Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs

Go down 
+18
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
Chobo
Orc
ghost23
NoelX2
yonny616
JazzMunky
Stigma
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
someoneimportant
Hydell
The Enkindler
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
CernaMLD
Archduke
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:09 pm

BioDemon wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:
But seeing what can be achieved on Blu Ray (Killzone, God of War, Uncharted) would you say that multiplats could be at the same level if they tried?

Crysis 2 showed us that multiplats can be as good if the effort is put in.

Blu-ray is just a storage medium. Great visuals and performance is produced by the GPU and CPU card. I can name many PC titles that blow away Killzone, GoW, and Uncharted visually and they are all on DVD.
I can only think of one, and it doesn't blow any of those games away: Crysis.
And Warhead and The Witcher 2 (the new graphics king) And you are some kind of delusional if you think Kz3 comes anywhere near Crysis on Very high or Ultra. Not to mention the texture mods the PC community has cranked out that make crysis look almost twice as good as normal. Metro 2033 on very high is another game that utterly destroys kz3 in the graphics department, hell, BC2 on very high is on par with Kz3. I'm sure I could go find more examples, but I'll leave it at that.

He means on Consoles.

I hope...
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:21 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:
But seeing what can be achieved on Blu Ray (Killzone, God of War, Uncharted) would you say that multiplats could be at the same level if they tried?

Crysis 2 showed us that multiplats can be as good if the effort is put in.

Blu-ray is just a storage medium. Great visuals and performance is produced by the GPU and CPU card. I can name many PC titles that blow away Killzone, GoW, and Uncharted visually and they are all on DVD.
I can only think of one, and it doesn't blow any of those games away: Crysis.

The PC versions of Crysis 1, Crysis 2, Metro 2033, Far Cry 2, Gears of War all blow away any console game on their max settings. Just factor in high levels of anti-aliasing, texture filtering, 1080p resolution, and the 60 FPS refresh rate. Or fuck it man, name pretty much any multiplat game on the PC that has come out since 2008 and it probably does look superior to the best looking console games released in recent times.

The PS3 has an extremely outdated graphics card compared to the average gaming PC rig.

Whether you want to believe me or be part of the crowd of sheep you can't deny that game storage mediums has pretty much nothing to do with game graphics and performance. Like I said, it's all done by the GPU and CPU.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I never said storage mediums determined graphics and performance, just to clarify.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:23 am

You do also have to consider the fact that LA Noire has about 20 hours of cutscenes and since it is extremely new technology there hasn't been any good compression techniques created in order to limit the file sizes. Even games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 etc. won't have anywhere close to 20 hours of cutscenes, very rarely will a game come around that requires such a huge storage space investment.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:13 am

So does the storage medium not help with being able to have uncompressed visuals or am i talking out my arse?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Reaper wrote:
So does the storage medium not help with being able to have uncompressed visuals or am i talking out my arse?

Uncompressed cutscenes yea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4