Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legalizing Marijuana?

Go down 
+21
Blixtstorm
Dam_Noir
Franko
Hydell
2Sugoi2Die
FLOW
Pizzy3C
Stoney
Based Sonji
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Archduke
Zombie
Orc
Stigma
Chobo
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
BioDemon
ArchAngel
Bluenose
TheJubJub5721
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Legalize Marijuana
 Legalize it
 Keep it illegal
View results
AuthorMessage
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Legalizing Marijuana? Empty
PostSubject: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:59 pm

What do you guys think?

I think it should be legalized, or at least decriminalized. If the US gov't legalized it and put a slight taxes on it, they would get SO MUCH revenue. Not to mention it helps a lot of people with things like anxiety, insomnia, and gives an appetite back to chemotherapy patients.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Yes for hospital use, no for casual use. Has way too many harmful effects especially to the brain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:07 pm

For real medical reasons, yes.But for casual use, hell no.The last thing people need is more harm to their body.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Well im dutch so its pretty obvious that i vote for legal. Razz

Nah but to be serious soft drugs is really easy to get when its legal or illegal. In our country the soft drugs policy has actually reduced the amount of hard drugs users. Besides weed and marijuana is still less damaging then alcohol.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

I was watching History Channel's "Marijuana: A Chronic History" and honestly, weed does not have bad effects on your brain.

Obviously in moderation the good out ways the bad, much like alcohol. If you drink a glass of red wine a week, it is good for you. But if you binge drink, it hurts you. I think it is more about personal responsibility. If I want to use weed, I should be able to. It effects only me.

But I also think that if I want to hurt myself by using harmful drugs (not saying I do), like cocaine or something also, I should be able to. It's an issue with the US being a nanny state, and controlling how people live.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:16 pm

I voted to legalize.
Legalizing Marijuana? Global_MJ_March_Poster_logo
That is all.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Teckno wrote:
Yes for hospital use, no for casual use. Has way too many harmful effects especially to the brain.

There are less harmful effects to Marijuana than alcohol and smoking hookah. It's comparable to smoking cigarettes in terms of risk, but without the nicotine.

Long story short, it makes you temporarily stupid Razz. Many people already smoke weed or have tried it before. Making it legal won't create a huge increase of people doing it Razz.

What they could basically do is make weed legal only if you are at your home or your friend's home with their consent.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Probably for medical use.
(I was gonna put a clip from Family Guy about the topic but the quality sucks ASS!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Quote :
There are less harmful effects to Marijuana than alcohol and smoking hookah. It's comparable to smoking cigarettes in terms of risk, but without the nicotine.

I agree it's less harmful than the average intake of alcohol or smoking of the hookah (you arab Razz), but it's still dangerous enough in my eyes to not be used unless for medical reason.

Quote :
Long story short, it makes you temporarily stupid Razz. Many people already smoke weed or have tried it before. Making it legal won't create a huge increase of people doing it Razz.

Problem is, while you're stupid, what's stopping you from going into your car and having a fatal accident?

Quote :
What they could basically do is make weed legal only if you are at your home or your friend's home with their consent.

This would hardly work. I hardly think anyone will follow up to this rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Legalizing Marijuana? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:34 pm

That is all

P.S, sorry for bad quality. Fox probably flagged down all the other ones. the rest used the song and a buch of random stills.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:10 pm

It's already used for medical use in some states.

0 People have died from weed huh? There's also never been an official study done by the United States on weed alone. You can't die by overdosing but people still die when they're driving while stoned and such. I don't really care if you smoke weed or not cause about half the people I know do, but you can't be taken seriously if you say it's never killed anyone.

It's probably a bad idea to legalize it for casual use but it makes sense for medical reasons.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Legalise it. It's not harmless but It is less harmful than a lot of legal, easy to obtain substances.
Of course it must be taken in moderation but that goes with everything in life. You cannot die from
marijuana though smoking in general is not good for your body.. And weed contains more tar but no nicotine so it's not addictive. Also it opens your lungs and releases dirt and smoke whereas cigarettes/tabacco can trap
it. So it's more healthy in that way, as it can be used in a similar way to a cough drop.
Fact: it is easier for a kid to get his hands on weed than alcohol. So it should be legalised but with an age limit.
Fact: in all it's known existence of being used, it has been illegal under 1% of the time.

So yeah, legalise but give it an age limit like 18 or 20.

Btw I bet Jubs a stoner Razz

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It's already used for medical use in some states.

0 People have died from weed huh? There's also never been an official study done by the United States on weed alone. You can't die by overdosing but people still die when they're driving while stoned and such. I don't really care if you smoke weed or not cause about half the people I know do, but you can't be taken seriously if you say it's never killed anyone.

It's probably a bad idea to legalize it for casual use but it makes sense for medical reasons.

No one has died directly from it.

Teckno wrote:

Quote :

I agree it's less harmful than the average intake of alcohol or smoking of the hookah (you arab Razz), but it's still dangerous enough in my eyes to not be used unless for medical reason.

Quote :

Problem is, while you're stupid, what's stopping you from going into your car and having a fatal accident?

Quote :

This would hardly work. I hardly think anyone will follow up to this rule.

And yeah, nothing is stopping you from getting in a car. But from my experience I have WAY better judgement when I was high on weed rather then drunk. In that case just ban alcohol right? And that is why we need strict consequences for people who drive under the influence. After the second (hell I might even say the first) time getting caught driving under the influence of any substance like weed or alcohol, then take their license away permanently.

But just because it is dangerous in your eyes doesn't mean it is actually dangerous...

Also, with the following up on the rule, strict consequences. If you break the rule, you get punished. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

And yeah, nothing is stopping you from getting in a car. But from my experience I have WAY better judgement when I was high on weed rather then drunk. In that case just ban alcohol right? And that is why we need strict consequences for people who drive under the influence. After the second (hell I might even say the first) time getting caught driving under the influence of any substance like weed or alcohol, then take their license away permanently.

But just because it is dangerous in your eyes doesn't mean it is actually dangerous...

Also, with the following up on the rule, strict consequences. If you break the rule, you get punished. Simple as that.

Same, when you are smoking, providing it's not your first time, you know your limits and if you aren't feeling like having more you just stop.
Sadly my first time I had so much that I pulled a "whitey". Was not good. Legalizing Marijuana? 409191096 But you know, it's not directly particularly harmful. Just chills ya the hell out :)

And it isn't addictive so if you ever felt that it was affecting you negatively, say you were getting paranoia or something (which hasn't been properly scientifically linked directly to marijuana to the best of my knowledge), you could stop at any point.

I mean the funny thing is that I have a higher risk of dying from eating a burger at one of those roadside vans than from smoking weed my entire life.
To die from weed intake you would have to smoke your bodyweight in weed and not only would that cost fuck loads but you probably wouldn't manage, you'd pass out before then and if you died it would not be from the marijuana itself. It is a LEAF ffs. How can you ban a leaf!! There are poisonous leaves that can kill you or seriously harm you but they aren't illegal.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm

You know what? That whole chart that BioRevanent posted is a load of crap.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm

Mortality
Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 14,406
Number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 23,199
http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/index.htm
According to the Alcohol-Related Disease Impact (ARDI) tool, from 2001–2005, there were approximately 79,000 deaths annually attributable to excessive alcohol use.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/ns/health-addictions/t/alcohol-linked-us-deaths-year/
75,000 deaths a year including car crashes and other mishaps.

If you're gonna be pro-weed then by all means go for it, but don't go around posting bullshit statistics. As I said previously, there is no study that has been done by the United States on annual deaths by weed alone, they usually count them together in "illegal drug use". You can sure as hell bet they're are people dieing while they are stoned though.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:00 pm

^

No matter which way you slice it,
You still have 0 deaths from weed.

If you had merely 1 or two deaths per year from alcohol or other stuff.... weed would still technically be the safer option.
And that is a fact.
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:09 pm

I say legalize it and put a tax on it. Therefore, the economy will go up. But it shouldn't be the government's responsibility to say what you can or cannot put within your body.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Lykos wrote:
^

If you had merely 1 or two deaths per year from alcohol or other stuff.... weed would still technically be the safer option.
And that is a fact.

Quote :
Myth: No One Has Ever Died From Using Marijuana

The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk of injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant, though not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts. That pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and coordination at complex tasks including driving.1 There have been numerous reports of pot-related accidents -- some of them fatal, belying the attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of 1023 emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.2 This is perhaps the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous than alcohol.

Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive effects of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school work, and productivity.
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

PWNED, damn took me forever to find that again. It's a German study btw.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:34 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Lykos wrote:
^

And that is a fact.

Quote :
Myth: No One Has Ever Died From Using Marijuana

The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk of injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant, though not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts. That pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and coordination at complex tasks including driving.1 There have been numerous reports of pot-related accidents -- some of them fatal, belying the attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of 1023 emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.2 This is perhaps the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous than alcohol.

Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive effects of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school work, and productivity.
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

PWNED, damn took me forever to find that again. It's a German study btw.

And I will bet my life they had laced weed.

That is also a benefit from legalization, the government would regulate it just like the food industry and you wouldn't have dealers lacing it or dipping it to make wetsticks.

But overall,

Zombie wrote:
I say legalize it and put a tax on it. Therefore, the economy will go up. But it shouldn't be the government's responsibility to say what you can or cannot put within your body.

My main point. Why can the government tell me what to do with MY body?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Quote :
Why can the government tell me what to do with MY body?

Because some people (not you) are far too incompetent to make decisions. We might as well legalize crack and heroin too if that's what people think like. There is a reason that laws and rules exist, even if you don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Legalize it. But, have very strict taxes on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Quote :
Why can the government tell me what to do with MY body?

Because some people (not you) are far too incompetent to make decisions. We might as well legalize crack and heroin too if that's what people think like. There is a reason that laws and rules exist, even if you don't like them.

I can understand having drugs where you are totally not in control of what you do be illegal. But that is far from what Marijuana is.

And that goes with like what I said before, if you get caught outside of a private residence using marijuana or caught under the influence while driving, harsh penalties.
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Teckno wrote:

the samething that stops you from doing it when your drunk. yet alcohol is legal
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:13 pm

The economy could be stable in 3 days if they put a tax on it....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legalizing Marijuana?   Legalizing Marijuana? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legalizing Marijuana?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next