Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs

Go down 
+18
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
Chobo
Orc
ghost23
NoelX2
yonny616
JazzMunky
Stigma
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
someoneimportant
Hydell
The Enkindler
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
CernaMLD
Archduke
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:40 am

I'm getting PS3 version. Screenshot comparisons show that the PS3 version looks better and reports say that it also runs better. Along with exclusive content and no disc swapping, PS3 is the superior version. (and thats coming from me! the biggest Xbot on the site apparently)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:36 am

^
To be fair it was originally announced for ps3 as well so I reckon they started working on it using the ps3 as the primary development platform and then ported it over to xbox afterwards. So yeah it will probably end up looking better on ps3 due also to that fact.

I haven't got a choice in this matter. Either xbox or wii but ...even if it was on the wii I wouldn't get it on that 8)
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:49 am

Lykos wrote:
^
To be fair it was originally announced for ps3 as well so I reckon they started working on it using the ps3 as the primary development platform and then ported it over to xbox afterwards. So yeah it will probably end up looking better on ps3 due also to that fact.

I haven't got a choice in this matter. Either xbox or wii but ...even if it was on the wii I wouldn't get it on that 8)

Yeah the lead platform was PS3, but regardless it's still incredible on XBOX 360 and you will be getting a great experience with both platforms.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:19 am

Reports say the PS3 version is running better, seems Xbox gamers are having trouble getting past disc one...

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 Troll-face_design
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:29 am

[quote="Reaper"]Reports say the PS3 version is running better, seems Xbox gamers are having trouble getting past disc one...

No that's got nothing to do with the discs. It's the production companies placing 3 copies of Disc 1 in the case.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:33 am

It was a joke....hence the troll face.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:14 am

[quote="ghost23"]
Reaper wrote:
Reports say the PS3 version is running better, seems Xbox gamers are having trouble getting past disc one...

No that's got nothing to do with the discs. It's the production companies placing 3 copies of Disc 1 in the case.

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 UURD9ulFteQuOgJ9cGTdGkqIQQAIg+nJsNFBNynN31KrEaQMaMGdOra4pgxtfs2bP3uxSyjZX0A4iRHaV9RpcryTA8M9Anxla45ChYHydN8MtsZIwxuYSV5AyWM+ZBy0PiLGSD6woWxtr3
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:47 am

wtf no PS3 exclusive content for the Aussie version of LA Noire. Fuck you Rockstar, the game was developed here and you don't give us the fucking exclusive DLC you advertised.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:58 am

Lol Aussies always get ripped off, be it game prices or not getting games at all cos of their backwards rating system, fuck that.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Don't forget that their games are heavily overpriced compared to the UK's and US's....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:17 pm

ghost23 wrote:
wtf no PS3 exclusive content for the Aussie version of LA Noire. Fuck you Rockstar, the game was developed here and you don't give us the fucking exclusive DLC you advertised.
No exclusive DLC
No mortal kombat
Australia=failure.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
No exclusive DLC
No mortal kombat
Australia=failure.
Sad, but true. The Australian gov. just shits on the gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Its unwarranted aswell, they let games like Killzone 3 with all its eye gouging, throat slitting and neck breaking in...but a fantasy fighting game with fatalities about as cheesy as an arnold schwartzenegger film gets rubbished to the flor by the aussie rating board....FAIL
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Reaper wrote:
Its unwarranted aswell, they let games like Killzone 3 with all its eye gouging, throat slitting and neck breaking in...but a fantasy fighting game with fatalities about as cheesy as an arnold schwartzenegger film gets rubbished to the flor by the aussie rating board....FAIL

Yeah, I find it rather stupid. That really sucks for them.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:14 pm

So does anyone think that DVD is holding back games? Or do you think that Blu-Ray is alot of wasted space (on multiplats)
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Reaper wrote:
So does anyone think that DVD is holding back games? Or do you think that Blu-Ray is alot of wasted space (on multiplats)

I think DVD is kind of holding games back. If everyone were bluray it would be WAY better.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:38 pm

True, do you think it would make games more expensive to make? I mean Killzone 3 for example is a fantastic game in both gameplay and graphics, im not sure how much it cost to make but Killzone cost about 40 million.

GTA 4 on the other hand is not a masterpiece in any way and it cost like three times that though i suspect alot of that went on advertising and marketing.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Reaper wrote:

Holding back game development? Probably not. Most games average at about 5-6 GB of game content, even on the PC. Games that do need more than 1 disc is too far and few in between to really give a crap about them. Considering how cheap it is to manufacture DVDs, the only ones that are affected by multi-disc games are gamers that find them to be extremely inconvenient.

For MS, the biggest drawback to the DVD format is not having a high-definition movie format built into the console. But in terms of game development, DVD will be "okay" for another year or 2, right before this generation ends.

Now....Should Blu-ray be standard next generation? Yes, definitely. And if not Blu-ray it better be a new/custom format capable of much higher storage capacity.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:12 pm

But seeing what can be achieved on Blu Ray (Killzone, God of War, Uncharted) would you say that multiplats could be at the same level if they tried?

Crysis 2 showed us that multiplats can be as good if the effort is put in.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Holding back game development? Probably not. Most games average at about 5-6 GB of game content, even on the PC. Games that do need more than 1 disc is too far and few in between to really give a crap about them. Considering how cheap it is to manufacture DVDs, the only ones that are affected by multi-disc games are gamers that find them to be extremely inconvenient.

For MS, the biggest drawback to the DVD format is not having a high-definition movie format built into the console. But in terms of game development, DVD will be "okay" for another year or 2, right before this generation ends.

Now....Should Blu-ray be standard next generation? Yes, definitely. And if not Blu-ray it better be a new/custom format capable of much higher storage capacity.
Was going to say this, but didn't feel like writing that much. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Reaper wrote:
But seeing what can be achieved on Blu Ray (Killzone, God of War, Uncharted) would you say that multiplats could be at the same level if they tried?

Blu-ray is just a storage medium. Great visuals and performance is produced by the GPU and CPU card. I can name many PC titles that blow away Killzone, GoW, and Uncharted visually and they are all on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Lets try and stay on topic with LA Noire now.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Blu-ray is just a storage medium. Great visuals and performance is produced by the GPU and CPU card. I can name many PC titles that blow away Killzone, GoW, and Uncharted visually and they are all on DVD.
I can only think of one, and it doesn't blow any of those games away: Crysis.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

America

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:22 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Reaper wrote:

I can only think of one, and it doesn't blow any of those games away: Crysis.
And Warhead and The Witcher 2 (the new graphics king) And you are some kind of delusional if you think Kz3 comes anywhere near Crysis on Very high or Ultra. Not to mention the texture mods the PC community has cranked out that make crysis look almost twice as good as normal. Metro 2033 on very high is another game that utterly destroys kz3 in the graphics department, hell, BC2 on very high is on par with Kz3. I'm sure I could go find more examples, but I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by BioDemon on Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Zombie

Stature : -2
America
Playing : Trolling, being annoying, laughing at people's misfortune, and sarcasm.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Australia is for chumps. That's factual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next