Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! Empty
PostSubject: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! Barco-Escape-550x275

Quote :
The technology, called Barco Escape, will be on display at Folsom's Palladio 16 Cinemas beginning Friday. Guests can watch "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" in a theater that offers a "three-screen movie experience."

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2015/09/17/panoramic-movie-experience-coming-to-folsom.html

Quote :
TVs are getting bigger, their resolutions higher, and overall, home theater systems are giving people a reason to stay home. So to reel people back in to the box office, Hollywood is taking a cue from the 1960s by installing even bigger screens in theaters.

The Hollywood Reporter says Belgian projector manufacturer has made a new panoramic movie theater setup called Escape. It's a 270-degree experience that features one main screen in the middle and two supplementary screens on either side, creating one giant, immersive, wraparound picture.

There's a German company called Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits that's developing a 360-degree camera system—they filmed the World Cup, the footage from which will be shown in planned 360-degree theater in Munich's FIFA World Football Museum.

http://gizmodo.com/massive-panoramic-screens-are-the-movie-revolution-3d-n-1630039052
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:59 pm

I'm kinda afraid with all these new technology that movie theaters will start being more expensive in the future.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'm kinda afraid with all these new technology that movie theaters will start being more expensive in the future.

Well, if it makes you any more excited:

Quote :
The cost of the ticket will be the same price as a regular ticket.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/09/16/cinemark-testing-one-of-five-panoramic-screens-at.html

I'm VERY intrigued by it, but would like to first try it out to be absolutely sure.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Whatever helps keep movie theaters alive, I support it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 11:21 pm

WTF!? All this new theater stuff! SO MUCH NEW THEATER STUFF!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm

BARCO ESCAPE To Fill Movie Theaters with "Event programming" during Periods with no "Big" movies!

Quote :
Barco Escape is working hand in hand with today’s top studios and filmmakers to create projects that offer audiences an unmatched immersive viewing experience - only available in theaters. We’re also developing exciting alternative content and event programming opportunities to fill theaters during off-peak.

Barco recently announced a five year, multi-title per year agreement with 20th Century Fox to release films in Barco Escape. Barco is also working with top Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer on upcoming projects, along with several leading film production companies that will produce for the format.

The idea is to increase movie theater attendance during periods where people usually don't have much to see. You can imagine watching something like the World Cup Live in Escape's new "Multi-Screen, 3 dimensional experience", or seeing the LIVE Oscar show in ESCAPE Movie theaters with an audience and a real crowd.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Watching the Oscars would be so much fun with a group of people. Hell, me and Yonny were watching the Oscars together this year, and we were making superhero jokes. xD
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 am

Mecha wrote:
Watching the Oscars would be so much fun with a group of people. Hell, me and Yonny were watching the Oscars together this year, and we were making superhero jokes. xD

I always fall asleep during the red carpet. :=/

Also:

Quote :
Jerry Bruckheimer Films is teaming up with Barco, maker of digital-cinema technology, to develop content for the Cinerama-like Barco Escape theatrical system.

That includes producing one upcoming movie, as well reenvisioning one of his classics in the panoramic format. As part of the agreement, Jerry Bruckheimer has also joined the Barco Escape advisory board.

Barco Escape is a theatrical system that uses screens on the front and side walls of a theater to create a more immersive experience.

It launched in five U.S. theaters and two Belgium-based theaters last September, when Fox created an experimental 10-minute clip of The Maze Runner in the Barco Escape format.

“Barco Escape is a bold step forward in storytelling and the future of the cinema experience, allowing us to expand the creative vision of our films,” Bruckheimer said in a statement.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 am

When was the last time Jerry Bruckheimer made a good movie?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 am

Mecha wrote:
When was the last time Jerry Bruckheimer made a good movie?

He mostly produces TV-shows; he doesn't make movies. 

That said, I can't wait to see what someone like Nolan would do with Barco Escape. It would be even more epic than ever before.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:50 am

QT is going to hate it, lol!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:53 am

Mecha wrote:
QT is going to hate it, lol!

Escape? I guess... I don't see why he would "hate" it, but I guess it doesn't fit his type of films.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:58 am

@RamboOnRedBull I was talking about Quentin Tarantino. He seems to dislike every new technology that comes by, lol! I mean, I agree with him about film being better, but come on. VHS over Netflix? :/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I was talking about Quentin Tarantino. He seems to dislike every new technology that comes by, lol! I mean, I agree with him about film being better, but come on. VHS over Netflix? :/

He doesn't like any streaming service - at all. He prefers to have something physical rather than having a collection of movies that is small and pretty barebones compared to what you can buy. His preference with VHS is probably more nostalgia, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 12:28 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, but Netflix is the most popular streaming service there is, so you know what I mean. I mean, you can still buy physical copies of movies and still use a streaming service. Then again, when you're QT, you pretty much watched almost every film and buy as many movies as you want.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! 1442601629-barco4

Quote :
He also says that while current Barco Escape theaters use this three-screen system there is a future in which movies will instead be displayed on a single, curved display without any breaks in the image.

"This is retrofitting normal movie theaters to sort of turn them into theme park cinema environments," he said.

The issue, it turns out, is that you can't get a movie studio or director to put in any extra work for a viewing experience that only a handful of people will ever get to see. So in order to get the Barco Escape to more theaters in a reasonable time frame the solution is to build onto existing technology, rather than develop screens exclusively for new locations. 
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Quote :
“There’s no rules yet,” he said. “We don’t even know what we’re not supposed to be doing, much less what we should be doing.”

Barco is bullish on the technology, obviously, but so are some Hollywood players, with Fox inking a five-year deal to release multiple titles in Escape. The studio has installed an Escape theater on its lot as a kind of laboratory and plans to announce its first project in the format by the end of the year. 

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! Barcoescapedevinsupertramp*750xx5783-3261-0-677

Quote :
the Escape screenings cost the same as regular showings.
Eventually Schilowitz would like to see Barco Escape in thousands of theaters.
“We envision that we’ll go from under a hundred to over a hundred in the next iteration sometime next year,” he said. “Then as directors start to build more content for it, this just becomes a mainstream exhibition format just like XD and Imax and all the other premium formats.”
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Looks so awesome!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
Looks so awesome!

The great thing about it is that the price is the same, but you can never get the same experience from any film showing in Escape--at home. It's literally a theater-proof experience (so far.)

I'd love to see someone like Nolan use it.  DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:42 pm

So much for cinema being dead. Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
So much for cinema being dead. Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! 2505020059

Since when was cinema dead? Cinema attendance only began dropping in 2007 and is on-track to be a bigger year for both attendance and profit this year compared to the past few. 

And, honestly, if anyone believes cinema is "dead", I can only shake my head and recommend a couple of books about cinema to see what cinema has survived *Cough Half of all movie theaters shutting down Cough* 

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:07 pm

*COUGHYONNYCOUGH*
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
*COUGHYONNYCOUGH*

He said "Cinema IS dead"?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 pm

South Korea's Biggest Cinema Chain to Intorduce SCREENX in the US in 2016: 270-degree viewing experience that covers the entire auditorium!

Examples:

and 

This looks even better than Barco's Escape 0.o
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! Commen10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!   Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Theaters Evolving with Panoramic Screens!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next