Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony hates Man of Steel

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:23 am

@yonny616

Have you ever read a comic in your life? Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 725796345 And you seem to be losing track of this discussion. My claim was, and still remains as: Man of Steel is absolute shit. TASM2 is shit, for mostly the same reasons TASM is shit, but nowhere near as shit as MoS.

If some kid can do it, Kal should be able to as well. Spidey goes out of his way, takes personal risk to save innocent bystanders. Kal has no qualms using busy streets as a battlefield, despite proving he can easily move his weaker opponents to other locations. He could have easily made plenty of openings.

TASM2 tried to overlay tonne of genres into a smooshed movie, but MoS put three shitty, completely different movies (the first of which was completely unnecessary) into one. Epileptic cameramen didn't help either. And how is Man of Steel a superhero movie? Having superman doesn't automatically make it a superhero movie, a lot of benevolence is required for that. Kal is just angry all the time. His hissy fits aren't exactly heroic.

Jimmy Olsen is a pretty important part of the Daily Planet, Kent's absence from the office isn't really an excuse not to have him. JJJJ is a very important part of Spidey's character, since he's a driving force in turning the public against Spidey, and his absence is more felt than Jimmy's, but Jimmy would have been so easy to include it's ridiculous. All you need is one lively, young-looking redhead.

All she did in MoS was get in danger, drool over superman, and WASTE the first ever interview with a superhuman, by talking about an S.

Electro was pretty obviously a weak personality to be manipulated by the Goblin. They really wasted the Rhino, but he was obviously there to add another recurring villain for Spidey to worry about.

There was never a true Spidey in TASM, he's nothing like the Spidey I described. But he's a much more respectable Spider-Man than MoS' Kal. Even Aunt May is about half the age she should be. TASM is complete shit, but it's leagues better than MoS. Hell, even Kickass 2 is a masterpiece compared to the two of them. You can't just say MoS is better than TASM2 because they fucked up Spider-Man, when MoS turned Superman into tempermental asshole.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:12 am

Orion wrote:
TASM 2 was awful, but nowhere near as awful as MOS.

I thought you said you haven't seen Man of Steel? Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:55 am

@Angelus

Have you read a comic? Have you even seen the film? Because it's becoming quite obvious you have not. You're the one losing track since you debate the exact way Mecha does: "jab, say some shit, jab, say some shit." And I'm saying MoS isn't as horrid as TASM2.

Right, Kal should be able to save the by-stander when there are beings moving at the speed of sound trying to punch him. That'd still be putting the by-stander at risk. How did he prove his opponents were weaker? He was getting his ass handed to him the majority of every fight and he did save people when he had the openings.

It jumbled tones and genres trying to be one thing and it turned out as bad as Batman Forever. Right the first would be a "sci-fi" film I'm guessing, which is what Superman is as an alien. His story is, was, and always will be SCI-FI! It's a superhero movie because it has Superman doing superhero things and yes, it does fall into that category by default. There's nothing I or you can do about it. Sure shaky cam was annoying.

No, he's important to Clark Kent's character. Not so much for the Daily Planet. Kent's absence from him working there is a viable excuse as to why not have Jimmy there. JJJ would have been just as easy too. Instead of sending the photos via google he could have done it up front, better yet, since Spider-Man has been around for a long time they could have shown JJJ on the TV talking about the Spider-Menace. All you need is one somewhat old man with a mustache, a cigar, and flat top hair.

Kind of like Gwen. All she did was the same shit only difference was she got killed off. Waste what interview? She wasn't interviewing Superman. She asked why he has an "S" on his chest which is a pretty reasonable question. There was no Lois Lane interview, this was the US army interrogating Superman.

Yea, probably, but it doesn't change the fact he was as bad as Jim Carrey's Riddler. No, Rhino was there as a short cut to get to Sinister Six without having to deal with making a movie with Rhino.

There isn't "Superman" in MoS either. There's a reason why the credits say "Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Kal-El and not "Clark Kent/Superman". No just stop, just, no. Stick to your anime if you think Kick Ass 2 is better than TASM2 or MoS.

That last sentence. That's exactly why you're saying MoS is worse than TASM2. You're saying MoS fucked up Superman, but TASM2 had a good Spidey so that's why it's better.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:09 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Have you read a comic? Have you even seen the film?

I have, and I've sat through that piece of shit twice. Comparing two turds is pretty boring, tbh. I managed to get out of watching TASM2 more than once, since I grew up reading The Amazing Spider-Man and I don't want to live in a world where "that" is what he's known as.

Quote :
Right, Kal should be able to save the by-stander when there are beings moving at the speed of sound trying to punch him. That'd still be putting the by-stander at risk. How did he prove his opponents were weaker? He was getting his ass handed to him the majority of every fight and he did save people when he had the openings.

Yes, trying to help people puts them at equal risk than slamming a superhuman into the same building they're in and exploding it. I see clearly now just how heroic Kal was in MoS. Razz

Quote :
It jumbled tones and genres trying to be one thing and it turned out as bad as Batman Forever. Right the first would be a "sci-fi" film I'm guessing, which is what Superman is as an alien. His story is, was, and always will be SCI-FI! It's a superhero movie because it has Superman doing superhero things and yes, it does fall into that category by default. There's nothing I or you can do about it. Sure shaky cam was annoying.

Uh..... Hissy fits are not superhero things, Krypton is not an English-Only Pandora, and Kal is barely an alien. By your logic, Rhinestone is an action movie because (even though it's clearly just an awful comedy), Stallone is in it, so it becomes an action movie by default. There's also some cowboy hats in it, so it's a western. Not just shaky cam, everything involved in the making of MoS was worse than TASM2. Cavill was supposed to be the star, and 90% of the time he's a cartoon. Not to mention his character is completely inconsistent, and his lines shitty.

Quote :
No, he's important to Clark Kent's character. Not so much for the Daily Planet. Kent's absence from him working there is a viable excuse as to why not have Jimmy there. JJJ would have been just as easy too. Instead of sending the photos via google he could have done it up front, better yet, since Spider-Man has been around for a long time they could have shown JJJ on the TV talking about the Spider-Menace. All you need is one somewhat old man with a mustache, a cigar, and flat top hair.

Yonny, you should know that squeezing in JJJJ would have just made TASM2 worse at this point. Adding a cherry to a shit Sunday just ruins the cherry. I agree that JJJJ is more important, but J.K. Simmons has set the bar too high for just anyone else to play him, and SONY is too stubborn to do things properly.

Quote :
Kind of like Gwen. All she did was the same shit only difference was she got killed off. Waste what interview? She wasn't interviewing Superman. She asked why he has an "S" on his chest which is a pretty reasonable question. There was no Lois Lane interview, this was the US army interrogating Superman.

Welp, you're right! DSP2 Lois Lane is exactly the type of person who wastes an exclusive 30 seconds with a superhuman alien teasing him about his symbol. I can't see how I didn't realize this before.

Quote :
Yea, probably, but it doesn't change the fact he was as bad as Jim Carrey's Riddler. No, Rhino was there as a short cut to get to Sinister Six without having to deal with making a movie with Rhino.
Max Dillon was a waste of time, just having Electro show up with no explanation would have been better. Rhino was a waste of time, but that's literally the most minor thing. There's really no reason for you to obsess over that anyways, especially when there's no MJ, and Gwen death was shitty and forced. But at least Gwen's Die, and MJ is still possible, unlike Lois without pulling a PotC2 character rewrite.

Quote :
There isn't "Superman" in MoS either. There's a reason why the credits say "Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Kal-El and not "Clark Kent/Superman". No just stop, just, no. Stick to your anime if you think Kick Ass 2 is better than TASM2 or MoS.
The reason I need to watch Anime is because of shit like Kickass 2, TASM, and MoS. And my expectations were pretty low to begin with.

[/quote]That last sentence. That's exactly why you're saying MoS is worse than TASM2. You're saying MoS fucked up Superman, but TASM2 had a good Spidey so that's why it's better. [/quote]

Wrong, I'm saying TASM2 is FUBAR, but that MoS is worse, because Spidey isn't nearly as fucked up as Kal, or Clark, though Peter Parker is.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Quote :
I have, and I've sat through that piece of shit twice. Comparing two turds is pretty boring, tbh. I managed to get out of watching TASM2 more than once, since I grew up reading The Amazing Spider-Man and I don't want to live in a world where "that" is what he's known as.
Why would you watch a film you dislike twice? Actually you somewhat do as not everyone in the world you live read comics or know the character. So this Spidey will probably stick around until Sony or Marvel fix it.

Quote :
Yes, trying to help people puts them at equal risk than slamming a superhuman into the same building they're in and exploding it. I see clearly now just how heroic Kal was in MoS.
Exactly what building does he explode?

Quote :
Uh..... Hissy fits are not superhero things, Krypton is not an English-Only Pandora, and Kal is barely an alien. By your logic, Rhinestone is an action movie because (even though it's clearly just an awful comedy), Stallone is in it, so it becomes an action movie by default. There's also some cowboy hats in it, so it's a western. Not just shaky cam, everything involved in the making of MoS was worse than TASM2. Cavill was supposed to be the star, and 90% of the time he's a cartoon. Not to mention his character is completely inconsistent, and his lines shitty.
When did Superman throw a "hissy fit"? That was the entirety of both TASM films. Kryptonians didn't speak english, they had their own language that was created for them. I guess they just didn't want the audience reading subtitles for nearly 30 minutes since a lot of people aren't fans of subtitles. Kal is barely an alien? Last I checked Kal is from another planet, in another solar system, he is the definition of an alien. Sure he is as human as he can be from being raised by humans and around humans, he possibly even feels human, but he is still an alien. What are you talking about? How do you even come up with that? You're the one bringing up shaky cam, so I agreed. Don't try and make it seem like I said everything else was the most perfect thing since a straight line, but it in no way was not worse than TASM2. Cavill was the star. He was the lead. That makes him the star of the film. His character was inconsistent? How? and yes most his line were shitty, but not as bad as those horrible, horrible jokes and line deliveries that looks like Peter was just a male Bella from Twilight.

Quote :
Yonny, you should know that squeezing in JJJJ would have just made TASM2 worse at this point. Adding a cherry to a shit Sunday just ruins the cherry. I agree that JJJJ is more important, but J.K. Simmons has set the bar too high for just anyone else to play him, and SONY is too stubborn to do things properly.
Considering he's been a character everyone's been wanting to see since TASM and Spider-Man has been around for quite sometime by now, JJJJ should have been one aspect to be in the second film. Instead they wanted Mary Jane (which was cut), kept the uneeded Rhino, a wink-wink to Black Cat, a rushed Goblin, a stupid, stupid villain portrayal of Electro. So no one should be Superman because Christopher Reeve set the bar high for Superman, should no one play the character? That's a dumb excuses and you know it. Sony isn't stubborn, just beyond stupid when it comes to letting the film makers they hire to make the film.

Quote :
Welp, you're right! Lois Lane is exactly the type of person who wastes an exclusive 30 seconds with a superhuman alien teasing him about his symbol. I can't see how I didn't realize this before.
I'm not even going to respond to this. I mean, really? Really? Really?

Quote :
Max Dillon was a waste of time, just having Electro show up with no explanation would have been better. Rhino was a waste of time, but that's literally the most minor thing. There's really no reason for you to obsess over that anyways, especially when there's no MJ, and Gwen death was shitty and forced. But at least Gwen's Die, and MJ is still possible, unlike Lois without pulling a PotC2 character rewrite.
No that would have been worse. Scrap Electro, scrap unneeded Rhino, make the film about Peter and Harry as that's the best thing beside the Andrews and Emma's chemistry in this film. Rhino should have been scraped just like MJ. I have never seen PotC2, or any PotC film for that matter, so I have no clue what your referencing.

Quote :
The reason I need to watch Anime is because of shit like Kickass 2, TASM, and MoS. And my expectations were pretty low to begin with.
Then why watch the shit? You've always had a problem with comics, cartoons, and manga character being adapted so why even bother? Even Marvel Studios films which are pretty much comic book movies through and through you have a problem with.

Quote :
Wrong, I'm saying TASM2 is FUBAR, but that MoS is worse, because Spidey isn't nearly as fucked up as Kal, or Clark, though Peter Parker is
How am I wrong? You just said what I said just in different words with the same meaning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates Man of Steel   Sony hates Man of Steel - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony hates Man of Steel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2