It's not that much of an evolution, but it's enough to keep me coming back. And while the graphics are the best, and I mean, THE Best I've seen on my Xbox, the gameplay doesn't do much to freshen things up. Overall, I had hoped for a better game, but it's still pretty solid.

8.5 OUT OF 10

NOTE: I'm only just beginning the campaign, so my opinion could change. I'm also yet to play more than 5 multiplayer matches and yet to try out Spartan Ops.

EDIT:
Scratch what I said. Just played it further. Best Halo so far. :')

NOTE: Don't double post! ~Akainu
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Since I've beaten Borderlands 2 I can give a full review now:

Borderlands 2 (PS3) 4 out of 5

+ Great art style
+ Crazy sense of humor and a likable cast of characters with skilled voice acting
+ Excellent controls
+ Lots and lots of guns
+ Awesome co-op with trading and PvP

- Missions often become repetitive
- Game is often padded out with tons of overwhelming combat
- Occasional glitches
- Textures can take awhile to load, resulting in blurry environments; screen tearing is present as well

Last edited by General Jack on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Borderlands 2= 9/10 (PS3)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 am

Assassin's Creed 3

I'm only have way through the game, sequence six, and already I can safely says it's one of the best game I've played in a LONG time. I don't care much for Metacritic but how this is rated 85 and not 95 is beyond me ... the only complaint I have is that the horses are next to useless and get stuck on EVERY little thing .. =/

From ignoring the main missions altogether, you can go hunting (using bait, snares or good oul fashion stealth), trade items from your homestead to various merchants throughout the game(you can also craft shit and make some big dolla), take out Aquila, your naval ship (one if the best gaming experiences, period, jaw dropping stuff) building your homestead to have more settlers on your land to increase profit etc, free running through the forest, hiding in trees, waiting for templars to walk past, you use your rope dart to either strangle him to death or string him up on a tree, whilst he gasps for air, tis wonderful. Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 2505020059

I haven't even unlocked the Assassin's guild yet, seriously, the amount of stuff you can do in game is so overwhelming, but it's there as a reminder that you can go off on a tangent, from the main story, and still have so much to do!!

I fucking love this game, the amount of content Ubisoft put in this game is admirable, well worth the €50-$60.

Get it!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 am

ARMA 2 + OP Arrowhead: 7/10

Positives +
Great fun to play
Lots of online gamemodes
Endless amount of mods such as DayZ (you could call that a separate game)
Good community

Negatives -
Poor AI
Not optimised
Weak Single player
Clunky controls

Dead Space 2: 8/10 Doesn't quite capture the terror the first game had on me but nevertheless you'll be shitting bricks.

Positives +
Visually Stunning
Upgrading weapons/suits is really satisfying = even more necromorph slaying !
Isaac can now communicate !
Replayability
Diverse game-play (You could be puzzle solving, roaming empty space, repairing stuff and blasting shit)

Negatives -
Slightly weaker story
Forgetful characters
Very linear

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Positive:
Great voice acting
Likable characters with a great sense of humor
Good story
Great graphics and art style
Something unique in a FPS oversaturated gen
Good platforming

Negatives:
Some screen tearing
Takes too many bullet to kill enemy's
Enemy's get repetitive
Clich'e at times

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a must own for any PS3 owner.

Score: 4/5
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 am

Drake's Fortune was really awesome.

I remember being blown away by its graphics when it first released. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Assassins Creed 3 10/10 Amazing game. Had so much fun and logged up tons of hours playing this

Game of the fucking year 2012.

Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am

Halo 4 1000000/10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 am

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Positive:
Great voice acting
Likable characters with great sense of humor
Amazing story
Amazing graphics and art style
Amazing set pieces
Great gameplay
Awesome multiplayer
Great platforming

Negative:
It's pretty difficult navigating the climbing
Clich'e villain and his motives

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the game that finally showed what the PS3 was capable. If you haven't at the very least played the game, then you should be ashamed of your self. A MUST for any gamer.

Score: 5/5

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Until tonight, Assassin's Creed III was my GOTY, but that all changed when I stumbled upon a youtuber called GassyMexican doing a playthrough of The Walking Dead, it's a 5 part, downloadable, episodic game based on the comics and TV series of the same name, it's one of the best games, retail, triple A, you name it, videogames I've ever played, mainly for it's amazing choice system, dialogue, VA and not to forget some of the best written characters in videogames.

The game is all about choices and consequences, everything you say and do matters, there is no black and white, vis a vis, Mass Effect 3, only grey. It'll evoke every emotion you have when you play it, I can't remember a game that almost had me in tears, yeah, I can admit that, the relationship between Lee, the protagonist, and Clem (one of the most adorable and awesome characters you'll likely find in our medium), the young girl you find at the start of episode 1, is so well done, the writing is superb, I actually felt like I was protecting my niece or something, the game does that well of a job of drawing you in.

Fan of the TV series/comics or not (I'm haven't seen one episode) this game simply must be bought if you love great characters, choice/consequences, great dialogue and gripping, HOLY SHIT! moments.

One thing that might dissuade people from buying it is that it works in the same way as Heavy Rain, point and click, BUT, on more than one occasion you get to pop, hack, shoot some zombies.

10/10

GOTY, and potential game of this gen, definitely best DL'able game I've ever had the pleasure to experience.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

FUCK. Hearing some seriously amazing things about that 5 part series. I really need to get it now.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Some part of me really wishes it was just a full game. I'm not a big on parts coming out every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Buy it, trust me.

EDIT: After the success of the game, TellTale Games are releasing a retail version, 4th of December in NA and TBD in Europe.

Source: Nigga, click here.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 pm

I plan on getting The Walking Dead game soon. I just watched episode 1 online and holy fuck, it looks amazing. The ending is really sad I heard.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 am

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Positive:
- Great voice acting.
- Likable characters.
- Great humor.
- Great story.
- Awesome set-pieces.
- Great multi-player.
- Awesome platforming.
- Amazing Graphics and art style.

Negtive:
- Villain boss fight leaves more wanting.
- Campaign and multi-player gameplay feels different.
- Campaign has a deadzone and lags when it comes to shooting.
- Too many deja vu moments.
- Villain isn't anything great.

Score: 4.5/5

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a great game, but when compared to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves it falls short. I just hope this is the last numbered installment, since it ended perfectly for a trilogy feel.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I hope they make a 4th (And final installment) for the next-gen Playstation. They left a lot of threads hanging at the end of UC3, and there are a couple of questions I'd like to have answered as well.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 am

Devil May Cry HD (PS3) 6/10

+
Creepy atmosphere
+ Dante is a badass

- Combat is clunky
- The camera transitions are jarring, making it easy to lose sense of direction
- Repetitive, with more walking than combat
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:03 am

Dead Island [Game of the Year Edition] (PS3) 2 out of 5

+Only $7.99 when I bought it
+Really cool concept
+Decent graphics

-Controls are sluggish
-Stamina system is bullshit
-Barely any zombies
-The DLC is just a generic single-player FPS

I dunno, I found myself frustrated and bored the whole time, even in co-op with a friend.

Last edited by General Jack on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Rage for PS3: 9/10

Positives

- Amazing looking graphics and 60 Frames per second on consoles
- Intriguing world that you can find yourself in
- very fun and satisfying shooter mechanics
- Some really well done Vehicular combat
- So many fun collectibles and Easter eggs to find from Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Fallout, and even a Half Life Reference.
- some pretty fun little mini games including a card game that you play using collectible cards you find in the world
- The new DLC packs in a lot of good content for only $5 US.

Negatives

- Loading times are extremely long and can occasionally break the pacing.
- Check points only occur when you load a new area. so if you die and you didn't manually save somewhere in the middle, you get sent back a long way.
- The ending of the game doesn't really resolve anything and really leaves you saying "That it?"
- Competitive Multi-player revolves only around Vehicular combat. While I do like that they did include it as the multi-player, I would have liked to have some FPS multi-player fun as well.
- Each platform had it's own issues
. The PS3 version requireds and 8 GB manitory install
. the 360 version comes on 3 disks(whether that's bad or good is up to you)
. the PC version had lousy driver support a launch.

But overall, I really enjoy this game. The game is pretty cheap now a days, so I recommend picking it up as well as the scorcher DLC.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:57 pm

DmC: Devil May Cry [demo] (PS3) 8

+
Great combat system with a lot of depth
+ Wonderful graphics and creature design
+ The new Dante is actually kinda likable

- Game can be a tad buggy sometimes

Verdict: This could be the best Devil May Cry game yet. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much fun this is.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [demo] (PS3) 8

+
Gorgeous art direction by Studio Ghibli
+ The main character is not annoying, despite being a young boy in a JRPG (you know how that usually work)
+ Beautiful music
+ Large map (seems like it, at least)
+ Unique battle system

- Camera is sometimes eh
- Battle system, while cool, does take some getting used to

Verdict: Hopefully this doesn't get relegated to bargain bins so soon, because there's a lot of talent behind this charming JRPG.

Lego The Lord of the Ring: The Video Game [demo] (PS3) 6

+
It's freaking Lord of the Rings
+ Nice sense of humor
+ Charming Lego art style
+ A lot going on in the background; Middle Earth looks wonderful
+ Music and voice acting from the films

- Same old, same old with the series
- Combat can be a total clusterfuck

Verdict: It's more of the same, and the team that makes these needs to step their game up a bit more.

Sine Mora [demo] (PS3) 7

+
Accessible gameplay
+ Cool mechanic allows you to slow down time
+ Graphics are solid, with nice backgrounds

- Too easy compared to a lot of other shmups.

Verdict: It's a good way to get people into the genre, but hardcore shmup fans may find it a bit too forgiving.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted [demo] (PS3) 7

+
Smooth controls
+ Beautiful graphics
+ A lot to do

- Nothing new in the way of the genre

Verdict: It doesn't break new ground, but fans of the series will probably enjoy it.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two [demo] (PS3) 5

+
Nice art style
+ Decent voice acting
+ The paint / paint thinner mechanic is pretty cool

- Camera sucks balls
- Puzzles are uninteresting
- Oswald can be really annoying

Verdict: The game plays like your typical movie-licensed game. Not very good.

LittleBigPlanet Karting [demo] (PS3) 6

+
Charming environments
+ Solid racing controls

- The gameplay is bare-bones and derivative
- Power-ups can sometimes slow the race to a snail's pace

Verdict: It's basically just Mario Kart but with the LBP brand stamped on it. That doesn't make it bad, but it doesn't make it terribly compelling either.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:42 am

Call of Duty Black Ops 2-9/10

It had a great story, good multiplayer(& zombies) and overall fun campaign. I liked how you can achieve different endings in the game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [demo] (PS3) 6

+ Mechanics for setting up traps and turrets are cool
+ Same humor we've come to know and love

- Gameplay is nothing new

Verdict: It's the old formula applied to some new-ish mechanics but it's still decent.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) 7

+ Cool set pieces
+ Great controls
+ Nazi Zombies is still decent fun

- Convoluted story
- Weak voice acting
- Some bad set pieces
- Multiplayer is same old, same old
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) 7

- Weak voice acting

How dare you insult the voice talent of Black Ops 2 you little COCKSUCKER.

COCKSUCKER

COCKSUCKER

COCKSUCKER
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Far Cry 3 (PS3) 8

+
Awesome graphics
+ Great voice acting
+ Good story
+ Open world with a ton of stuff to do
+ Hunting

- Occasional bugs
- Co-op campaign is generic

Verdict: I was never in love with the other games, but Far Cry 3 takes the series to a whole new level, offering a compelling single-player and a ton of content.

Mass Effect (PS3) 8

+
Great story
+ Decent voice acting
+ I like the dialogue bits where you can form relationships with your team
+ Varied environments

- Somewhat clunky combat with a piss-poor cover system
- Occasional graphic or sound glitch
- Vehicle missions with the Mako are pretty bad

Verdict: Having played this game again for the first time in years, and having previously not liked it, my opinion did a complete 180 on me. This game is badass.

Also I decided to lower my score of Call of Duty: Black Ops II to a 6 because the campaign becomes incredibly tedious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Last Game You've Played   Rate The Last Game You've Played - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last Game You've Played
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next