Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2

Go down 
+17
Che Guevara
Jack the Spectre
ArchAngel
Hydell
Stigma
Ihsahn
Pein
The_Biotic_God
Azazel
Archduke
Stoney
ghost23
NoelX2
Based Sonji
igame
TheJubJub5721
Orc
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Uncharted fanboys remind me of Twilight fangirls. They don't seem to realize how shallow the game actually is, and they're really annoying.

I agree.Freemon is an example of this(hes a huge uncharted fanboy)

I just beat UC2 today and played some of its onlnie and I cant understand the hype around it.I thought it was sopposed to be up to ME2 standards.instead what I got was a good game with exciting movie like parts and likeable character and graphics but everything else wasnt that great.Combat was alright and the weapons sucked(sounded terribly weak).It was a blast playing through thoses parts like being on he train or being chased by a tank through the village but everything between these parts were repetitive and boring.Heck, the controls in the game even werent the greatest.I played the onlnie and its nothing special(KZ 3 has a better online).

So how the heck did this game get GOTY?It was good but not amazing like people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:22 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Uncharted fanboys remind me of Twilight fangirls. They don't seem to realize how shallow the game actually is, and they're really annoying.
But it's not shallow. It's got great dialog, characters, and writing. Sure, the plot might not be original, but it's more of an homage to Indiana Jones than a rip-off or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:47 pm

You Guys are just mad because there are no 360 exclusives that can touch Uncharted 2. Best HD game this gen, hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

You're right. They remind me of Halo fanboys.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:01 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
But it's not shallow. It's got great dialog, characters, and writing. Sure, the plot might not be original, but it's more of an homage to Indiana Jones than a rip-off or anything like that.

Oh don't get me wrong. The story and presentation is fantastic. But the core gameplay itself is nothing special.

@Sonji

Except Halo did something for the FPS genre. And every FPS today is modeled off of it. Plus, the gameplay itself is interesting...unlike Uncharted. Oh wait, I guess that means Halo isn't very shallow.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong. The story and presentation is fantastic. But the core gameplay itself is nothing special.

@Sonji

Except Halo did something for the FPS genre. And every FPS today is modeled off of it. Plus, the gameplay itself is interesting...unlike Uncharted. Oh wait, I guess that means Halo isn't very shallow.

@Quake

Wewf.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:11 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
You Guys are just mad because there are no 360 exclusives that can touch Uncharted 2. Best HD game this gen, hands down.
Yeah . . . no.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Xbox Republic and PS3Nation 2.0.

Was wondering how long it would last, lol.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Stoney wrote:
Xbox Republic and PS3Nation 2.0.

Was wondering how long it would last, lol.

This level fanboyism is only tolerated in the Rant subsection of the forum since it's designed for people to speak their mind. Basically anywhere else would get you a banhammer.

Plus it's good that we have a good number of 360/PS3 users on both sides. It keeps one another in check in terms of sheer stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Uncharted 2 is blatant plagiarism of a novel written in 1933 called Lost Horizon. The plot is incredible similar. You should read it. Funny thing being, there is a video game being made that's based off of Lost Horizon, and it is being hailed as an Uncharted 2 rip off Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 457301478
http://www.spitpod.com/2010/08/could-this-be-an-uncharted-2-rip-off-on-the-horizon/
And then the gameplay is just a copy of Tomb Raider. It has great dialog and some great characters and great graphics yes, but that's it. That's why it's shallow.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Uncharted 2 is blatant plagiarism of a novel written in 1933 called Lost Horizon. The plot is incredible similar. You should read it. Funny thing being, there is a video game being made that's based off of Lost Horizon, and it is being hailed as an Uncharted 2 rip off Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 457301478
http://www.spitpod.com/2010/08/could-this-be-an-uncharted-2-rip-off-on-the-horizon/
And then the gameplay is just a copy of Tomb Raider. It has great dialog and some great characters and great graphics yes, but that's it. That's why it's shallow.
Uncharted 2 is BASED on Lost Horizon. Naughty Dog said themselves that they drew heavy inspiration from Lost Horizon. As for the gameplay, it's most definitely not a copy of Tomb Raider.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Uncharted is awesome. In this day and age where everything is a fucking brown & bloom grimdark modern shooter, Uncharted brought some freshness. Not to mention it looks great and it has very well-executed gameplay.

The dialogue is pretty awful, though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Yeah, Uncharted is awesome. Blackstigma is just jelly. That is why he left. :fuckyea:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Uncharted is great.....FOR ME TO POOP ON. :lolguy:

Nah serious uncharted 3 is gonna be beast but isn't that kinda off-topic in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Uncharted is great.....FOR ME TO POOP ON. :lolguy:

Nah serious uncharted 3 is gonna be beast but isn't that kinda off-topic in this thread?

YUP.

It doesn't matter, cuz Dragon Age 2 failed. Game was dogshit. Skyrim is going own it so badly

Pein is mad.
Back to top Go down
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Not too bothered about skyrim to be brutally honest. Oblivion was okay but was broken as fuck. Even if it wasn't it was still just average/good. Nothing special. I'm much more hyped about mass effect really.
But dragon age can suck a dick for all I care
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Che Guevara wrote:
Not too bothered about skyrim to be brutally honest. Oblivion was okay but was broken as fuck. Even if it wasn't it was still just average/good. Nothing special. I'm much more hyped about mass effect really.

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 725796345 same.

Oblivion is amazing dude. You should give it another chance. Skyrim is going to win GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Che Guevara wrote:

Oblivion is amazing dude. You should give it another chance. Skyrim is going to win GOTY.

Maybe I should complete it..I got a bit bored because of the stupid dungeons were all the same.
But yeah Ill give it another go when I get it back from my buddy
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Che Guevara wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Che Guevara wrote:

Maybe I should complete it..I got a bit bored because of the stupid dungeons were all the same.
But yeah Ill give it another go when I get it back from my buddy

It has huge explorations and a giant nonlinear world.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Pein will kill u all
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Hmmm and I don't uderstand the hypetrain that's FAR much bigger for Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Tron Cat
Villager
Villager
Tron Cat

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Lykos wrote:

-Dragon Age is too linear

Hah, and you think Skyrim won't be?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Tron Cat wrote:
Lykos wrote:

-Dragon Age is too linear

Hah, and you think Skyrim won't be?
Um . . . no it won't be. TES has never been linear.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Free roam =/= linear. It's not like linear is a bad thing because, you know, nearly every game ever made is linear.
Back to top Go down
Tron Cat
Villager
Villager
Tron Cat

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

TRF wrote:
TES has never been linear.

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 1269828294446

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next