Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2

Go down 
+17
Che Guevara
Jack the Spectre
ArchAngel
Hydell
Stigma
Ihsahn
Pein
The_Biotic_God
Azazel
Archduke
Stoney
ghost23
NoelX2
Based Sonji
igame
TheJubJub5721
Orc
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Why?
Because it's fooking Bethesda.
Oblivion slaughtered Dragon Age.
Skyrim will follow suit.
Why?

-Dragon Age is too linear
-Dragon Age has combat best suited for pc games
-Dragon Age has only one style of gameplay really

Simple as.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 3128676713

too bad ME3 will kill em both Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:06 pm

How is Dragon Age too linear? i remember being able to go where i wanted, and do missions in whatever order i wanted, sure it wasn't open world but it was definitely not "too linear".

And seriously, your always complaining about linear games lol why??? :x
It just annoys me when someone talks about a game being too linear Razz
Whats wrong with linear games?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:59 am

^^

This. There is nothing wrong with linear titles. Some of the greatest games of all time are linear.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Will ya'll just shut up? Its annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 pm

igame wrote:
How is Dragon Age too linear? i remember being able to go where i wanted, and do missions in whatever order i wanted, sure it wasn't open world but it was definitely not "too linear".

I remember wanting to enter a building and couldn't.
I remember I wanted to explore an entire city but was restricted to one or two fairly small areas.
I remember wanting to go back to a place but couldn't.
I remember after completing the game I couldn't leave the campsite without downloading dlc.

Neutral I think that's called linear.
Also it all feels so confined and restrictive. In one area you can't even walk over a puddle. You actually have to walk around it.
Seriously! A PUDDLE!!!!!!!

I got nothing wrong with linear games as one of my new favourite titles is Crash Of The Titans. And one of my all time favourite games is Yoshi's Island.
But I just think that in this day and age, an rpg like that should be completely open ended. There are no reasons why it shouldn't be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Dragon Age thoroughly but since completion, apart from to create a new character, I've not touched it. I have no reason to go back to it. Oblivion, on the other hand, which I completed well before Dragon Age, I'm always playing.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:52 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

Dude, he created a new thread in a section called "Rants". If you hate it so much, don't look and don't post in the damn thread, easy as that.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

I remember I wanted to explore an entire city but was restricted to one or two fairly small areas.
I remember after completing the game I couldn't leave the campsite without downloading dlc.

Also it all feels so confined and restrictive. In one area you can't even walk over a puddle. You actually have to walk around it.

I got nothing wrong with linear games as one of my new favourite titles is Crash Of The Titans. And one of my all time favourite games is Yoshi's Island.
But I just think that in this day and age, an rpg like that should be completely open ended. There are no reasons why it shouldn't be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Dragon Age thoroughly but since completion, apart from to create a new character, I've not touched it. I have no reason to go back to it. Oblivion, on the other hand, which I completed well before Dragon Age, I'm always playing.

I have never seen a game where you can enter every single building you see
You need to add restrictions to a game, other wise the story won't go as its suppose to go
You can't go back to places once you decide who the new king will be, why? cuz your suppose to go to war right after that
What could you do after you beat the game? you won't see any more enemies, are you gonna walk around looking for weapons your not gonna use? but you do have a point

When i think of a linear game i think of games like Uncharted and GOW, cuz you don't really have options to choose from, theres no map to choose where u want to go, theres no karma, no decision making, etc.
Thus why i don't consider DAO "too linear" as you say, there are times when it is linear, but thats just so the story will follow as its suppose to. Some games just wouldn't work as an open wold game, maybe DAO is good as it is.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 am

@ igame, In Oblivion you can enter any building.

I've never played DAO, so I'm not going to weigh in on the arguement, but I'm sure it's good, it's developed by Bioware.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Stoney wrote:
@ igame, In Oblivion you can enter any building.

I've never played DAO, so I'm not going to weigh in on the arguement, but I'm sure it's good, it's developed by Bioware.

Really? i just assumed it would be like fallout 3, does that mean theres not that many building? or is the game so damn detailed and full of content that it would rape my mind if i were to play it?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm

ghost23 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Dude, he created a new thread in a section called "Rants". If you hate it so much, don't look and don't post in the damn thread, easy as that.
But it seems like its not a rant but something that has been dicussed long ago. Hmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

But it seems like its not a rant but something that has been dicussed long ago. Hmmmmmmm

Like I said, just don't look and don't post.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

ghost23 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Like I said, just don't look and don't post.
Whatever... eye roll
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am

igame wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

I have never seen a game where you can enter every single building you see - You've clearly not played Oblivion.
You need to add restrictions to a game, other wise the story won't go as its suppose to go -You've clearly not played Oblivion
You can't go back to places once you decide who the new king will be, why? cuz your suppose to go to war right after that
What could you do after you beat the game? you won't see any more enemies, are you gonna walk around looking for weapons your not gonna use? Fair enough but what if I wanted to complete side quests? And that's also a fail, because Dragon Age feels like half a game. It ends on a cliff hanger so you must buy the second game to find out the ending. Typical... but you do have a point

When i think of a linear game i think of games like Uncharted and GOW, cuz you don't really have options to choose from, theres no map to choose where u want to go, theres no karma, no decision making, etc.
Thus why i don't consider DAO "too linear" as you say, there are times when it is linear, but thats just so the story will follow as its suppose to. Some games just wouldn't work as an open wold game, maybe DAO is good as it is.

No DAO is much less linear than other games but the fact is, it's biggest drawbacks are the ways it doesn't offer the things that Oblivion boasted. :/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am

I hope Skyrim flops. I hate the TES series and everyhing about it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I hope Skyrim flops. I hate the TES series and everyhing about it. Twisted Evil

Go away, Ezio.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:
Lykos wrote:
igame wrote:

I have never seen a game where you can enter every single building you see - You've clearly not played Oblivion.
You need to add restrictions to a game, other wise the story won't go as its suppose to go -You've clearly not played Oblivion
What could you do after you beat the game? you won't see any more enemies, are you gonna walk around looking for weapons your not gonna use? Fair enough but what if I wanted to complete side quests? And that's also a fail, because Dragon Age feels like half a game. It ends on a cliff hanger so you must buy the second game to find out the ending. Typical... but you do have a point

No DAO is much less linear than other games but the fact is, it's biggest drawbacks are the ways it doesn't offer the things that Oblivion boasted. :/

Well maybe if you didn't compare it to Oblivion so much it wouldn't look so bad lol
From what you have said it is obvious that Oblivion has a lot more to offer than DAO
Oblivion is just simply a better game, which is what you had initially said, so we all agree now Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 2505020059 yay! lol
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:28 am

I totally saw this thread coming...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am

igame wrote:

Well maybe if you didn't compare it to Oblivion so much it wouldn't look so bad lol
From what you have said it is obvious that Oblivion has a lot more to offer than DAO
Oblivion is just simply a better game, which is what you had initially said, so we all agree now Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 2505020059 yay! lol

Exactly that's my original point XD
hehe, I mean I loved Dragon Age, really I did. But it's really not as good as Oblivion.
so yeah!! Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 2505020059 Happy times.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
I totally saw this thread coming...

It was only a matter of time...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Linear games aren't bad.

With that sad. If I'm playing an RPG it damn well better be anything but linear.

FFXIII was the first game I've returned in years. I hope it's the last.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:36 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Linear games aren't bad.

With that sad. If I'm playing an RPG it damn well better be anything but linear.

FFXIII was the first game I've returned in years. I hope it's the last.

I buy a lot of cheap games, some are cheap for a reason... So Ive returned quite a few xD
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 3128676713

too bad ME3 will kill em both Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 2505020059

i agree with juby on this one..ME3 will destroy and humiliate both games but i won't bother arguing with DW..
i already argued but looks like he can't get it
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Pein wrote:

i already argued but looks like he can't get it

^
made me lol.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Skryim is gonna suck like every other Bethesda game, barring Morrowind (which still wasn't that great).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2   Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim will be better than Dragon Age 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next