Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR Empty
PostSubject: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR Oculus-theater-select-100448141-orig

Quote :
Oculus Cinema is a first-party VR application that recreates the experience of having your own personal cinema or leather chair adorned home theater. And while it’s great to feel like you’re sitting in front of a massive screen, what fun is it alone? Oculus understands that movie-going is not a solo activity and says that they’re building online multiplayer and social features into the app.

"That’s definitely the point of Oculus Cinema. It’s not that you want to replicate the experience of being in a movie theater alone, you want to replicate the experience of being in a movie theater or home theater with all of your friends,” Luckey said.

"So we already have a lot of internal social functions in Cinema that are going to be rolling out in the next few months. Things like avatar systems, being able to communicate with people over long distances [I.E: Watching the same movie at the same time from across the world in the same theater]… rather than just local multiplayer, but having actual long distant multiplayer as well.”

http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-cinema-getting-online-multiplayer-and-new-social-features-coming-to-the-consumer-rift/

Could be pretty cool, to be honest. I'd be delighted to wach classics (Or even films in the VR Theater that I haven't seen in a theater before.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Wow! That's so fucking cool! O.o
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
Wow! That's so fucking cool! O.o

IKR? Imagine watching the original Star Wars trilogy in movie theaters with everyone on G7. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:40 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Oh my. This is making me want to look up VR now.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Oh my. This is making me want to look up VR now.

Here's the still-in-progress concept version in shitty quality:

Skip to 1:05

BTW, it's been confirmed that the consumer version allows anyone to watch any film in IMAX, 3D, or 2D. For FREE!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:02 pm

DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Quote :
We’ll also be pairing this with the ability to resize the screen to any arbitrarily size, which I think people will be excited about [Rezise the Movie Theater screen to as big as you want (More than real-life) or as small as you want (like your Iphone screen)

You can get that huge-screen experience without the neck pain. 

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR Maxcohen

http://heavy.com/tech/2015/06/exclusive-interview-with-oculus-on-the-future-of-the-samsung-gear-vr/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Change size you say. Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR   Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go to Movie Theaters with people from across the world in VR
Page 1 of 1