Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Underrated Games Thread

Go down 
+11
Based Sonji
Stoney
Chobo
ghost23
The Enkindler
Zombie
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Pein
Hydell
Stigma
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Official Underrated Games Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:33 pm

This place needs one. Basically talk about games that scored under an 80 (on Metacritic/Gamerankings) that are actually pretty good.

Manga Carta 2 - I haven't beat this game yet, but I'm pretty far into the second (and last) disk already and the game is really good so far. Sure the plot and characters are cliche, but the combat is excellent and refreshing and the AI while sometimes pretty stupid does a good job keeping up with you and you're constantly changing characters so it isn't much of a hassle. It's a pretty good game that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a JRPG (korean dev actually). The soundtrack and graphics are none too shabby either.

Homefront - The campaign while short is really good. It has good atmosphere and good story which I think could be expanded upon. The multiplayer is where the meat is though. There aren't too many maps but they are all really big and it's 16 vs 16 action with infantry, vehicle, drone, and helicopter combat. Some ignorant people who haven't played it will call it a COD ripoff but it's more like Frontlines: Fuels of War and Battlefield if anything. It is a tacticle shooter and while you could lonewolf it you will have a difficult time getting much experience. You are also motivated to complete the objectives as you'll earn lots of credits which can be used to purchase vehicles or equipment which will give your team a good edge. You can buy a vehicle to spawn into from the get go or spawn in the passenger seat of another vehicle. The multiplayer is really fun and very refreshing from many other shooters.

Well that's all I've got for now, I'll post more later.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:45 am

Mirrors Edge - Brilliant first person action game where you use free-running and parkour style gameplay to escape from the authorities in a police state. You can pick up guns from the police but they are more of a hinderance than a help as it weighs you down and your agility is your best defence.

Just watch the video and see, the animated parts are cutscenes.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:05 am

bullet witch - A third person shooter were you play as a modern witch in 2013 when demons took over the world. With solid gameplay interesting spells and level design perfect to use these big spells it atleast deserves a 7.

Brink - I've played this game at my cousins house and boy can i tell you that the multiplayer is great. The maps are nice, the graphics are original, the mirrors edge like gameplay feels great and amazing teamwork with different classes. But fucking review sites like IGNorant gave it a 6.0 because its not call of fucking duty.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:13 am

I agree with toxic, IGN seem to hate any shooter thats not cod these days.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:26 am

L.A Noire..while it got 9s and high scores..i think it deserves even more..i think this game should have the same scores as gta 4 and even more than red dead redemption..but since its unique and different from the normal shit we see.ign and other critics have to give the game a lower score than gta 4 and red dead redemption..but still it has high scores but not high enough in my opinion.the only thing i didn't like was when it ended

The Getaway and Black Monday..both of these games are freaking spectacular..the executive producer for this 2 games later was the executive producer for l.a noire..london is incredibly detailed in both of these games eventhough it's last gen..its one of the most impressive games last generation and they are incredibly underrated

Castlevania Lords of Shadow..this game was incredibly underrated..awesome graphics,kick ass gameplay and a very lengthy game..the boss fights were epic..the enviroments in this game were utterly creepy,cool and awesome..all in all, this game was epic

Mafia 2..this game is one of the most impressive games that i have played..incredibly mob story with tons of characters,great dialogue and the main character has one of the best character developments in video game history..the fighting was okay,the driving was excellent,the shootouts were incredible and all in all,it was a lengthy game which i enjoyed

Assassins Creed Brotherhood..the best and the biggest assassins creed game to date..longer story than ac2,better combat and varieties in missions,huge city,better storyline and the point of recruiting assassins was better than ever and upgrading them to be full masters was incredible and overall the multiplayer was incredibly fun
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Underrated Games Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:51 am

Mirror's Edge -- This game definitely deserved more merit,
especially considering how unique and innovative it was. Too bad that's
probably why it sold so poorly. Sure, the game was a little rough around
the edges and could've used some improvements, but DICE was venturing
out of their FPS comfort zone, so it's not shocking that their game
isn't flawless.

Deadly Premonition -- This game is pure genius. On the outside, it may seem like a bad game, but when you consider that every cheesy piece of dialogue was done on purpose, it really makes the game seem like more of a satisfying comedy than a weak horror game. 8/10 (as opposed to its 65 on Metacritic)

Venetica -- This game is flawed to Hell, don't get me wrong. However, most of these flaws are in the user interface and attack accessibility. Being able to cycle weapons is cool, but it would've been nice to be able to cycle the weapons in more than one direction. In fact, mapping them to the d-pad would've been better. Unfortunately, the d-pad is used for spells, and oddly, the block button. Each weapon's block is separate, so in order to block with every weapon, you have to map out the d-pad completely, leaving no room for combos (yes, you have to map combos) or spells. Still, despite these flaws, I found myself really enjoying this game. I kinda want to write a letter to the developer, because I know EXACTLY how to make this game go from good to awesome. While I wouldn't give this game anything higher than a 7/10, it doesn't deserve to be in the 40s range on Metacritic.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:05 am

I really hated Mirrors Edge :S Not saying it's a bad game but I found it insanely dull and repetitive after the first couple of levels.

Either way...

GRIM FANDANGO:
Official Underrated Games Thread No_sequel-Grim-Fandango
Despite getting insanely positive ratings, being called by many critics "the best adventure game" and ending up with a 94 on metacritic, it sold horribly. Chances are that well under 5% of gamers even know of its existence.
It is a slow paced game but it's one with many epic moments, fantastic presentation, unique and engrossing setting, brilliant storyline, likeable characters and I could go on.

It is a game every gamer should play.

BULLY
Official Underrated Games Thread Bully-video-game-fight
You probably already know how I feel about this game. It is quite simply one of my favourites of all time. I just loved everything about it. The location, the interaction and immersion. The characters and the unique gameplay style. How many games do you know that are set in a school environment with grand theft auto style gameplay? It is in my eyes, rockstars finest work to date.

HARRY POTTER: CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Official Underrated Games Thread Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_profilelarge
Movie game tie-ins generally folllow the trend of being utter crap yet selling well due to the name. Well Harry Potter the Chamber of Secrets broke that trend. Not saying it didn't sell well but the amazing thing about it is that every system had a different version of the game. And every one is amazing. I've owned it on Gameboy Advance, PC, Gamecube, PS1 and Gameboy Colour. Neither one is anything less than good. And in the case of the pc/gamecube versions, really great. Although the graphics are very dated by now, I'd recommend buying or at least downloading some of these games. They are so damn fun.
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:56 am

Unreal Tournament is very underrated. I think it's even better than Halo and Quake, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:11 am

I loved harry potter chamber of secrets.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:37 am

Spellforce The Order of Dawn: It's an RTS with RPG elements, really good game, but very underrated you can barely see people talking about it.
Official Underrated Games Thread 877095-spellforce_cover_large

Dragon Valor: Another underrated game, this time Action with RPG elements, I still remember playing this game at my cousin's house.
Official Underrated Games Thread 472-1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:32 am

Pein wrote:
L.A Noire..while it got 9s and high scores..i think it deserves even more..i think this game should have the same scores as gta 4 and even more than red dead redemption..but since its unique and different from the normal shit we see.ign and other critics have to give the game a lower score than gta 4 and red dead redemption..but still it has high scores but not high enough in my opinion.the only thing i didn't like was when it ended

Assassins Creed Brotherhood..the best and the biggest assassins creed game to date..longer story than ac2,better combat and varieties in missions,huge city,better storyline and the point of recruiting assassins was better than ever and upgrading them to be full masters was incredible and overall the multiplayer was incredibly fun

How can a game with AAA rating 90+ really be underrated. You can't really compare it to GTA IV since that was released nearly 3 years ago and both LA Noire has a different gameplay premise than GTA and Red Dead.

Brotherhood was shorter than AC2 and I guess story is subjective but I thought AC2 was much better than Brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:05 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

Good man Official Underrated Games Thread 2505020059 Which console/s you own it on?

Leonidas wrote:
[color=brown]Spellforce The Order of Dawn: It's an RTS with RPG elements, really good game, but very underrated you can barely see people talking about it.
Official Underrated Games Thread 877095-spellforce_cover_large

I bought that for my sisters birthday several years ago. I think she played it like once Sad
And one of my old mates owned it as well, said it was good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:13 am

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Good man Official Underrated Games Thread 2505020059 Which console/s you own it on?
I actually had it on the pc. Razz It was one of my first games that wasn't on an handheld and i used to play the hell out of it before i even had consoles. Ahh the times. It just makes me sick how they turned the harry potter game franchise. from a magical adventure game to a third person shooter. (a.k.a deadly hallows)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Underrated Games Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:31 am

I had the first two Harry Potter games on PC. They were alright.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official Underrated Games Thread 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Ty the Tazmanian Tiger

Official Underrated Games Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1OT-W-CwmfiHTCwHlm1Z1nn4xVur-ULEXczHSdHG8X8htVVLKkg

Luigi's Mansion

Official Underrated Games Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsXB5rTmgp-9u4nEBxE1TAn76eXkKWU9PGwXmIIZwIniS-20V1

Dante's Inferno

Official Underrated Games Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6NsdHnb5zxzess7xw3lk8Gwhdn1yVWSxwEkv3knDbw3Wn2Wu4

Medal of Honor 2010

Official Underrated Games Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvMZPOY8GshtFbLgUwkC5Z-kOqTodCI3JWzOduMskQDvnzFnSP4A
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

I actually had it on the pc. Razz It was one of my first games that wasn't on an handheld and i used to play the hell out of it before i even had consoles. Ahh the times. It just makes me sick how they turned the harry potter game franchise. from a magical adventure game to a third person shooter. (a.k.a deadly hallows)

Nice Official Underrated Games Thread 2505020059 Chamber of Secrets on GBA was my first proper handheld game. Was awesome. Then a few years later I got it on pc then after that I got it on gamecube then recently gbc and ps1 xD
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Capcom need to remake this beast. Excellent game.

Official Underrated Games Thread Thumb_605
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Official Underrated Games Thread TagTeamCover
Crash Tag Team Racing

I know there has been a lot of changes made to the crash formula over time but it's no reason to bash a good game. This game had its flaws yeah but the criticisms were stupid imo because I had a great time with this game. I wouldn't give it much more than 7.5 out of 10 but it's still a decent title well worth playing.
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Lykos wrote:
Official Underrated Games Thread TagTeamCover
Crash Tag Team Racing

I know there has been a lot of changes made to the crash formula over time but it's no reason to bash a good game. This game had its flaws yeah but the criticisms were stupid imo because I had a great time with this game. I wouldn't give it much more than 7.5 out of 10 but it's still a decent title well worth playing.
I used to play this and Crash Twin-Sanity for 12 hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Crash Bash.

I FUCKING LOVED THIS GAME.
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

America

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Sonji wrote:
Crash Bash.

Haha, I remember that on the PS1. The last boss was a bitch to beat.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official Underrated Games Thread 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Sonji wrote:
Crash Bash.

I loved him to, Until Activision came along and drove him into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:45 am

Castlevania, Assassin's Creed, LA Noire, and Crash Bandicoot are most certainly not underrated.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:05 am

I second MOH 2010, the entire campaign was based on true events and operations...then everyone rubbished the game to the floor because once agan it wasnt MW2 with over the top set pieces and stupid plot devices like nukes going off Official Underrated Games Thread 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:26 am

Call of Juarez (The first one) is probably one of the most underrated games off all time. The story is excellent, that gameplay is good with some elements that Read Dead stole later... But never mind.

Mafia II is one of the better mafia games made. The story is up to par with most AAA titles and the graphics on PC looks amazing. If only the PS3 version had graZZ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Underrated Games Thread   Official Underrated Games Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Underrated Games Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next