Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Official Indie Video Games Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Stature : 194
Male

PostSubject: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:08 am

Everything indie goes here. So what indie games that were shown off at the PlayStation Experience convention were you guys mostly interested in? 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

Stature : 173
England Male
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:13 pm

I approve of this thread. Stop indie shit getting spread around the forum

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wolfyreviews.webs.com
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Stature : 342
Canada Male
Playing : Dungeon Travellers 2
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:11 pm

For more notable indie releases and studios, I think it's worthwhile to give them their own dedicated thread.

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:06 pm

For Telltale games? Yeah.
Anything else? Nope lol

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 414
Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I approve of this thread. Stop indie shit getting spread around the forum

Almost laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:49 am

10 Exciting Indie Games to Put on Your Radar.

8 are on PS4, but only 2 are on Xbox One.  This should show why Orc hates Indies so much.   Not all Indies are the shit that floods 99% of Steam's marketplace, most of these look quite interesting, Cosmic Star Heroine, Dragon Fin Soup, Severed, and Rebel Galaxy all look more promising than Sunset Overhype, and Ryse.

What can give strength to this seed? All she needs is to be loved by only one grain of sand from all over the desert. All you need is to tell her how beautiful dandelions are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 298
UK Female
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:16 am

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
10 Exciting Indie Games to Put on Your Radar.

8 are on PS4, but only 2 are on Xbox One.  This should show why Orc hates Indies so much.   Not all Indies are the shit that floods 99% of Steam's marketplace, most of these look quite interesting, Cosmic Star Heroine, Dragon Fin Soup, Severed, and Rebel Galaxy all look more promising than Sunset Overhype, and Ryse.
change your fucking sig, i was at school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 pm

8 are on PS4, but only 2 are on Xbox One.  This should show why Orc hates Indies so much.  

Even though my favourite system last gen (xbox 360) had THOUSANDS more indie games than the ps3. I didn't give too much of a shit about them back then either

But you know if you like indies, I dunno why you're playing a current gen console. You should be playing on Steam or on Xbox 360 or on Vita or an Ouya or just a bog standard phone... but whatever pads out PS4's library and makes your purchase seem justified

Also I can play 9 of them on PC, I suppose this means PC is the best

And at least you know they wont suffer from optimization issues or framerate issues because even a toaster could run them

And if you'd rather play "generic sidescroller 53389100" or "aimless exploration with no objective 620128" than "MASSIVE OPEN WORLD GRINDING ON RAILS, BLOWING SHIT UP AND FIGHTING MUTANTS" and "ANCIENT ROME BRUTAL GORY SLICK COMBAT WITH BADASS FINISHING MOVES & SOME OF THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER SEEN", hey good for you bro
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:20 pm

@Orion wrote:
change your fucking sig, i was at school

It's a girl eating a sushi roll. It's literally the most SFW thing in the entire Senran Kagura universe.

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

8 are on PS4, but only 2 are on Xbox One.  This should show why Orc hates Indies so much.  

Even though my favourite system last gen (xbox 360) had THOUSANDS more indie games than the ps3. I didn't give too much of a shit about them back then either

But you know if you like indies, I dunno why you're playing a current gen console. You should be playing on Steam or on Xbox 360 or on Vita or an Ouya or just a bog standard phone... but whatever pads out PS4's library and makes your purchase seem justified

And at least you know they wont suffer from optimization issues or framerate issues because even a toaster could run them

And if you'd rather play "generic sidescroller 53389100" or "aimless exploration with no objective 620128" than "MASSIVE OPEN WORLD GRINDING ON RAILS, BLOWING SHIT UP AND FIGHTING MUTANTS" and "ANCIENT ROME BRUTAL GORY SLICK COMBAT WITH BADASS FINISHING MOVES & SOME OF THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER SEEN", hey good for you bro

I don't care about 99% of indies. Most of Steam's library is shitty indie games that would belong better on Kongregate or Miniclip. But between a game that was only meant to show off the visual performance of the Xbox One and the abilities of the Kinect, a game where all you do is bounce and grind, and an exciting game from Drinkbox like Guacameleee; I'd chose Guacamelee. Funny how you only quoted one part of my post, and ignored most of the rest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

PC is the best.

Just because you don't know anything about NMS doesn't mean it doesn't have those things off. Educate yourself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

Stature : 109
U.S.A. Male
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Anybody know any good indies for PS4 that are worth playing? I was thinking of picking up Fez and Geometry Wars 3. But, I could use some more to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 pm

@Archduke wrote:
Anybody know any good indies for PS4 that are worth playing? I was thinking of picking up Fez and Geometry Wars 3. But, I could use some more to play.

You should get a bunch from PS+. Just play those.

Guacamelee isn't bad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy

England Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:27 pm

snore

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

UK Female

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 pm

@Archduke wrote:
Valiant hearts & Child of Light.

Those two games are better than every game Orc has ever mentioned, but then again he always seems to mention shit games like Forza and Sunset Memedrive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27

Stature : 65
G7gaming Female
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:51 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon

Canada Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am

@Mecha wrote:

When I was younger, Flash games with better graphics and more advanced gameplay were free on addictinggames.com and were made by students, or groups of people developing as a hobby. This doesn't even look as good as something made with Adobe Flash. Are they making games with Paint now?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 91
Male
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Olli-Olli is pretty cool

"Ate a Lunchable for dinner, nigga I ain't frontin.'"
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form

UK Female

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Fucking loved Bastion, need to try out the sequel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Indie Video Games Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official Indie Video Games Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Sony :: PlayStation 4-
Jump to: