Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E3 Press Conference

Go down 
+11
yonny616
Chobo
Stigma
Bluenose
Pein
Stoney
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
Mikenuge
Archduke
Mecha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which company did better at E3 2011?
 Microsoft
 Sony
View results
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

E3 Press Conference - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

E3 Press Conference - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 am

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
I know, but then you're purposely leaving out a huge chunk of Sony's conference which is relevant to PS3 gamers.

You're the one over-analyzing my statement. I'm so tired of argueing semantics with people. That I'm just going to drop it.
I'm not. I think you're the one who is making such a specific statement. My point is that Vita is relevant to the PS3 audience while Kinect, for the most part, is not relevant to the 360 audience. So in terms of hardcore offerings, Sony had more to show. Yes, in terms of console offerings, you're right, but I don't think the Vita should be left out because it's relevant to PS3 gamers.

I'm the one who is taking a step back and looking at the whole picture while you're the one who is being so specific that your argument becomes airtight.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 am

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
I know, but then you're purposely leaving out a huge chunk of Sony's conference which is relevant to PS3 gamers.

You're the one over-analyzing my statement. I'm so tired of argueing semantics with people. That I'm just going to drop it.
I'm not. I think you're the one who is making such a specific statement. My point is that Vita is relevant to the PS3 audience while Kinect, for the most part, is not relevant to the 360 audience. So in terms of hardcore offerings, Sony had more to show. Yes, in terms of console offerings, you're right, but I don't think the Vita should be left out because it's relevant to PS3 gamers.

I'm the one who is taking a step back and looking at the whole picture while you're the one who is being so specific that your argument becomes airtight.

They're implementing Kinect into Core games and creating Core games for it. Microsoft is still trying to sell Kinect because it's a cash cow but they're still trying to go beyond the casuals. Kinect is just as relevant to 360 gamers as Vita is to PS3 gamers. And another thing, Kinect is a 360 ad on, Vita is a whole new system, not everyone who will get Vita even has a PS3. Look at Lykos, he jizzes all over his PSP everyday yet doesn't even have a PS3. Plus Kinect is one hundred dollars cheaper and will probably get a price drop soon.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

E3 Press Conference - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 am

BlackStigma wrote:
They're implementing Kinect into Core games and creating Core games for it. Microsoft is still trying to sell Kinect because it's a cash cow but they're still trying to go beyond the casuals. Kinect is just as relevant to 360 gamers as Vita is to PS3 gamers. And another thing, Kinect is a 360 ad on, Vita is a whole new system, not everyone who will get Vita even has a PS3. Look at Lykos, he jizzes all over his PSP everyday yet doesn't even have a PS3. Plus Kinect is one hundred dollars cheaper and will probably get a price drop soon.
Fair point. I still thought Sony was better, though. To each his own. I don't see Kinect's involvement in the core audience as being even comparable to the Vita's involvement, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:03 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Fair point. I still thought Sony was better, though. To each his own. I don't see Kinect's involvement in the core audience as being even comparable to the Vita's involvement, but whatever.
I can see it's involvement being as big. Get a hardcore gamer in here that DOESN'T want to yell at Garrus to stop his god damn calibrations and have him actually respond. E3 Press Conference - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

Price is irrelevent when comparing Kinect to PS Vita. Unless of course you could play the Kinect without the 360 or if the PS Vita needed a PS3 to function.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am

Okay why the fuck are we comparing a full body motion device to a handheld device? Thats like comparing apples and oranges......
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:34 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Okay why the fuck are we comparing a full body motion device to a handheld device? Thats like comparing apples and oranges......

No idea...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Remember folks, its the SONY and MICROSOFT conferences, not the PS3 and 360 conferences. Vita is relevant in every way because of this as is Kinect for Microsoft as they are places to show off new products as well as software.

That being said, Vita offers alot more for ME than Kinect would. I'm just not interested in motion controls hence i don't own a Wii or PlayStation Move despite the tech being functional. The PlayStation Vita offers ME games that are essentially handheld expansions/sequels/prequels? to games that i already own and like on my PS3.

I'm going to go with Sony because they showed ME more content that i'm interested in, while yes it was a bit boring because there was little in the way of shock announcements like Microsoft did with Halo 4.

Again lets not forget that while this is a poll, it doesnt matter who gets more votes, whoever you cast your vote for automatically wins for YOU because that corporation offered YOU more content that YOU are interested in.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Reaper wrote:
Remember folks, its the SONY and MICROSOFT conferences, not the PS3 and 360 conferences. Vita is relevant in every way because of this as is Kinect for Microsoft as they are places to show off new products as well as software.

That being said, Vita offers alot more for ME than Kinect would. I'm just not interested in motion controls hence i don't own a Wii or PlayStation Move despite the tech being functional. The PlayStation Vita offers ME games that are essentially handheld expansions/sequels/prequels? to games that i already own and like on my PS3.

I'm going to go with Sony because they showed ME more content that i'm interested in, while yes it was a bit boring because there was little in the way of shock announcements like Microsoft did with Halo 4.

Again lets not forget that while this is a poll, it doesnt matter who gets more votes, whoever you cast your vote for automatically wins for YOU because that corporation offered YOU more content that YOU are interested in.

No offense, but you sound like one of those gamer hippies lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Reaper wrote:

UMFG UR TRYING 2 MEAK IT LUUK LYK A FACT!!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Reaper wrote:

Nah MS did better...

I mean...FORZA 4!!!!!! AAHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 Press Conference   E3 Press Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E3 Press Conference
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2