Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3

Go down 
+14
Franko
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
ghost23
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
Pizzy3C
TheJubJub5721
Stigma
CernaMLD
JosefK
Archduke
yonny616
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am

Well deserved, Killzone 3 was a right out appeasing to the CoD crowd. They changed a lot in the game compared to Killzone 2. I hope they learn from this or just reboot the series and put it in another devs hands.
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2011/07/04/killzone-3-is-poorest-selling-title-in-franchise-history-on-ps3/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:08 am

I liked killzone 3.... ._. It was average.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I liked killzone 3.... ._. It was average.

same. Thank god for Halo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
JosefK
Villager
Villager
JosefK

Stature : 3
London, England

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I thought Killzone 3 was the best in the series, I still play the multiplayer to this day. Still, nice to see a new IP in the pipeline, good luck to Guerrilla, there great developers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah maybe a different genre. Guerilla can make godly graphics on the consoles which could look even better in third person.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

I found Killzone 2 much more enjoyable tbh.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
I found Killzone 2 much more enjoyable tbh.

You don't need the "tbh" part Killzone 2 was vastly superior.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:30 pm

I only played like 1 match of the beta but it was fun. I absolutely loved Killzone 2.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

I loved the beta, but I knew it would just be a world of frustration having to rely on my teammates to get a win... I'm a 4v4 guy, where 1 player can take over a game...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:44 pm

The game is just not balanced. Everyone is either an infiltrator or a marksman (sniper).
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Thats surprising. After all the ads with KB, I thought the game would sell at least 3 million or more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:43 am

That's disappointing, if Sony hadn't forced Move down Guerrilla's throats, who knows what this game could have been. I would bet that Move took a lot of development time and it's a shame because no one uses it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 am

ghost23 wrote:
That's disappointing, if Sony hadn't forced Move down Guerrilla's throats, who knows what this game could have been. I would bet that Move took a lot of development time and it's a shame because no one uses it.

Blaming Move for a poor game, especially this game, is as stupid as saying FFXIII sucked because it went multiplatform.

Anyway, Guerilla already said that they're working on a new IP.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Blaming Move for a poor game, especially this game, is as stupid as saying FFXIII sucked because it went multiplatform.

He's right though. The same thing happened with Gran Turismo. If GG/PD hadn't been working on stuff like Move and 3D, they would be able to put more into the core experience rather than wasting their time with useless little add-ons.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:10 pm

TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

He's right though. The same thing happened with Gran Turismo. If GG/PD hadn't been working on stuff like Move and 3D, they would be able to put more into the core experience rather than wasting their time with useless little add-ons.

URITE. 5 years of development time was slowed down by Move and 3D so much that PD couldn't polish their game.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Sonji wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

URITE. 5 years of development time was slowed down by Move and 3D so much that PD couldn't polish their game.
Gran Turismo 5 needed all the polish it could get. Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I played some of the 2nd game, it's okay, maybe even pass for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I hate double standards. I could have sworn a lot of upcoming Xbox games were getting shit for having Kinect support.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Alanski wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I hate double standards. I could have sworn a lot of upcoming Xbox games were getting shit for having Kinect support.

From me? I just hate the ones that are full on Kinect.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 pm

KZ2 > KZ3

KZ3 Campaign was too short while leaving out 6 months which could of been used
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Move takes up a lot of development time that could have gone into the core experience. Look at Quantic Dream for example, it took them over 6 months to port Heavy Rain over to Move and the extra time meant they had to cancel their DLC plans. If the DLC had been released, i would assume that it would have tied up a lot of the plotholes in the original game and made the story all that better. But no, Sony has to force this shit.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Move takes up a lot of development time that could have gone into the core experience. Look at Quantic Dream for example, it took them over 6 months to port Heavy Rain over to Move and the extra time meant they had to cancel their DLC plans. If the DLC had been released, i would assume that it would have tied up a lot of the plotholes in the original game and made the story all that better. But no, Sony has to force this shit.
So does Microsoft, Just look at Rare. If they would've announced a new Killer Instinct for the 360 at E3 I would've forgotten about PSvita and would tried getting a 360 instead, but NOOO instead Rare is stuck making shitty Kinect games for the casuals.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

So does Microsoft, Just look at Rare. If they would've announced a new Killer Instinct for the 360 at E3 I would've forgotten about PSvita and would tried getting a 360 instead, but NOOO instead Rare is stuck making shitty Kinect games for the casuals.

I never mentioned anything about Microsoft, but yes, you are correct. The only difference is that Rare's Kinect games are commercially successful whereas no one really cares about Move support for Killzone 3 or Heavy Rain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 am

yonny616 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

agreed but wtf has microsoft suddenly to do with it?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 am

I love how people are COMPLETELY off-topic at this point eye roll

Last edited by RamboOnRedbull on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3   Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 is Poorest Selling Title in Franchise History On PS3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next