Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Vita is selling less than the PSP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Vita is selling less than the PSP Empty
PostSubject: Vita is selling less than the PSP   Vita is selling less than the PSP I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:43 pm

http://kotaku.com/5878088/ps-vita-now-selling-less-than-psp-in-japan-says-report

Quote :
The PlayStation Vita debuted to strong sales in mid-December. New devices usually do, and a falloff after that is likewise to be expected. But for the week ending Jan. 15—a month after its Japan release—the PS Vita had fallen to 18,361 units sold.

Not only is that far less than the 325,000 sold in its opening week, it's even less than the PSP is selling, according to the numbers published by Media Create. The PSP moved 22,538 units in the same week ending last Friday. The numbers do not include online sales figures.

Andriasang notes that Vita's slide looks like this, week to week: 324,859, to 72,479, to 42,648 to 42,915 and then to 18,361. It's way too early to call that a flop, certainly not with its North American and European debuts coming, but it could be that the PS Vita is running into some of the problems behind the 3DS' underwhelming release, or people are reluctant to adopt early because of what happened there.

I expect a price drop not too long after the initial NA/Europe launch.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Vita is selling less than the PSP R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Vita is selling less than the PSP   Vita is selling less than the PSP I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Hopefully it sells better with the help of Call of Duty and Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Vita is selling less than the PSP   Vita is selling less than the PSP I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Expect the raid of N-Dub nation fanboys video when the price drop happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita is selling less than the PSP   Vita is selling less than the PSP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita is selling less than the PSP
Page 1 of 1