Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"

Go down 
+3
Stigma
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Quote :
Microsoft's plan for the Xbox One is to "win that core gamer," Head of Xbox Phil Spencer told Bloomberg in an interview. Asked what role the core/enthusiast crowd plays in helping extend Xbox One sales beyond the initial push of 3 million units, Spencer said these users are "critical." This is because, Spencer says, the core audience is often the most vocal group, which can be particularly meaningful when Microsoft thinks about implementing features that can appeal to a wider audience further down the road.

"Those early adopters I think in any consumer category are the people that are giving you feedback on the things you're going to try to do," Spencer said. "Every year, we're going to try to win that core gamer. Not just because it's a great audience, it's a consumptive audience, but also somebody that's going to give you feedback on the new things you're doing. At lot of the new things actually impact the broader audience over time. Winning that core gamer year after year is a focus of mine as Head of Xbox."

Earlier this month, Microsoft launched an official Xbox Feedback website where users can submit and vote on new ideas for Xbox. Microsoft also has a beta testing program in place for its monthly Xbox One system updates, where users are given unreleased features and functionality, and are asked to provide feedback so Microsoft can improve the experience for general release.

Another recent example of Microsoft's attempts to "win" the core gamer was the company's E3 briefing this month. It was 90 minute of games, games, and more games. Instead of going broad in talking about various TV and entertainment features or Kinect games, Microsoft doubled down on core games, talking about new titles like a Phantom Dust reboot and Inside, the next game from Limbo developer Playdead.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-we-re-going-to-try-to-win-that-core-gamer/1100-6420674/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Sure they will. And Teckno will eventually make me a mod.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Well they didn't show any Kinect bullshit at this year's E3.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Mecha wrote:

Then I guess the chance percentage number is in the negative spectrum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 4:43 pm

They already have, their E3 was shit but still less shit than Sony's trainwreck, and they have a much better lineup of exclusives.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Like what? Halo? Phantom Dust? Forza? eye roll
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 pm

yonny616 wrote:

U forget dat Mazter Chef collection, u arse!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:49 pm

For once Tahmidk is right.

I mean for starters they didn't show kinect OR tv shit at E3.... whereas Sony did ironically lol - not to mention Sony is playing around with that project morpheus bullshit. Oh wow I can skate down a hill with a stupid headgear thingy on. Amazing.

I can't be fucked with VR.

And on top of that, well you saw the showdown thread I made :)

yonny616 wrote:

lol

Halo 5 Guardians (next entry in the beloved franchise)
Halo Master Chief Collection - 4 games, 100 maps, 1080p/60fps
Scalebound (new IP from the guys behind Metal Gear Rising and Mad World)
Forza Horizon 2 (which look amazing- honestly, not being a fanboy but it looks far better than drive club)
Sunset Overdrive (from every sony fan's beloved Ratchet & Clank and Resistance company)
Crackdown (reboot of an already beloved franchise)
Quantum Break (from the devs behind everyone's beloved Max & Payne and my beloved Alan Wake)
D4 (from the hilariously bad but fun Deadly Premonition developers)
Fable Legends (I'm not excited but hey, it's Fable, bitches love Fable)
Phantom Dust (I don't give a shit but hey it's a remake of a cult classic)
Gears of War (guaranteed)

And out now already

Ryse Son Of Rome (beautiful game by the beloved company behind Crysis)
Forza Motorsport 5 (maybe the best racing sim?)

Although on PC:
Dead Rising 3 (meaning Playstation has only seen one of the games from this beloved franchise)
Titanfall (basically COD Advanced Warfare before Advanced Warfare with more of a multiplayer focus and...TITANS)

PS4's only big core gamer titles upcoming are Uncharted and The Last of Us, Drive Club and Bloodborne I guess. I mean Bloodborne is basically just Dark Soul's, so nothing unique there. The Last Of Us is a slightly upgraded port of a game that just came out a year ago so nothing new or special there (not like Halo MCC where it's 4 fucking games-some from ages ago). Drive Club is going to be raped by Forza Horizon 2, and isn't even open world. Grim Fandango is awesome but it probably won't even be retail and the core gamer won't like it. Currently out is Killzone and InFamous. InFamous got great response but killzone...not so much.

so yeah, not meaning to come across fanboyish but X1 does seem to have more for the core gamer.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Fuck Metal Gear Rising and Madworld, Bayonetta Was one of the best gamed this gen!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Then I guess the chance percentage number is in the negative spectrum.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:46 pm

You've already won me over Phil.
Also will edit this with interesting information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"   Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: "We're Going to try to Win The Core Gamers"
Page 1 of 1