Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny fox news marijuana argument

Go down 
+5
Orc
Stoney
Mikenuge
Jack the Spectre
Stigma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Funny fox news marijuana argument Empty
PostSubject: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:51 am

Make sure to watch this the guy used to be a cop.

It's funny how they keep on interrupting him when he starts making sense Razz

Oh and that bit when the fat guy talks

Spoiler:

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Funny fox news marijuana argument XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:11 am

Frankly I don't know if I even want marijuana legalized. People are gonna smoke it whether it's legal or not and I'm sure regulating marijuana cost more tax dollars than outright banning it. But maybe I'll have a different opinion once I smoke the stuff.

But the news anchor makes a good point about helping people keep their addictions up. These tips can apply to cocaine, painkillers, heroin, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:04 am

Drugs are bad, mkayy

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

Mary Jane is just a 'erb.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 am

Marilize Legaljuana

No seriously this guy's an idiot. Yeah suure the war on drugs is just the same as slavery and sexism, racism and whatever else he's talking about.
Rosa Parks hahahaha.
He has to rely on metaphors to make his point. Can't just be rational. Total cunting idiot. Yeah they interrupted him a little but they made relevant points... he just babbled on about unrelated stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Funny fox news marijuana argument R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:34 am

You faggots rather talk about marijuana instead of Kate Upton? :areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Fox "News" is such a shit channel. Their bullshit of putting their own opinions would never fly in a REAL news broadcasting corporation aka BBC.

Stick to reporting the news instead of making it up Faux news.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Economic crisis and incredible depths in america? Pretty talk about legalizing marijuana. :areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Lykos wrote:
Marilize Legaljuana

No seriously this guy's an idiot. Yeah suure the war on drugs is just the same as slavery and sexism, racism and whatever else he's talking about.
Rosa Parks hahahaha.
He has to rely on metaphors to make his point. Can't just be rational. Total cunting idiot. Yeah they interrupted him a little but they made relevant points... he just babbled on about unrelated stuff.

His point was about bad policy. He didn't compare marijuana to slavery he just said that they were both bad policy. And he's right, weed was made illegal because it threatened the smoking and paper industries, not because it's bad for you. The Fox news guys didn't make any relevant points they were just attempting to damage his credibility, which you seem to have fallen for.

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Frankly I don't know if I even want marijuana legalized. People are gonna smoke it whether it's legal or not and I'm sure regulating marijuana cost more tax dollars than outright banning it. But maybe I'll have a different opinion once I smoke the stuff.

But the news anchor makes a good point about helping people keep their addictions up. These tips can apply to cocaine, painkillers, heroin, etc.

Weed is mildly addicting, but no where near the level of alcohol or tobacco. It doesn't inflict a physical addiction to the body, it's just so good that some people can't help themselves. That's a rather weak argument they made.

As for legalizing marijuana. I don't smoke the stuff and I don't plan too, but I'd rather people smoke weed rather than cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Stigma wrote:
Weed is mildly addicting, but no where near the level of alcohol or tobacco. It doesn't inflict a physical addiction to the body, it's just so good that some people can't help themselves. That's a rather weak argument they made.

As for legalizing marijuana. I don't smoke the stuff and I don't plan too, but I'd rather people smoke weed rather than cigarettes.
I know it's not nearly as addictive as alcohol and hard drugs like coke, but my point is that people can use these videos to hide said hard drugs. If these hiding spots work for marijuana, why not for someone who is hiding coke or alcohol despite going to AA?

I'd rather people smoke weed than cigarettes but we can just as easily ban cigarettes. It's healthier if both were banned, no?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Why is Fox News still around? They do nothing except spur propaganda bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Duke wrote:
Why is Fox News still around? They do nothing except spur propaganda bullshit.
They're a news station, what do you expect? It's actually good that they're around because they provide the other side of the story you won't get from those liberal news stations.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Sometimes Fox News is more reasonable to certain events. Like the Trayvon Martic case. They didn't imply racism like other news stations did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:04 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Stigma wrote:

I know it's not nearly as addictive as alcohol and hard drugs like coke, but my point is that people can use these videos to hide said hard drugs. If these hiding spots work for marijuana, why not for someone who is hiding coke or alcohol despite going to AA?

I'd rather people smoke weed than cigarettes but we can just as easily ban cigarettes. It's healthier if both were banned, no?

1. You shouldn't attribute other factors like that. It's not a solid argument and only tries to derail the cause. Difficult to explain what I mean but here are some examples.

Let's say I make a video on how to shoot a sniper rifle or make a sniper simulator. It's just meant to help those who use snipers for sport or entertainment, like shooting cards a mile away. Someone could hypothetically use those videos to train in an attempt to assassinate the President. If I sold a device that detected nearby police cars (which do exist) for the purpose of avoiding speedtraps then someone could say criminals could use those to escape the police. If I made a video that teaches someone how to stuff themselves into a small cardboard box someone could say that foreigners could use those methods to sneak into the United States. If I sold fake bibles to hide flasks inside somebody could say that it could be used to store a bomb instead and bring it aboard a plane.

Just because someone can use a method to do something wrong other than the intended use doesn't make it wrong to teach that method.

2. Sounds good on paper but would backfire horrible like the prohibition did. Weed is already deeply embedded into our society it will never go away. It is however better than tobacco and has many other uses. If it was legalized people would smoke it more than tobacco and thus less people will die or get lung cancer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I never said it was wrong to teach what he is teaching, I just think it's a fair point and hopefully something the guy considered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny fox news marijuana argument   Funny fox news marijuana argument I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny fox news marijuana argument
Page 1 of 1