Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legalizing Marijuana?

Go down 
+21
Blixtstorm
Dam_Noir
Franko
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
FLOW
Pizzy3C
Stoney
Based Sonji
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Archduke
Zombie
Orc
Stigma
Chobo
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
BioDemon
ArchAngel
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Legalize Marijuana
 Legalize it
 Keep it illegal
View results
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:21 am

That's the only reason it's illegal, because the U.S Government CAN'T tax it. The only "side effect" I get form smoking it is the giggles and the munchies. Has quite a few health benefits also, particularly people suffering from Inflammatory Ailments.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:44 am

Stoney wrote:
That's the only reason it's illegal, because the U.S Government CAN'T tax it. The only "side effect" I get form smoking it is the giggles and the munchies. Has quite a few health benefits also, particularly people suffering from Inflammatory Ailments.

If they legalized it, they could tax it just like tobacco.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:19 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Marijuana is easy to grow. People will just grow their own or buy it from a private dealer to avoid paying the extra tax on it.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:08 am

Alanski wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Marijuana is easy to grow. People will just grow their own or buy it from a private dealer to avoid paying the extra tax on it.

Marijuana is not easy to grow.... the actual cannabis plant is poisonous.

And I doubt people would either way, why not just do that tobacco?

Last edited by TheJubJub5721 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm not a regular pot smoker... It definitely should be legal...
Back to top Go down
FLOW
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
FLOW

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:36 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Doesn't it require intense light on it 24/7?

Think of the electricity bills affraid

Though im sure the money made from dealing should cover that
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:00 am

FLOW wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Doesn't it require intense light on it 24/7?

Think of the electricity bills affraid

Though im sure the money made from dealing should cover that
Most people that grow weed usually tap electricity from neighbours. Its risky but cheap.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

Only for real medical reasons. I guess it would be alright if they just made it illegal to grow and to sell yourself.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Yes in moderation, an excess of anything can be harmful...which is why its lolz when people say marijuana is harmful to the brain and they prove this by pointing to people who smoke like over 9000 blunts a day.

Alcohol is legal and kills people who dont even drink.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Reaper wrote:
Yes in moderation, an excess of anything can be harmful...which is why its lolz when people say marijuana is harmful to the brain and they prove this by pointing to people who smoke like over 9000 blunts a day.

Alcohol is legal and kills people who dont even drink.

Exactly. It's really funny actually. Like in school in my health class they say tobacco is so bad (which I won't deny) but they make it seem way worse then it actually is. Like the statistics they give you there are from people who smoke more then a pack a day...any smart person wouldn't smoke that much. Hell I maybe have 1 cigarette once a week tops. Chance that that is gonna do anything? Very highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I have to do this

Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 Z163460791
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:15 am

I hope you guys are familar with term 'Fallacy'. (argument from authority)

Because whatever negative things you have heard about Weed most probably came from or was funded by the government. Of course they will tell you that weed is harmful in every way because it suits their agenda.

The truth is back in October 1st 1937, the Marijuana Tax Act was introduced in the U.S. which made it illegal to grow or transfer any form of cannabis without a tax-paid stamp - which were never made available to private citizens.

The only reason the government introduced this was because the Cannabis plant or Hemp plant could by grown to make better cigarettes, paper, oil, clothing and material. As we know the corporations control the government and all the corporations involved in the production of Cigarettes, Paper, Oil, clothing etc all pressured the government into introducing the Marijuana Tax Act to protect their businesses from mere farmers with this miracle plant which could threaten all these individual industries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
I hope you guys are familar with term 'Fallacy'. (argument from authority)

Because whatever negative things you have heard about Weed most probably came from or was funded by the government. Of course they will tell you that weed is harmful in every way because it suits their agenda.

The truth is back in October 1st 1937, the Marijuana Tax Act was introduced in the U.S. which made it illegal to grow or transfer any form of cannabis without a tax-paid stamp - which were never made available to private citizens.

The only reason the government introduced this was because the Cannabis plant or Hemp plant could by grown to make better cigarettes, paper, oil, clothing and material. As we know the corporations control the government and all the corporations involved in the production of Cigarettes, Paper, Oil, clothing etc all pressured the government into introducing the Marijuana Tax Act to protect their businesses from mere farmers with this miracle plant which could threaten all these individual industries.

Yup, I have heard that before. Absolutely why I hate the government of the US... economic competition my ass.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 am

Zeratul wrote:
For real medical reasons, yes.But for casual use, hell no.The last thing people need is more harm to their body.
Anyone else see the irony here?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 am

BioRevenant wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
For real medical reasons, yes.But for casual use, hell no.The last thing people need is more harm to their body.
LMFAO thats a win.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
BioRevenant wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
LMFAO thats a win.

People believe that Cannabis is harmful to the human body but there is little to no evidence to support this (Aside from the general inhalation of smoke regardless of the substance). The problem is the fact that most of the time Cannabis is consumed with tobacco which obviously is harmful to the human body and people often associate them as one of the same.

Infact some studies now believe the THC content of Cannabis actually kills aging cells and keeps them from becoming cancerous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html

The only real evidence i've heard regards the negative effects of Cannabis is the effect it has on the developing brain. But the human body stops producing new brain cells around the age of 18 meaning any psychological damage can only really be sustained at a much younger age and let's be honest you shouldn't be touching cannabis or alcohol if you are younger than that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:18 pm

You know I've been thinking about this and realized that legalizing weed would be damaging to the economy, it wouldn't help it at all. Weed is easy to grow, and if it was legalized people would either grow it themselves or buy it from a dealer rather than buy the Government taxed stuff. One way to avoid this is to regulate it and make it illegal to buy anything but the government stuff, but it would cost billions to have the police do that and it's like stopping people from buying cigarettes for their younger friends, it just wouldn't happen and is just a big waste of money. Plus since most people who do smoke pot are teenagers it would indeed cause more damage than harm since it would be even easier to acquire.

In addition legalizing weed would deeply cut into sales of cigarettes and cigars which btw are bad, but cash cows that generate a shit load of state and federal cash.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
You know I've been thinking about this and realized that legalizing weed would be damaging to the economy, it wouldn't help it at all. Weed is easy to grow, and if it was legalized people would either grow it themselves or buy it from a dealer rather than buy the Government taxed stuff. One way to avoid this is to regulate it and make it illegal to buy anything but the government stuff, but it would cost billions to have the police do that and it's like stopping people from buying cigarettes for their younger friends, it just wouldn't happen and is just a big waste of money. Plus since most people who do smoke pot are teenagers it would indeed cause more damage than harm since it would be even easier to acquire.

In addition legalizing weed would deeply cut into sales of cigarettes and cigars which btw are bad, but cash cows that generate a shit load of state and federal cash.

You people think weed is easy to grow...lol it's really not Razz and the actual cannabis plant is poisonous. I for one would buy from the store stuff if they legalized it because you know what you are getting. With dealers, you don't know if it is dipped or laced with anything. There is no way it would damage the economy, that is just plain dumb. And how would it cut into sales of cigarettes and cigars? You know how many people are addicted to cigarettes? Lol, they would just buy cigarettes AND weed.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You people think weed is easy to grow...lol it's really not Razz and the actual cannabis plant is poisonous. I for one would buy from the store stuff if they legalized it because you know what you are getting. With dealers, you don't know if it is dipped or laced with anything. There is no way it would damage the economy, that is just plain dumb. And how would it cut into sales of cigarettes and cigars? You know how many people are addicted to cigarettes? Lol, they would just buy cigarettes AND weed.

No joke my friend grows that shit in his basement, although he doesn't sell it, and there are a shit load of guides on the internet. You realize that people use poisons on plants in general? My parents have a garden in the back yard where they grow strawberries, pears, melons, and watermelons and my dad uses poison to keep the bugs off (well not on the pears) and simply cleans it when they're ready to be harvested. It's not hard to grow and it doesn't matter if it's poisonous or not because, well it's not like you're swallowing a cyanide capsule, just where gloves and wash your hands it's fine. And really to answer your other question, people would smoke both, but they'd stop buying cigarettes as often, they'd probably buy only half the amount they used to and use the saved cash for weed. And most people like weed more than cigarettes anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

No joke my friend grows that shit in his basement, although he doesn't sell it, and there are a shit load of guides on the internet. You realize that people use poisons on plants in general? My parents have a garden in the back yard where they grow strawberries, pears, melons, and watermelons and my dad uses poison to keep the bugs off (well not on the pears) and simply cleans it when they're ready to be harvested. It's not hard to grow and it doesn't matter if it's poisonous or not because, well it's not like you're swallowing a cyanide capsule, just where gloves and wash your hands it's fine. And really to answer your other question, people would smoke both, but they'd stop buying cigarettes as often, they'd probably buy only half the amount they used to and use the saved cash for weed. And most people like weed more than cigarettes anyways.

They wouldn't stop buying cigarettes. The average smoker smokes at least a pack a day (I think this was discussed in another thread). They aren't smoking tobacco because they like the buzz, like me, they smoke it because they HAVE to smoke em or they have withdrawls. Cigarette sales won't go down. I guarantee that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 pm

jubby wrote:
They wouldn't stop buying cigarettes. The average smoker smokes at least a pack a day (I think this was discussed in another thread). They aren't smoking tobacco because they like the buzz, like me, they smoke it because they HAVE to smoke em or they have withdrawls. Cigarette sales won't go down. I guarantee that.

Well the sales may go down a little but it would be pretty minor in the great scheme of things.

Last edited by Lykos on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:05 pm

^^^

Hate when that happens to your post. haha
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Shit! lol okay I'll edit it and add a quote xD
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Anyway, sales of smokes/tabacco would got through the roof. You need tobacco to smoke weed/hash, so Cannabis only smokers will have to buy cigarettes aswel as smokers.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 am

Stoney wrote:
Anyway, sales of smokes/tabacco would got through the roof. You need tobacco to smoke weed/hash, so Cannabis only smokers will have to buy cigarettes aswel as smokers.

What? I have smoked weed a plenty without tobacco...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legalizing Marijuana?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next