Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! Empty
PostSubject: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Metacritic Score - 29

Rotten Tomatoes - 28%
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:10 pm

And these guys are doing Marvel's Spider-Man. DSP2
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Marvel always gets below average writers and directors for their movies. Don't know how they manage to pull it off? They must have sold their souls to the devil or something.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Mecha wrote:
Marvel always gets below average writers and directors for their movies. Don't know how they manage to pull it off? They must have sold their souls to the devil or something.
The one time they got a big director was because RDJ asked for it and they pretty much retconned the twist in that movie. lol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:19 pm

@yonny616 I would hardly call Shane Black big name. And the only reason why he was hired was because Robert Downey Jr. has a say on these movies. Also the twist wasn't retconned because they never used the real Mandarin to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:20 pm

IGN gave this movie an 8/10. Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 I would hardly call Shane Black big name. And the only reason why he was hired was because Robert Downey Jr. has a say on these movies. Also the twist wasn't retconned because they never used the real Mandarin to begin with.

Shane Black is one of the biggest names in Hollywood. And has been for years before Iron Man 3.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Bigger name than Kenneth Branagh and Joe Johnston? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Bigger name than Kenneth Branagh and Joe Johnston? I don't think so.

Much bigger name than Kenneth Branagh.

Shane Black is one of the most well-respected screenwriters in Hollywood history. Try to do some research and learn something about cinema before you act like such an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:05 pm

@RamboOnRedBull HA! Don't make me laugh. Hamlet, Henry V and Much Ado About Nothing ring a bell? All films where he wrote, directed and starring in. He also was nominated for five Oscars. How many Oscars was Shane Black nominated for? Oh that's right, NONE. Exactly! Maybe you need some research before you open your mouth.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Mecha wrote:

Yes, he is. I said that as well. Did you even bother to finish reading my post? Yes, Killian was the real mandarin. Marvel knew they could retcon it in a fucking one-shot later and still keep RDJ happy by having Shane Black on board.

P.S. Oscar nominations don't make someone a bigger name. Michael Bay is a huge name in Hollywood and I'm pretty sure he's won zero oscars.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Too bad. The National Lampoon movies were a classic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:37 pm

@yonny616 It's not really "retcon" if Marvel KNEW from the very beginning. Kevin Feige clearly told Shane Black that he wanted The Mandarin from the comics. But Shane Black was like screw it, my idea is better. Once Kevin Feige read Shane Black's script, he became nervous. And Kevin Feige can't control or fire Shane Black because he wants to keep Robert Downey Jr. as happy as possible. So no, Shane Black doesn't have a say on what happens in the MCU. Kevin Feige does.

Yes, Oscar nominations doesn't exactly make you a bigger name. However in this case, Kenneth Branagh is the bigger name.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 It's not really "retcon" if Marvel KNEW from the very beginning. Kevin Feige clearly told Shane Black that he wanted The Mandarin from the comics. But Shane Black was like screw it, my idea is better. Once Kevin Feige read Shane Black's script, he became nervous. And Kevin Feige can't control or fire Shane Black because he wants to keep Robert Downey Jr. as happy as possible. So no, Shane Black doesn't have a say on what happens in the MCU. Kevin Feige does.

Yes, Oscar nominations doesn't exactly make you a bigger name. However in this case, Kenneth Branagh is the bigger name.
Yes, yes it is. Killian was the fucking Mandarin, Feige can't control Black, Feige is like "well, we'll retcon it in a one-shot" that not even half the audience that saw the film in theaters will see. He did in Iron Man 3. No, he isn't.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 5:17 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Yes, yes it is. Killian was the fucking Mandarin, Feige can't control Black, Feige is like "well, we'll retcon it in a one-shot" that not even half the audience that saw the film in theaters will see. He did in Iron Man 3. No, he isn't.

Sorry, but there's no evidence to suggest that Killian was ever The Mandarin. The ONLY reason why you are even saying he's The Mandarin, is because he claims to be. That's it. If he never said that, then you wouldn't be saying shit. If there's anything that The Joker taught us that villains LIE. There's nothing about Iron Man 3 that leads us to believe Killian was ever The Mandarin. Even IF he was, then the movie has major plot holes. Like for example, if Killian was The Mandarin, then why did they fail to address his connections with The Ten Rings terrorist group from the first movie? Did he had anything to do with The Ten Rings? If not then who is the leader of The Ten Rings? It's never stated that Killian was the one responsible for The Ten Rings' actions. Not to mention the fact that The Ten Rings are still around even after Killian died. Which further proves that Killian was never The Mandarin to begin with. But I guess if someone told you that they're a fairy, you'll probably believe it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull HA! Don't make me laugh. Hamlet, Henry V and Much Ado About Nothing ring a bell? All films where he wrote, directed and starring in. He also was nominated for five Oscars. How many Oscars was Shane Black nominated for? Oh that's right, NONE. Exactly! Maybe you need some research before you open your mouth.

Shane Black is not just the most successful spec-writer in FILM HISTORY, he's also the first one to achieve, and PROVE that you can make a living on spec-scripts. He's also the one that changed Hollywood studios and make them embrace new screenwriters. He's also the one who modernized spec-scripts. He'a also the one who made it a norm for Hollywood studios to pay a reasonable amount to their writers - spec or pro. He's also the first spec-writer who made a living making spec-script. Something that screenwriters have tried to replicate ever since. He's also the most iconic screenwriter who also happens to be used as a figure to aspiring screenwriters as someone who is responsible for their dreaming becoming a reality. He essentially CREATED the equivelant of indie filmmaking and digital revolution in the screenwriting business. On his own.

Before you talk about something, then make sure you know shit about what you're sayng. Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:21 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Sorry, that doesn't exactly make him more well known.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:53 pm

The evidence is right in the film. Which I believe you must not pay attention to as the dialogue says the mandarin is made up, created in Killian's think tank. Villains lie? Not all. What does Joker have to do with any of this? All hail the king was a retcon, deal with it.

Also what rambo mention might not make him more well known, but films like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Lethal Weapon do. Those two films are recognized more that anything Kenneth Branagh has done. Well, at least until Cinderella.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 pm

@yonny616 Everyone thinks The Mandarin is made up. That's the point. He is seen as a mythology being. But the reality is, he does indeed exist in the MCU. And if you pay close attention to Ant-Man, you will know that the real Mandarin is still up to no good. As for Killian creating The Mandarin, he probably heard of The Mandarin myth somewhere in China due to his obsession with Chinese culture (thus the dragon tattoos), and decided to create his own interpretation of The Mandarin that the world saw on television. You can say it's "retcon" all you want, but you still fail to make a good argument about it. It being "retcon" is something YOU choose to believe. I on the other hand have no reason to believe that Marvel didn't plan this from the very beginning.

Also yeah right. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang underperformed at the box-office. Lethal Weapon, maybe, but even at that he didn't direct that movie. So I fail to see how exactly he's a bigger name than someone like Kenneth Branagh? Because not only is Kenneth Branagh an Oscar worthy filmmaker, but he also appeared and made more well-known movies than Shane Black. So if anything, more people have seen Kenneth Branagh movies than they have with Shane Black.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Sorry, that doesn't exactly make him more well known.

It makes him a much bigger name. Which is what you argued that it didn't, fucking moron.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 am

@RamboOnRedBull Not as big as you think. Try harder.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 5:59 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Not as big as you think. Try harder.

Being the biggest icon in screenwriting and film history since cinema was created... isnt "as big as I think"? Try harder before you steal someone else's remarks.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:02 am

@RamboOnRedBull But bigger than Kenneth Branagh? I don't think so, pal.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:04 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull But bigger than Kenneth Branagh? I don't think so, pal.

k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!   Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews for VACATION (2015) Are In!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next