Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions   Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions 20131111

Quote :
Xbox One titles Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza Motorsport 5 have drawn mixed reactions for their varying implementation of microtransactions, with Microsoft boss Phil Spencer admitting that the platform holder hasn’t settled on a set strategy yet.

“We’re still learning,” Spencer told Kotaku when asked about why the three games use very different strategies; Ryse’s microtransactions are largely ignorable, almost all of Killer Instinct’s content is locked behind a paywall despite it being free-to-play, and Forza’s prices for better cars have raised eyebrows.

Spencer said Microsoft will monitor and learn from which of these strategies fans embrace – and which they eschew as too expensive.

“I want to be able to learn from what we put in, so let’s make sure we are crafting the game and the analytics so we can see what the consumers – the gamers – like and don’t. If you assume buying habits are a reflection of what people like. So that we can craft the experience better for the gamer,” he said.

“It’s easy to say something like, ‘I’ll never allow somebody to buy the win of the game, I won’t let them buy victory,’ but that’s kind of a trite answer. I’d say, ‘Yeah, I guess I have that line, that [we wouldn't have] “Pay five bucks and get 1000 achievements” or something stupid like that.’ I’m always pushing against that. But, in reality, that’s not what the gamers are looking for. They’re usually looking for customization and their gameplay style opening up.”

Thanks, IGN.
Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions   Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 am

In other words.

"We're still learning the best way to fuck over our customer, and seeing what we can get away with."

Fuck off, MS.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions   Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:45 am

Sounds like there's a lot of potential, but they'll most likely just end up fucking up achievements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions   Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft 'Still Learning' With Xbox One Microtransactions
Page 1 of 1