Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread

Go down 
+2
Hydell
Jack the Spectre
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Here's the scenario: you visit your local purveyor of gaming-related products, and you see a game for a fair price, but you're not sure if it's any good or not. Well, get on your Internet browsing device and pop into this thread, because here is where you ask if a certain game is any good, and hopefully our somewhat intelligent members can provide some insight. This should cut down on threads where people ask for recommendations, as we're essentially combining them into one big thread.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Is HAZE any good?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

^
Yes. One of the best games I've had the fortune to play on ps3.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

It was a legit question as HAZE is like £3 now or something ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm

It was a serious answer. It's the best game ps3 has.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Haze is okay. Kinda generic, but for the price you're paying, I guess it's worth a buy.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I can't really see Reaper liking it.

Just Cause 2 good?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:37 pm

HAZE is pretty okay.... Up until you reach the vehicle section which is quite possibly the worst vehicle level you will ever play in a video game. Then there's the fact that dying and restarting takes FOREVER to load. The load times in general or horrid even with a massive installation. Then are some forced in Sixaxis controls. I thought it was okay but I never bothered finishing it.

Is Dragon's Dogma any good?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

Just Cause 2 good?

Just Cause is pretty phenomenal. Firstly the visuals are wonderful for an open world game...truly beautiful, secondly the scale is impressive (the world is massive!), the story isn't great and feels a bit like a placeholder more than anything else but the voice actings hilarious, the gameplays so dynamic and exciting. Really it's worth playing just for the exploration, the driving, flying, skydiving, swimming, etc
The only flaw I found was how there seems to be no building interiors. You are outdoors the entire game pretty much. What's good though is there are some wicked easter eggs. Like the Lost island and the Mile High Club I love you you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

Just Cause 2 good?
I like Just Cause 2 a lot. The world is freaking huge and there's so much to fuck about with. And as Lykos said, there's a slew of amazing Easter eggs. The story ain't much, but it is cool picking an alliance, and the voice acting is pretty hilarious. If you stick with the ground, the game is kinda generic, but once you take to the skies in a jet or something, it becomes a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 pm

BOLO SANTOSI

THA REAPAHHHHHHSSSS!

Get Just Cause 2, you will not be disapointed.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:23 pm

YOU AH DAH SKOHPEEOH, NO?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:26 pm

WE AHR A REVOWLOOSHINERRY GROOP KNAWN AS THEH REEPURZ
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Is the movie Legion any good? I saw watched about 20 mins of it on FX earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Wrong thread, lol.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Wrong thread, lol.
whoops, my bad. Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread 1443829230 Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread 1443829230

On topic: Is Ghost Recon: Future soldier worth 60 bucks? I watched the mutliplayer gameplay and thought it looked good.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 pm

If the single player is lacking, I say absolutely not. And unfortunately, Future Soldier had a terribly boring campaign with bad dialogue, graphics and mediocre cinematics.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:22 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
If the single player is lacking, I say absolutely not. And unfortunately, Future Soldier had a terribly boring campaign with bad dialogue, graphics and mediocre cinematics.

That's disappointing to hear. Sad

Thanx tho.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:59 am

Duke wrote:
Is the movie Legion any good? I saw watched about 20 mins of it on FX earlier this week.

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread   Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official "Is [insert game here] Any Good?" Thread
Page 1 of 1