Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs

Go down 
+18
TheJubJub5721
Bluenose
Chobo
Orc
ghost23
NoelX2
yonny616
JazzMunky
Stigma
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
someoneimportant
Hydell
The Enkindler
The_Biotic_God
Stoney
CernaMLD
Archduke
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs Empty
PostSubject: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm

http://www.1up.com/news/la-noire-spans-three-dvds-xbox-36

wow. Just wow.

The PS3 version will only have 1 Blu-ray disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Holy shit... Yeah I think we can all agree that L.A. Noire will be MASSIVE.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Jesus, the game must be packed with content. If a game like RDR can be fit on one disc and have all that content, I can only imagine how big L.A Noire will be. (Obviously motion-scan has something to do with it, but still.)

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Stoney wrote:
Jesus, the game must be packed with content. If a game like RDR can be fit on one disc and have all that content, I can only imagine how big L.A Noire will be. (Obviously motion-scan has something to do with it, but still.)

Good thing I'm getting it on PS3. LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Stoney wrote:

It's 3 discs because there are 5 hours of cutscenes and not because the game is jam packed with that dozens of GB of game data.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-12-l-a-noire-has-five-hours-of-cutscenes
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Alanski wrote:
Stoney wrote:

It's 3 discs because there are 5 hours of cutscenes and not because the game is jam packed with that dozens of GB of game data.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-12-l-a-noire-has-five-hours-of-cutscenes

5 Hours? damn
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Alanski wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Movie Noire then. XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm

At least we know the game wont be finished in like 4 hours then even with tons of cutscenes...coughkillzone3cough...
Back to top Go down
someoneimportant
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
someoneimportant

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:40 am

Stoney wrote:

But it didn't really have much content. Yes it had a long campaign but it mainly involved doing the same tasks over and over, Then there were only a handful of side quests. Granted, you have multiplayer but it used more or less the same gameplay as the single player. So although I'm certain LA Noire will be a large game I doubt it will be utterly massive. Keep in mind they would need to use a third disk even if the game size was only slightly above the capacity of two disks. And one thing they are focusing on a lot is the facial animations so I reckon the cutscenes will be high quality and therefore take up extra space.

Not criticising your view, just bringing forth mine
8)
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:35 am

Getting up and changing the disc will only take you a few seconds to do. So don't know why this is a big deal...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

360 haz no space LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs 3128676713

But anyway thats actually good news because it shows that the game will be massive and will take a while to complete. Which alot of games lack these days.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Hell, even if it is five hours of cutscenes, I'm still psyched. It looks like they're going for a really cinematic game here, which I can't complain about.

The only thing this game really needs is Martin Scorsese.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Hell, even if it is five hours of cutscenes, I'm still psyched. It looks like they're going for a really cinematic game here, which I can't complain about.

You know, I kinda hate cinematic games to be honest. 5 minutes of gameplay, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, etc. it's really fucking annoying. I hated it in Killzone 3 and Lost Planet 2, and I'm having difficulties trying to beat Vanquish because of them.
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Alanski wrote:
Stoney wrote:

It can still fit on only one disc for PS3.
:alone:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I'll be getting LA Noire on the PS3. Guys I'm telling you right here and now that this isn't a GTA4 or Read Dead Redemption. It's made by a different dev (only published by R* not developed) and is using an inhouse engine that was initially designed at first for the PS3. Not suggesting that LA Noire will be the next FFXIII but if you have a PS3 and an Xbox and you are interested in this game I say be safe and just go with the PS3 version.

The 3 disc thing isn't really an issue though. The PS3 version will probably need an install since sandbox games take a while to load, but that isn't a hassle either. I'm more worried about game performance and graphics of the 360 version since they will probably compress audio and video in order to keep it down to 3 discs instead of 4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

TRF wrote:

I can tell you have exquisite taste in games. LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Alanski wrote:
I'll be getting LA Noire on the PS3. Guys I'm telling you right here and now that this isn't a GTA4 or Read Dead Redemption. It's made by a different dev (only published by R* not developed) and is using an inhouse engine that was initially designed at first for the PS3. Not suggesting that LA Noire will be the next FFXIII but if you have a PS3 and an Xbox and you are interested in this game I say be safe and just go with the PS3 version.

The 3 disc thing isn't really an issue though. The PS3 version will probably need an install since sandbox games take a while to load, but that isn't a hassle either. I'm more worried about game performance and graphics of the 360 version since they will probably compress audio and video in order to keep it down to 3 discs instead of 4 or 5.
Yea i agree with Alan 110%, if you get any of the versions get it on the PS3 since it was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive when it was announced.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Dayum....
I'll get the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm probably still going to get the 360 version. It's not like I'm gonna sit there for 30 hours playing the game in one sitting, I really don't find it that big of a hassle to get up and walk a metre.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:41 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I'm probably still going to get the 360 version. It's not like I'm gonna sit there for 30 hours playing the game in one sitting, I really don't find it that big of a hassle to get up and walk a metre.

If that's the ONLY difference then it's not a huge deal. But considering that it's already confirmed that there will be 5 hours of cutscenes I'm pretty damn sure the 360 version has compressed audio and video. You're better off with the uncompressed PS3 version of the game.

JazzMunky wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
You're going to get it on 360 cause you have no PS3, amirite?

He has a PS3, FYI...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:39 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

You know, I kinda hate cinematic games to be honest. 5 minutes of gameplay, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, etc. it's really fucking annoying. I hated it in Killzone 3 and Lost Planet 2, and I'm having difficulties trying to beat Vanquish because of them.

This.

I found it so damn annoying, i would be getting immersed into a firefight and then i'd be thrown into a pointless cutscene that does little at all to advance the story (or lack of amirite?).
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:01 am

[quote="Alanski"]
ghost23 wrote:

If that's the ONLY difference then it's not a huge deal. But considering that it's already confirmed that there will be 5 hours of cutscenes I'm pretty damn sure the 360 version has compressed audio and video. You're better off with the uncompressed PS3 version of the game.

I'll keep that in mind. Since I'm not pre-ordering and the game comes out on the 20th here in Australia, by the time I buy it, there will probably be some comparison video up so I'll make my mind up then.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:03 am

Remember folks, this is Rockstar...they arent known for making good PS3 ports...
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:15 am

Reaper wrote:
Remember folks, this is Rockstar...they arent known for making good PS3 ports...

No It's not Rockstar, its Team Bondi.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:22 am

I stand corrected then.

I'd still wait and see if it has issues on either console.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs   LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire on 360 requires 3 discs
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next