Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER

Go down 
+3
Archduke
Stigma
Orc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER Empty
PostSubject: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Chinatown Wars
I remember in the peak of my PSP fanboyism days. When we saw the footage of what DS fan were considering to be a nail in the PSP's coffin, we couldn't help but laugh. We should have known the DS was incapable of anything more than a sidescroller/isometric 2D game or at best a super linear, weak and gimmicky FPS.
BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER Chinat10

Then when Chinatown Wars was announced to come to PSP (due to selling like shit on DS....surprise, surprise) we were so hopeful that they would completely remake it into full 3D like the modern GTA style and the previous two GTA's on the system. But nope. We ended up with this. BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER Chinat11
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Duke Nukem Forever
Halo ODST
Sonic 06
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 pm

For christ's sakes. What's the point of a gaming forum if there is no discussion? How can there be any discussion if all you do is list game titles? Elaborate. Give a reason why.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm

lol you got owned toxic. I would have to say Gears of War 2. So much hype, so much anticipation. The Campaign was pretty good but the multiplayer was fucking horrible at launch. The lag was atrocious literally 3/5 games were downright unplayable and they removed the quit option from the menu so the only way to leave a game was to dashboard out. The chainsaw had a 10 meter kill radius you could from when the game started hold the B button and walk around and get a lot of kills. The shotgun shot rainbows, the hammerburst was overpowered as fuck, stopping power made the game a lancer/hammerburst fest, servers were replaced with matchmaking, Epic Games killed wallbouncing, and there was major host advantage. The first Gears war amazing and the second blew ass.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Stigma wrote:
lol you got owned toxic. I would have to say Gears of War 2. So much hype, so much anticipation. The Campaign was pretty good but the multiplayer was fucking horrible at launch. The lag was atrocious literally 3/5 games were downright unplayable and they removed the quit option from the menu so the only way to leave a game was to dashboard out. The chainsaw had a 10 meter kill radius you could from when the game started hold the B button and walk around and get a lot of kills. The shotgun shot rainbows, the hammerburst was overpowered as fuck, stopping power made the game a lancer/hammerburst fest, servers were replaced with matchmaking, Epic Games killed wallbouncing, and there was major host advantage. The first Gears war amazing and the second blew ass.

I 100% agree. I thoroughly enjoyed Gears 1 and my only complaint was that it was too repetitive, and I prayed that 2 would sort that out with more gameplay features and elements. Nope. Just more of the same. And also what you mentioned, about the lag and online issues. And I picked it up late in its life so logically the issues should be sorted.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Duke Nukem Forever (For obvious reasons.)
Halo 3 ODST (I already explained why in a previous thread.)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Army of Two: The 40th Day (Fucking dogshit game. Never play this, guys.)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 am

Metroid Other M(I have already ranted on how this game is a piece of crap)
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:34 am

Aliens Colonial Marines. Didn't even play it but the whole controversy pretty much summed up why i didn't. Absolute fucking betrayal that game was. Utter shameful betrayal like never seen. Killzone 2's E3 2005 trailer set a bar nobody thought it would meet but it did and imo surpassed it. ACM demo looked genuinely beautiful...the final product looks ass and plays worse.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:37 am

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER 256px-10
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER Fableiii
Fable III was by far one of my biggest disappointments.
The story might have been better than II, but the gameplay was heavily downgraded to the point of sheer stupidity.

The game had absolutely no customization of your Hero(it only had stuff like hairstyles, beards, tattoos e.t.c.), no upgrades for Strength, Skill and Will like the previous games had?
And not to mention the fact that the combat was so slow and shallow compared to Fable II.

Also, don't even get me started with the bugs, lots of lag in places like Millfields and the danger of losing your saved game to a stupid game breaking bug that stripped you of EVERYTHING(Items, Houses, Equipment) or the falling bug.

Because I watched the video diaries where Molyneux claimed that he wanted to make you feel "powerful", I have to say that he failed at this task.
The fact that I have to use gauntlets in order for me to cast spells doesn't make me feel powerful at all.

Extreme Morphing was a disappointment as well, who told you I wanted to show my true colours when I prepare a flourish or performing an expression?
I liked the fact that my horns were visible to others if I was evil, both in Fable I and II.

Peter Molyneux, I wish you nothing but failure in your future career in the Gaming Industry now that you left Lionhead.
And keep your obsession with that gimmick you call Kinect to yourself.
You already killed the franchise with Fable: The Journey...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:24 am

^ I did enjoy it while it lasted but I could have completed it within a day. It was horrendously short and sadly the outcome is almost always the same unless you make fuck loads of money BEFORE you become king.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Also forget to list Too Human. A game hyped up by Xbox 360 fanboys that would "supposedly" would kill off God of War series from the face of the Earth. LMFAO! what a joke that game was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Would you say it was better or worse than the "halo killer" Haze? Razz
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Many games were called "Halo killers", "God of War killers", "Forza and GT killers" and they all killed themselves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER   BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIGGEST GAMING DISAPPOINTMENTS EVER
Page 1 of 1