Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)

Go down 
+3
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Azazel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) Empty
PostSubject: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Admittedly this is the first time I have had fun with COD in a while.

Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) Call-of-duty-world-at-war-23274594

Developer: Treyarch
Publisher: Activision
Platform(s): Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, PC
Release Date: November 11, 2008
Rating: Mature
Genre: First Person Shooter
Purchase: USA
Purchase: UK

Story
"Everything that was asked of us we have done. Every night we lay in a filthy foxhole, praying the enemy won't slit our throats. Everyday we crawl through the mud and dirt while bullets whistle all around us. But this is the last time we're gonna have to put our lives on the line. This is the enemy's last stand. When we take Shuri Castle, we go home...all of us." -Sgt. Roebuck

The story of World at War is more or less average with some epic moments of action thrown in. While World War 2 has been visited in video games countless times, at least World at War covers battles that don't seem to appear in games that much or even at all, such as the war in the Pacific and the push to Berlin. Like other Call of Duty titles, you often switch perspectives throughout the game. In this case you switch between Private Miller of the US Marines fighting in the Pacific, and Private Petrenko of the Russian army in the push to Berlin.

As far as the story goes it is not that deep and takes a large backseat to the gameplay. I never really got that much of an attachment to the characters. Though the story is noticeably darker then the other COD games.

The dark mood is set early on
Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) Waw1

Gameplay
"No scope? Nice!" -Sgt Resnov

The gameplay in World at War is very similar to Modern Warfare (makes sense with the COD series being what it is), but it does have some unique elements that set it apart from it's more modern cousin. First is that you can actually get behind the controls of a tank, both in the campaign and various multiplayer maps. There is also a fun level where you are in a flying gunship shooting at Japanese ships and planes. The gameplay is fun, with those to unique factors into the mix it is a nice addition to the series, especially if you are like me and wanted a COD game with MW gameplay in WW2.

A good thing is that the online community has moved so much the the people left don't camp or glitch exploit that much, since they most likely moved on. At least I have not meet any on there yet.

The game is not without complaints however. First is the grenade danger indicator, which in my opinion is too subtle and does not warn you fast enough at most times. Other times it won't even go off at all it seems. You also have a lot of moments where you are getting hit but have no idea where it is coming from. There is also the infamous infinitely spawning enemies.

The only real difference with multiplayer is the dogs kill streak and the vehicle perk.

Gameplay of the level Semper Fi

Graphics

In my opinion the graphics are at least better then Call of Duty 4's (they were built on the same engine), which means the engine was probably updated, that is if I remember them correctly. Now I could care less about graphics, but these I would place in the "average" range. I am pretty sure the images above show them clearly enough to see for yourself.

Private Miller at Atoll
Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) Call_of_duty_world_at_war_02

Sound

The sound track is nice with a war-theme to suit the game. Though it is over-shadowed by the gameplay sound effects, such as dialogue, explosions, and gun fire. The sound like I would expect them to so I can't complain.

World at war can be a fun for a time, if you are deciding between this and MW, it is all preference on the time period you like more. However the game is more or less average when you get down to it, nothing special.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice. You try out Nazi Zombies?
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:04 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yeah, that was fun. but that is not enough to make me think of it as anything more then "average".
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yeah, that was fun. but that is not enough to make me think of it as anything more then "average".

I absolutely fell in love with Nazi Zombies. Its the only reason I continued to buy all the map packs and keep the game so long.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

It's a shame nobody plays WaW anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 pm

I loved the MP!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:10 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
I loved the MP!

Same. I logged somewhere around 8 days into it lol
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Villager
Villager
solidstudios

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 pm

people complain about this game's online alot. i really don't see why. it had great multiplayer
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 am

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
It's a shame nobody plays WaW anymore.

I played the multiplayer the weekend I got it and about 15,000+ people playing it, assuming the game's multiplayer menu is correct.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 pm

I loved the dark theme of the game, its about time a game showed the horrors of WW2 instead of making it out to be some sort of John Wayne movie.

The rain, mud, music and the total carnage and merciless aspect of the Pacific campaign was captured perfectly in my opinion. And the genocidal campaign of the eastern front with both sides regarding the other as sub-human animals and a total lack of mercy was also chilling, especially when you see soldiers being executed after surrendering.

I don't think i'll ever forget storming The Reichstag.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 pm

W@W is the best cod in my opinion
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Reaper wrote:
I loved the dark theme of the game, its about time a game showed the horrors of WW2 instead of making it out to be some sort of John Wayne movie.

The rain, mud, music and the total carnage and merciless aspect of the Pacific campaign was captured perfectly in my opinion. And the genocidal campaign of the eastern front with both sides regarding the other as sub-human animals and a total lack of mercy was also chilling, especially when you see soldiers being executed after surrendering.

I don't think i'll ever forget storming The Reichstag.

This. And being able to severe limbs with machine guns and what not really adds to the affect. Idk why the other CoD's don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)   Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezek reviews Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
Page 1 of 1