Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:06 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Everyone thinks The Mandarin is made up. That's the point. He is seen as a mythology being. But the reality is, he does indeed exist in the MCU. And if you pay close attention to Ant-Man, you will know that the real Mandarin is still up to no good. As for Killian creating The Mandarin, he probably heard of The Mandarin myth somewhere in China due to his obsession with Chinese culture (thus the dragon tattoos), and decided to create his own interpretation of The Mandarin that the world saw on television. You can say it's "retcon" all you want, but you still fail to make a good argument about it. It being "retcon" is something YOU choose to believe. I on the other hand have no reason to believe that Marvel didn't plan this from the very beginning.

Also yeah right. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang underperformed at the box-office. Lethal Weapon, maybe, but even at that he didn't direct that movie. So I fail to see how exactly he's a bigger name than someone like Kenneth Branagh? Because not only is Kenneth Branagh an Oscar worthy filmmaker, but he also appeared and made more well-known movies than Shane Black. So if anything, more people have seen Kenneth Branagh movies than they have with Shane Black.
Yeah, until Feige was all like: "We'll just retcon it later". It's all in your fucking face, but you still can't see it's an obvious retcon. Whether they thought of it mid-production or after, it's a fucking retcon because in the film it specifically states Mandarin was CREATED by Killian's think tank. Oh he's referenced in Ant-Man, who cares? No one honestly, well except for the 12 Mandarin fans.

And Kiss Kiss Bang Bang made as much as a typical Kenneth Branagh film would before Thor and still has more notoriety in the mainstream audience. Roles no one's honestly ever heard of, well except for maybe Valkyrie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 pm

@yonny616 So just because some alcoholic drug-head loser like Trevor Slattery said
Killian created The Mandarin, you're actually going to use that against me as factual evidence that it was retcon? Nope. Sorry. Not going to work. Of course the film states that The Mandarin was created. That's the point. Because no one is aware of the real Mandarin's existence. So once again, it being "retcon" is something you believe in and trying to shove it down people's throats without any proof what's so ever.

Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has more notoriety in the mainstream audience? And you're basing this on what exactly? Obviously not box-office numbers, so I'm assuming you're going by star power. Welp, I'm sorry to break it to you, but Robert Downey, Jr. was no mega-star before Iron Man. Now let me bring up one of Kenneth Branagh's films, like Much Ado About Nothing for example. That film made more money and has bigger star power than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. So once again, you're basing the fact that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is more mainstream on what exactly? Oh that's right, nothing. You're just pulling shit out your ass because you can't accept being wrong. Nice try though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 So just because some alcoholic drug-head loser like Trevor Slattery said
Killian created The Mandarin, you're actually going to use that against me as factual evidence that it was retcon? Nope. Sorry. Not going to work. Of course the film states that The Mandarin was created. That's the point. Because no one is aware of the real Mandarin's existence. So once again, it being "retcon" is something you believe in and trying to shove it down people's throats without any proof what's so ever.

Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has more notoriety in the mainstream audience? And you're basing this on what exactly? Obviously not box-office numbers, so I'm assuming you're going by star power. Welp, I'm sorry to break it to you, but Robert Downey, Jr. was no mega-star before Iron Man. Now let me bring up one of Kenneth Branagh's films, like Much Ado About Nothing for example. That film made more money and has bigger star power than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. So once again, you're basing the fact that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is more mainstream on what exactly? Oh that's right, nothing. You're just pulling shit out your ass because you can't accept being wrong. Nice try though.
And Killain too said he was The Mandarin since he essentially thought of him. The Mandarin was created, no one is aware of his existence, then he WAS created by Killian and they decided to create a one shot half way that retconned it. Sorry, but your pathetic points become even more pathetic as you try to convince yourself it was the plan all along. Yes, 5 or so million more.  OOOOH so much more. God, you just ooze pretentious-ness. Go the fuck to IMDb with that fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
You're just pulling shit out your ass because you can't accept being wrong. Nice try though.

Funny, 'cause you're doing that yourself. 

Nice try, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

@yonny616 No one is aware of the real Mandarin's existence because he is seen as a supernatural being that only exist through myth in China. Duh! The one-shot in no way proves it was retconned, so as far as we know it was planned the entire time.

I can see you have given up on trying to prove Shane Black as the bigger filmmaker. That's okay. I understand by your logic that 2 > 16, but the reality is that Kenneth Branagh has done way more films and a lot of them are well-known. Sorry for stating the facts, brah.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 No one is aware of the real Mandarin's existence because he is seen as a supernatural being that only exist through myth in China. Duh! The one-shot in no way proves it was retconned, so as far as we know it was planned the entire time.

I can see you have given up on trying to prove Shane Black as the bigger filmmaker. That's okay. I understand by your logic that 2 > 16, but the reality is that Kenneth Branagh has done way more films and a lot of them are well-known. Sorry for stating the facts, brah.
Sure... that's why before Iron Man 3 he was always mentioned and referenced as a mythological being. Nope, not totally after Iron Man 3 was he all of a sudden that. No it wasn't. The one-shot was thought of half way through production because Feige likely knew the mass hysteria by people who wanted to see The Mandarin was coming. So he got ahead of it with Drew Pearce. He couldn't just tell Shane Black to fuck off because they want to keep RDJ happy.

How did I give up? Lol The film made 5 or so million more. THAT'S FACT! No one cared about Branagh before Thor at best. Shane Black is the bigger filmmaker, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:29 pm

@yonny616 Like I said, it isn't really a "retcon" if it was planned.

So Shane Black is a bigger filmmaker than Kenneth Branagh because Much Ado About Nothing made a tad bit more than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Like I said, by Yonny's logic, 2 > 16. lol!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Like I said, it isn't really a "retcon" if it was planned.

So Shane Black is a bigger filmmaker than Kenneth Branagh because Much Ado About Nothing made a tad bit more than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Like I said, by Yonny's logic, 2 > 16. lol!
In this case it is. They began working on it halfway through IM3's production, not before it.  

What? Also in some cases 2 is indeed better than 16, but you'd know that if you actually had thought to what you wrote.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:35 pm

@yonny616 And you would know how? It being planned is just as likely of a scenario as it being retcon. I'm giving possibilities as to why it was planned from the very beginning. Your only argument is that it's "retcon" because the characters in the movie say this or that, which doesn't prove anything.

Right. You still failed to prove exactly why Shane Black is a bigger name by the way.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 And you would know how? It being planned is just as likely of a scenario as it being retcon. I'm giving possibilities as to why it was planned from the very beginning. Your only argument is that it's "retcon" because the characters in the movie say this or that, which doesn't prove anything.

Right. You still failed to prove exactly why Shane Black is a bigger name by the way.
Because it's obvious as fuck. Retcon is likelier. No you're not. He was not mentioned at all before IM3 in any way shape or form. Only reference through the 10 rings. No, it's based on when they started actually working on the thing, you're the one basing your "planned all along" claim on "B-but Ant-Man!".

Yes, I am right. I've said it many times. Read it again and again until you understand it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 pm

@yonny616 Like I said, it being planned is just as likely of a scenario as it being retcon.

Sorry, but Kenneth Branagh is a bigger name filmmaker than Shane Black. Face the facts and admit defeat.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Like I said, it being planned is just as likely of a scenario as it being retcon.

Sorry, but Kenneth Branagh is a bigger name filmmaker than Shane Black. Face the facts and admit defeat.
But retcon is likelier.

What facts? He won some awards? Bay's probably never won an award and he's a bigger name than both of these.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm

@yonny616 Again, there's no reason to believe that it was retcon.

No. Because Kenneth Branagh made more well-known films than Shane Black.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:51 am

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Again, there's no reason to believe that it was retcon.

No. Because Kenneth Branagh made more well-known films than Shane Black.
Again, there's more reason to believe it was a retcon.

No, he did not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 pm

@yonny616 Just because some of the characters thought The Mandarin was created, doesn't mean it's a good reason.

By the way, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/board/thread/246668079
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Just because some of the characters thought The Mandarin was created, doesn't mean it's a good reason.

Mecha logic:

Being the most revolutionary screenwriter who singlehandeldy built modern Hollywood practice isn't as big of a name in the industry as someone who is popular among young teens who only know about mainstream movies.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Not my logic. It's a fact. Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Not my logic. It's a fact. Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 2505020059

Not sure if Mecha has hung out too much with Duke or if Duke has hung out too much with Mecha?

#1STWORLDPROBLEMS
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:20 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Not sure if in denial or in denial?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Not sure if in denial or in denial?

Not sure if ignorant about cinema or joking?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Mecha wrote:

No one "thought". They SAY he was created by Killian and his think tank.

So?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next