Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year Empty
PostSubject: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year Reborn_Brooklyn_Theater_-0b557

Quote :
The splashy start has pushed shareholders to invest in some of the country’s biggest theater chains: This year, AMC Entertainment‘s stock is up 24 percent, Carmike Cinemas is up 18 percent, Cinemark is up 17 percent and Regal Entertainment Group is up 11 percent.

“Theaters right now and into the future are a more robust proposition than ever,” said Paul Dergarabedian, a senior media analyst at entertainment researcher Rentrak. “We have tons of competing platforms, delivery systems, content . . .and yet, ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ broke records. ‘American Sniper’ broke records. People have been ringing the death knell for theaters since TV, and it’s just not happening.”

Two mega-hits began the year by racking up ticket sales typically seen only by summer blockbusters. “Fifty Shades of Grey” made $94 million over the four-day Presidents’ Day weekend, and “American Sniper” has gone on to top $300 million nationwide.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/02/23/forget-netflix-movie-theaters-are-on-track-to-have-their-best-year-yet/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:54 pm

So much for movie theaters dying.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 5:20 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-07-08/reclining-seats-dine-in-menus-boost-movie-ticket-sales-for-amc

Quote :
To fill more seats, AMC Entertainment (AMC) is taking a bunch of them out. TheWall Street Journal reports that the movie theater chain is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to install fully reclining La-Z-Boy-style loungers in more than a third of its auditoriums. That will mean fewer chairs, but AMC is betting it will also translate into higher ticket sales.

The company has already had success with the idea: Attendance at its 37 previously “reseated” theaters has increased 80 percent, indicating that people can be lured away from their couches and video streaming services with the promise of a big screen and comfy chairs. Similarly, box office revenue was up more than 60 percent at those theaters, AMC Chief Executive Officer Gerry Lopez 
told the Journal. That’s uplifting news for the U.S. film industry, which has seen domestic ticket sales remain little changed over the past 10 years, according to the Motion Picture Association of America.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year 58e75910
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 am

IMAX expanding to record highs in Movie Theaters this year!

Quote :
This week also saw the release of IMAX second quarter 2015 revenue, leading to a stunning half-a-billion in global box office in the first half of 2015, driven by a second quarter 35% increase over the same period in 2014. 

Box-Office is up by 7.7% compared to the previous year!

Quote :
Box office is up 7.7% so far in 2015, buoyed by a string of big blockbusters and over-achievers —Jurassic WorldFurious 7Avengers: Age of UltronInside OutMinionsFifty Shades of GreyCinderellaSan Andreas, and Kingsman: The Secret Service being the notably heaviest hitters. 

More and more movie theaters are built despite last year's week attendance!

Quote :
In the U.S., we had an increase of more than 600 screens last year, despite the overall false perception you might have that theaters are on the decline.

International movie attendance is increasing!

Quote :
International audiences [are] hungry for more movies and greater access to theatrical experiences, and with premium theaters offering better comfort and enhanced viewing beyond what home theaters can offer, the outlook for cinema and theaters is quite healthy.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am

Star Wars baby!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:19 am

Mecha wrote:
Star Wars baby!

Considering that Star Wars comes out at the last half of December, it'll probably help the theater business more next year than this year.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:22 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Star Wars baby!

Considering that Star Wars comes out at the last half of December, it'll probably help the theater business more next year than this year.

Yeah, we're going to need more seats for films like Star Wars coming out. Opening weekend is going to be crazy. I don't know if I'll make it? O.o
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:32 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Star Wars baby!

Yeah, we're going to need more seats for films like Star Wars coming out. Opening weekend is going to be crazy. I don't know if I'll make it? O.o

I hope I'll see it on premiere day, but it kind of depends on whether all tickets are sold out by then over here. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if that became the case, lol.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:44 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Star Wars baby!

I work at an AMC and we've been told we're going to be open 24hrs. I know I won't make it. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Theaters on track to have their best year   Movie Theaters on track to have their best year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Theaters on track to have their best year
Page 1 of 1