Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony hates annualised franchises

Go down 
+2
Angelus
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony hates annualised franchises R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony hates annualised franchises Empty
PostSubject: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Sony hates annualised franchises Ps4_glacier_white1-600x337

Quote :
Shuhei Yoshida president of Sony’s Worldwide Studios was in attendance at DICE Summit this week and discussed various industry topics.

Shuhei Yoshida was a panel speaker at DICE Summit 2015, which took place this week. IGN, was in attendance and reported some of his quotes.

According to Yoshida, sequels didn’t always have the reputation they have now as solid earners. They were even seen as wasted expenses that often don’t generate a return on the same level of the original games.

Later on however things changed when sequels became less risky and marketing teams realised they could annualise game releases. This became an issue as games got more complex and took longer to make.

Yoshida added that marketing executives, not understanding how game development works, would look at franchises like Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed as a way to prove annual releases work well financially. Yoshida went to say that with all due respect to developers of major franchises he “hates” annualised releases and wish they wouldn’t happen.

There is more through the link about Yoshida’s thoughts on recent issues that the new generation, and PlayStation, have had.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony hates annualised franchises ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Doesn't everyone?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony hates annualised franchises StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:35 pm

2-3 releases (not including any spinoffs) per-generation is usually good enough. If a barebone game like the main Final Fantasys had yearly releases instead of releasing 2-3 games then it would have gone stale years ago.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm

DIE CALL OF DUTY DIE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony hates annualised franchises StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:05 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
DIE CALL OF DUTY DIE!

Problem with Call of Duty, especially newer with games that tried adding a gimmick (Black ops, Ghost & Advanced) to make it look refreshing all get passed off as the same shit since they get released yearly while another game the like 3D Zelda's gets away with it so easily since we only see about two games per-console cycle.

If you compared the last 3 Uncharted or Killzone games to the last 3 Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed games. You'll most likely remember what happen in each Uncharted and Killzone.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony hates annualised franchises TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:17 am

Assassins Creed is the worse than Cod when it comes to this for me, holy fuck Unity was awful.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony hates annualised franchises ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:34 am

Orion wrote:
Assassins Creed is the worse than Cod when it comes to this for me, holy fuck Unity was awful.

Gotta agree there. They both started with a lot of merit, but now they're shit. At least CoD only rehashes the same shit each year, unlike AC which is apparently rehashing the same shit, and making it less playable.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:00 pm

The thing with COD as well is that it's plain as day there's no hope for it, but with Black Flag you felt like they were going in the right direction and then UNITY!

Black Flag should just become it's own spinoff franchise. The core gameplay of the series also never improves, at least sailing was something brand new and awesome.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Black Flag East Indies this time?

Less famous than Caribbean pirates so I doubt it will resonate with Western audiences as much.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 am

I'm really disappointed that the next game will be set in England, another same repetitive European landscape. Fuck just give us something really different like Egypt, India, China or just something in Asia or Africa.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 am

Indeed. I think they are being down right idiots at this point.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony hates annualised franchises Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:14 am

Orion wrote:
I'm really disappointed that the next game will be set in England, another same repetitive European landscape. Fuck just give us something really different like Egypt, India, China or just something in Asia or Africa.

I can't wait to assassinate 12-year-old R.U.F Members in an AC game.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:15 pm

R.U.F?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony hates annualised franchises Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:59 am

Orion wrote:
R.U.F?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_United_Front
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony hates annualised franchises   Sony hates annualised franchises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony hates annualised franchises
Page 1 of 1