Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest Dissapointments

Go down 
+9
Archduke
Pizzy3C
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Zombie
Stigma
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Biggest Dissapointments Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:08 am

This is a thread where you post your biggest gaming disappointments.

Goldensun: Dark Dawn
In this game you play as the children of the heroes in the first two Golden Suns. Although I didn't play Golden Sun 2 much, the first was amazing, aside from some ridiculously long dialogue scenes in the beginning the game was perfect in every way. One of the top in it's genre and when of my personal favorite RPGs alongside Persona 3, Pokemon Blue, and Final Fantasy VII/VIII. I was hyped for Dark Dawn and got it day one. I couldn't believe it. The dialogue was even longer and predictable, the combat was completely unchanged and very easy (easier than Fable III, yes that's possible), the characters were merely okay, the puzzles were simplistic and uninspired, and the soundtrack was nothing special. Truly a failure in every way compared to the first. I put about 22 hours into the game until I started playing Radiant Historia and Pokemon White, I completely forgot about the game and just didn't care so I sold it.

Gears of War 2
The first Gears was nearly perfect (host advantage), and the best third person shooter in existence. It took a lot of skill, had amazing gameplay, gorgeous graphics, good soundtrack, okay story but great campaign. Gears 2 came out and although it had a better campaign and a much improved plot (Skorge Boss Fight was fucking awesome, felt Zelda-ish too) and took some big hits to its multiplayer. To top it off, it came with a broken, laggy ass online that was nearly unplayable. They made a few patches and the game started working right, only problem is they made some drastic and crap gameplay changes.

They added stopped power so if you're shot by a lancer you were basically frozen and couldn't get out of the way and the chainsaw had such a massive melee range that it made me rage quit a lot. Once in a match of submission I got 11 kills straight within 3 minutes doing nothing but chainsaw in the same location. I kept using the chainsaw and ended up with some 45 kills in 15 minutes with that thing. The smoke grenades KNOCKED YOUR ASS DOWN, WTF? The gnasher shot rainbows, mortar was seriously OP'd, et cetera et cetera I could write an essay about all the problems. After about a year most of the major issues were addressed and it was a pretty good game in its own right but nothing close to the first. I was hyped to all fucking hell and my high hopes were quickly killed. This game is the reason why I have low standards or at least am more cynical towards new releases.

EDIT: Worded that wrong lol, I meant why I don't expect too much from a game so I don't get disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:46 am

Pokemon black/white: Seriously i used to be a huge pokemon fan so i decided to pick this one up. And what do i fucking get? The most fucking unoriginal pokemons ever. Its like they decided to make a pokemon game without being stoned.
First we have herdier: Biggest Dissapointments Herdier_BW Okay i know some pokemons look alot like animals but this is just a fucking dog.
Then we have trubbish: Biggest Dissapointments Trubbish Yes its a trashbag with arms and a face....
And last we have woobat: Biggest Dissapointments 527
Does the name sound familiar to you? Biggest Dissapointments Zubat-m

Every console sonic game after sonic adventures 2:No need to explain that. =/
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:56 am

PS3's launch.
599$. WTF!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:58 am

The Ratchet and Clank games on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:44 am

Fable 3-- It's an okay game with some memorable moment, but definitely was too painfully average to be worth 60 bucks. The combat system was too simple and the game overall was too easy. Hell, you physically can't even die in the game. You just get knocked out and lose your guild points.

Uncharted 2-- This game was okay but the hype surrounding it killed it for me. I expected much more from the highest rated PS3 exclusive. Also, a couple set piece moments are fine and all but I don't want my games filled with "fake" moments. The gunplay isn't the greatest and the multiplayer feels a tad uninspired.

Alan Wake-- This game disappointed me even before I bought the game! The gameplay and story of this game is great and all, but what happened to Alan Wake being a sandbox game? I wanted a better alternative to Crackdown in terms of 360 exclusive sandbox games but instead I got a linear 8 hours game. This game didn't have much replay value which is why I felt like I was ripped off 60 bucks. Again, I'm not into that whole "set-piece moments" thing excessively being in my videogames...

Well I could make a special mention about COD games and how they are not that great but honestly we all kind of expected Black Ops to be nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Biggest Dissapointments 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:11 am

Final Fantasy XIII

I don't care what you think TRF, but FFXIII was a dumbed down linear thrid person action game with a capped level up system, no grinding,and the battle system boils down to just tapping L1 if you're in a jam.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:21 am

chobo500 wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII

I don't care what you think TRF, but FFXIII was a dumbed down linear thrid person action game with a capped level up system, no grinding,and the battle system boils down to just tapping L1 if you're in a jam.

FUCK, yea I forgot about that game. That game is terrible.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Biggest Dissapointments Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:17 pm

EVERY Halo game after CE, besides Reach that is :=)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Biggest Dissapointments XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Final Fantasy VII -- I didn't play it until 2010, so it's probably just dated, but I kept hearing about how it was the greatest RPG of all time. The random encounters just annoyed the hell out of me and ruined what could have been a solid, but not amazing RPG.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Any COD after 4, B.O. is aite when bullets register...

Battlefield Bad Company 2... I liked the Rush mode for a lil, til I kept playing 12snipers v 12snipers...

Medal of Honor

PSN's security

L.A. Noire... Finished the game, was too short, and had a predictable and unsatisfying ending...

The Godfather 2

Madden, after they took out the vision cone...

Motion Gaming

Resistance 2

Empire Total War

Monopoly- Always ends in a fight and I don't think my family ever finished a game...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... I love the game but don't like that the story really didn't progress at all...

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Grand Theft Auto 4: The gameplay, story, and characters are really good. The missions are bland and repitive. The graphics suck. The checkpoint system is broken. Even the DLC's released are better than the actual game itself,
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Pokemon black/white: Seriously i used to be a huge pokemon fan so i decided to pick this one up. And what do i fucking get? The most fucking unoriginal pokemons ever. Its like they decided to make a pokemon game without being stoned.
First we have herdier: Biggest Dissapointments Herdier_BW Okay i know some pokemons look alot like animals but this is just a fucking dog.
Then we have trubbish: Biggest Dissapointments Trubbish Yes its a trashbag with arms and a face....

You're entitled to your own opinion but, I can't stand it when people say the Black and White pokemon look stupid. Take a look at gen 1, there was a ROCK with a face and two arms, a sac of eggs, a crab, a snake, a butterfly, a bat, etc. It's not that Gen 5 pokemon look stupid, it's that people are blinded by the nostalgia of Gen 1.

Pokemon White was the best pokemon game I've played since Pokemon Blue to be honest.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:

L.A. Noire... Finished the game, was too short, and had a predictable and unsatisfying ending...

LA Noire short? I don't know man. I'm a little over halfway through the main story and I'm 17 hours in. That's already longer than most games these days.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm

L.A.I.R for the PS3.
Garbage controls, garbage missions, only the story was good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Biggest Dissapointments XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

You're entitled to your own opinion but, I can't stand it when people say the Black and White pokemon look stupid. Take a look at gen 1, there was a ROCK with a face and two airs, a sac of eggs, a crab, a snake, a butterfly, a bat, etc. It's not that Gen 5 pokemon look stupid, it's that people are blinded by the nostalgia of Gen 1.

Pokemon White was the best pokemon game I've played since Pokemon Blue to be honest.
Plus I don't see how the Pokémon designs can ruin the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

LA Noire short? I don't know man. I'm a little over halfway through the main story and I'm 17 hours in. That's already longer than most games these days.

Ya it was fun for me until the ending... I'll try not to ruin the ending to the best of my ability... It's just so expected, and there's no closure in any of it...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Killzone 3

The Justice trailer made the game look amazing and then i started playing and they utterly fucking ruined the story by having the timeline jump all over the place for no fucking reason....it did nothing to advance the story and in fact spoiled the whole escaping from Pyrrus thing. Just fail.

And wow the ending has to be the most rushed thing ever....wtf were they thinking?

Battlefield Bad Company

The first bad company got me super hyped with the destructable enviroments and when it came out it did please. However some things in the game just made no fucking sense like not being able to have clan wars....this is battlefield and it has no way to have clan wars...that is blasphemy. And not being able to go prone...what the hell...apparently this was because they didnt want snipers to be too hard to see. I'm sorry but i can still tell the difference between a sniper and a fucking bush...or you could easily have kill cams to show where you got shot from ugh they could have done fifty fucking things but no they took out prone so when you are being shot at and try to take cover behind a wall your fucking head is still visible...way to go DICE Biggest Dissapointments 1443829230

Also what the hell was with the bullet damage in that game....it took literally 30 bullets to kill people, they gave you 50 round clips to counteract this which also made no fucking sense...why not just have 30 round clips like real life and make it a more reasonable ammount of shots to kill.

Thankfully they fixed all these issues for BC2...except the damn prone thing. If its not in BF3 i will send DICE anthrax in a letter.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Biggest disappointment?

Would have to be the fact that L.A Noire had an ending. Razz

Although it was the repetitive in some cases, the interrogation, acting and dialogue had me immersed like no other game.

Can't wait for the DLC to release. According to Team Bondi they had to cut out two case desks, Burglary and Fraud.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Reaper wrote:
Battlefield Bad Company

The first bad company got me super hyped with the destructable enviroments and when it came out it did please. However some things in the game just made no fucking sense like not being able to have clan wars....this is battlefield and it has no way to have clan wars...that is blasphemy. And not being able to go prone...what the hell...apparently this was because they didnt want snipers to be too hard to see. I'm sorry but i can still tell the difference between a sniper and a fucking bush...or you could easily have kill cams to show where you got shot from ugh they could have done fifty fucking things but no they took out prone so when you are being shot at and try to take cover behind a wall your fucking head is still visible...way to go DICE Biggest Dissapointments 1443829230

Also what the hell was with the bullet damage in that game....it took literally 30 bullets to kill people, they gave you 50 round clips to counteract this which also made no fucking sense...why not just have 30 round clips like real life and make it a more reasonable ammount of shots to kill.

Thankfully they fixed all these issues for BC2...except the damn prone thing. If its not in BF3 i will send DICE anthrax in a letter.

I fucking hate prone, I'm glad it doesn't have it and hope BF3 won't have it.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Why do you hate prone?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Biggest Dissapointments 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Reaper, I think in one of the trailers, it showed off prone during a sniper mission.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Reaper wrote:
Why do you hate prone?

Because of camping/dropshot crap and stuff like that. In Homefront for example there's this one map (forgot the name) with a bunch of mountains and half the people in the game would just camp with a sniper so then I'd be forced to use a sniper myself because they're hard to spot without one. I don't mind sniper but it's annoying when everyone uses it. When there is no prone option less people use a sniper. In COD everyone fucking dropshots likes crazy, Black Ops sorta fixed it with the dive thing but it's still bad. Cheap, pussy tactic. It's just a game, there's a limit to how "realistic" it should be.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Kinda agree with the sniper thing, they should cap the ammount of snipers per team and make it so you cant go sniper next round if you went one the previous round.

We can only hope though.

But lets get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Reaper wrote:
Killzone 3

The Justice trailer made the game look amazing and then i started playing and they utterly fucking ruined the story by having the timeline jump all over the place for no fucking reason....it did nothing to advance the story and in fact spoiled the whole escaping from Pyrrus thing. Just fail.

And wow the ending has to be the most rushed thing ever....wtf were they thinking?

Battlefield Bad Company

I think prone isn't in BC2 because it would make snipers overpowered since they would be harder to spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Dissapointments
Page 1 of 1