Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Game Ideas Thread

Go down 
+9
Archduke
Chobo
Stoney
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Mecha
TheJubJub5721
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Fact: A free-roam MMO Zombie game has never been done before.

Dead Rising is free roam but it is not an MMO. And the reason why Zombie games are still awesome despite the huge abundance of them is because Zombie games are generally much more unique compared to other genres.

Dead Rising, Resident Evil, and L4D are COMPLETELY different games. While MANY games in the shooter genre are either COD clones, Halo clones, Gears clones or a hybrid of those games.

Slightly off-topic but pertains to this matter:

Even if the genre is over saturated it doesn't stop AAA budget developers from releasing sequels to those games. An MMO would actually do less damage because instead of there being a sequel of the series every year or 2 the MMO would instead just be updated over time to support new features and improvements. This is why I advocate a COD MMO. COD heads are already practically paying 60 bucks a year for each "updated" COD game. . Activision is making a monopoly off the COD franchises and it generally overshadows other games which affects competitive game sales which in turn affects the game market. Because of Activision developers try to play it safe by developing COD clones in order to grab some of that marketshare. Hence the over-saturation being worse since no one is really innovating the genre anymore.

With a COD MMO, die-hards would still get a regularly updated COD, Activision would still be making a huge amount of money monthly/yearly from the growing number of COD players, and developers won't have to compete with a new COD game every year thus giving them less of a reason to make COD-like games.

There, I just solved half the problems of the game industry. You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:22 am

Yeah, an MMO zombie game would be kinda cool I guess.

It should be called "Online of the Dead." Razz
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:42 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Jub's idea was an open world Zombie game that seemed like an MMO.

Maybe MMO could work, but either way those weren't free roam. Again, CC, you fail.

Alanski wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Yes, please don't post things that are stupid and not productive to the thread.

Sonji and I are currently designing the blueprints of a Mass Effect MMO.

WE HAS RECRUITED JUB AND BLIXT.

Fuck ya!

Mass Effect is one of the few Universes an MMO could work in.

I could probably think of a lot more than just a few.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:39 am

Alanski wrote:

Fact: A free-roam MMO Zombie game is in development:

The Secret World
Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 Tsw1bg
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:52 am

Lykos wrote:
Alanski wrote:

The Secret World

OMG! Someone already stole JubJub's idea!
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Lykos wrote:
Alanski wrote:

The Secret World

Wasn't this canceled like.... Last month?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Actually it's vaporware and chances are it will get canceled.. I said "has not been done" indicating the past tense. There currently isn't an MMO zombie title out there so yes my fact has not been refuted.
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

An RPG in space with the whole observable universe mapped. 8)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:31 pm

JazzMunky wrote:

=/ Ever heard of Mass Effect?
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

America

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

But it doesn't have the whole observable universe mapped. 8)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm

JazzMunky wrote:
Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

It does...There is map of the universe and a description of each planet and you use that Galaxy Map to travel to places.
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

America

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:
Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

It does...There is map of the universe and a description of each planet and you use that Galaxy Map to travel to places.
How do they fit that much data on one disk?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:29 pm

JazzMunky wrote:
Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:
Alanski wrote:
JazzMunky wrote:

How do they fit that much data on one disk?

With Mass Effect 1, alot of the environments on the random explorable planets were really similar. This meant that textures and poly models can be reused over and over for each planet in order to have hundreds of sandboxes.

I think your idea is a bit unrealistic with the current generation of hardware available (even from PC). If you are expecting hundreds if not thousands of places as detailed as ME1's citadel then your going to be disappointed considering we won't get GPUs with the necessary RAM for all those textures for a decade or 2.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Alanski wrote:

The Secret World

I didn't say MMO in my post...and again go back and read my initial post. Yeah, Dead Rising is free roam but I said like a whole city where you could go anywhere and do anything. You fail to read.

Last edited by TheJubJub5721 on Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:43 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Alanski wrote:

The Secret World

I didn't say free roam in my post...and again go back and read my initial post. Yeah, Dead Rising is free roam but I said like a whole city where you could go anywhere and do anything. You fail to read.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Free roam zombie game (in a famous city like New York) and you can go anywhere and just kill zombies. Gang up with other survivors (or kill them and take their supplies), go in any building. Setup a base. Lots of guns, vehicles. Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Mecha wrote:

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Free roam zombie game (in a famous city like New York) and you can go anywhere and just kill zombies. Gang up with other survivors (or kill them and take their supplies), go in any building. Setup a base. Lots of guns, vehicles. Stuff like that.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:01 pm

You said you didn't say "free roam" in your post. Even though I proved that you did. =/
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Mecha wrote:
You said you didn't say "free roam" in your post. Even though I proved that you did. =/

That was my bad, I was thinking MMO. But either way, a game like I stated has not been done.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:02 am

please stop quoting with that zombie pic. There shouldn't be any dead things on this forum. It's not Ps3nation!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:55 am

PS3Nation? Don't you mean...

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:20 pm

^
ROFLMAO
Zillah!! Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm

I know I'm reviving an old thread but I thought of some ideas.

• An RPG that takes place in the Wild West. Could be first-person or it could be third-person, but you'd have upgrade trees for things like horseback riding, melee combat, rifles, pistols, explosives, disguises and silver tongue (for when you have bounties), etc.
  • A Sonic the Hedgehog reboot which allows you to switch between 2D and 3D at will. You choose when to switch, it's not done for you. And you would need to switch to clear certain areas. Maybe there's a rock in the way in the 2D world and you need to go 3D to get around it, and maybe there's a flat post in the ground in 3D and when you go 2D it's a spring. And because you're going at high speeds (it'd HAVE to be a Sonic game), you'd have to switch between dimensions fairly quickly.
  • A survival action-adventure title in which you are in a city that is being attacked by a giant monster. You must find your family, find supplies, fend people off, etc. A narrative-based game in which running can often be better than shooting. Similar to I Am Alive but in the midst of the apocalypse, not after.
  • A legit pirate RPG where you can upgrade your ship and crew and upgrade skill trees involving swordplay, rifles, pistols, sailing, bartering, leadership/speech, etc. Make it even better by making them space pirates that look like regular pirates just with astronaut helmets.
  • A stealth game similar to the plot of Die Hard in which a group of terrorists or a rogue military militia takes over a building. You're not an action hero like John McClane, but you have to stealthily find your way out of the building while also learning how to fend for yourself.
  • A first-person fighting game (similar to Zeno Clash) where your head bobs like it normally would in a fight. So if you get punched in the face, you don't just get punched in the face; your head cocks to the side. If you fall down on your back, you're now looking at the sky. If you get put in a headlock, then you and your opponent would be looking in the same direction. There would also be real-time damage, so you could get a concussion or an eye punched out or your hand could break, and your play style would change according to those injuries. Could be made to work with Kinect (PROPERLY).
  • A stealth game in which you play as a creature of the night who only has the ability to kill when people believe in him. Instead of hiding bodies, you'd have to find creative ways to openly display them, as well as make rattles in the night and leave signs on your existence. There could be a way of quantifying and measuring how much a given target believes in you, and the level of fear they have determines the level of brutality of the moves you can do on them. However, you can't go on an open killing rampage because when you can do damage to them, they can do damage to you. Perhaps you could also be weak towards the light and you'd have to find creative ways to draw your victims into the darkness
  • A collection of murder mysteries and campy horror tales in the play style of Heavy Rain. Cheap anthologies, essentially. Perhaps with multiple endings.
  • A cartoony Marvel fighting game in the style of Smash Bros. or PS All-Stars, either with a normal art style or with a bloody rendition of the Super Hero Squad Show art style.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Holy fuck I remember Distraction Penis.

I honestly don't have any creative game ideas, sadly. I'm not that creative.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Quote :
first-person fighting game (similar to Zeno Clash) where your head bobs like it normally would in a fight. So if you get punched in the face, you don't just get punched in the face; your head cocks to the side. If you fall down on your back, you're now looking at the sky. If you get put in a headlock, then you and your opponent would be looking in the same direction. There would also be real-time damage, so you could get a concussion or an eye punched out or your hand could break, and your play style would change according to those injuries. Could be made to work with Kinect (PROPERLY)

Sounds like the most boring fighting game to play.

If you break your arm, you will have to to fight with what you have left? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm

I forgot one: a game sort of like Kingdom Hearts but with Nintendo mascots. They all come together in one world and you can play through various worlds all converged into one. What's better than piloting the Arwing in a space battle from the planet Zebes to the land of Hyrule before taking a giant pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom? It would play as an action-oriented RPG, with each character (Mario, Fox, Samus, Zelda, etc.) bringing a unique set of abilities. There would be PLENTY of characters to meet, but I think keeping the amount of playable characters low is for the best.

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Quote :
first-person fighting game (similar to Zeno Clash) where your head bobs like it normally would in a fight. So if you get punched in the face, you don't just get punched in the face; your head cocks to the side. If you fall down on your back, you're now looking at the sky. If you get put in a headlock, then you and your opponent would be looking in the same direction. There would also be real-time damage, so you could get a concussion or an eye punched out or your hand could break, and your play style would change according to those injuries. Could be made to work with Kinect (PROPERLY)

Sounds like the most boring fighting game to play.

If you break your arm, you will have to to fight with what you have left? Neutral
The solution is to not get your arm broken. OR USE THE JAGGED BONE STICKING OUT AS A SHIV! Fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Game Ideas Thread   Official Game Ideas Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Game Ideas Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2