Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... Empty
PostSubject: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:19 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/review-shin-megami-tensei-iv-257718.phtml
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:24 pm

I thought it was persona, not interested in this second rate garbage
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Yeah, that sub series is so much more important than the main series!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 pm

It sells better and gets better reviews, yeah the sub series is better, get over it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 pm

All you've been doing recently is trolling everywhere, someone please ban him for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:26 am

@Orion
Anymore trolling from you and I'll throw the ban boomerang at you mate.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 am

Padders wrote:
@Orion

Yeah great work.
"You've relentlessly been trolling since you come here. Do it another hundred times and we MAY perhaps, maybe, could, might consider the possibility of maybe, sort of, kind of, perhaps banning you".
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Padders wrote:
@Orion

Yeah great work.
"You've relentlessly been trolling since you come here. Do it another hundred times and we MAY perhaps, maybe, could, might consider the possibility of maybe, sort of, kind of, perhaps banning you".

Just a reminder
http://www.g7gaming.net/t8106-read-before-posting-rules wrote:
4. Thread Derailment
Do NOT post content that is completely unrelated to the thread you are posting in. Save this for the chatbox.

http://www.g7gaming.net/t7708-all-newbies-read-this-before-posting wrote:
CHAPTER I - SPAM
Spam is...

1) Posting one liners. Replying to a thread and just saying something like "hey!" "yeah!" "lol" "I agree" "no" "tldr" etc..
2) Posting the same thread/post repeatedly in order to gain attention.
3) Posting something completely off-topic (OT) that has nothing to do with the thread.
4) Posting in a thread to simply "bump" it back to the top of the forum listings with no additional or useful content.

http://www.g7gaming.net/t6-rules-of-this-forum wrote:
5. If you cannot offer anything that adds to discussion in threads then do not post. All "cool story bro" and other such posts will be deleted and the user punished for spam.

9. Flamebait comments will be deleted and the user warned if the comment gets to many reactions and replies. Continue with leaving flamebait comments will result in a weekly ban. Continue to even leave more flamebait comments will result in a perma ban.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:30 am

I got it Friday and six hours into it. Amazing game so far. Like the background music especially.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 am

Stigma wrote:
I got it Friday and six hours into it. Amazing game so far. Like the background music especially.
Sounds good. Unfortunately PAL areas won't see this game until october this year.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:55 am

Just fought the boss on b5 of naraku and it's difficult for me to describe how badass it was, one of the best boss fights I've had for years. The design of the boss is bizarre and cool and the metal battle theme fits so perfectly. The voice actors also do an incredible job. Really just a phenomonal game. Anyone who's a fan of dark fantasy RPG's or challenging games should get this.

It's difficult to compare persona to the main smt games. They are both rpg's, both have demons...and similarities end there. Persona is rather light hearted but smt is dark as shit; smt is much more difficult; persona has a rap/jpop soundtrack and smt has a metal/dark/creepy-ish soundtrack, persona looks like an anime but smt has a more realistic look, persona is (slice of life?)/fantasy and smt is a cyberpunk/high fantasy hybrid.

Also who's the guy who said 3ds and vita would lose to smartphones? No iphone or android game has and will most likely never reach this level of quality. It feels like a console experience but had every conveniece of a handheld game.

I have been a bit worried about Atlus these past couple of years because they've been at square-enix levels at releasing rehashes of games, Catherine was...an awkward experience to say the least, and they've probably lost a lot of money on these shitty wrpg's they publish for who the hell knows; however faith has been restored!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

Never played an SMT game other than the Persona 3 & 4 which I heard they aren't really part of the SMT series. Any specific title I should start with or should I just hold out till SMT IV?

I like Catherine. Pretty boss game in my opinion haha.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

You could start with the digital devil saga games for ps2, but I do think smt iv is a good starting point for the series. It's difficult, but you can save and load basically everywhere and even if you forget to you can pay macca (demon currency) or play coins to revive yourself. You also get an option to lower the difficulty setting if you die twice.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:36 pm

I have made it to Desert Tokyo at this point and so far I think its an awesome game! Anyways, I recently heard the Archangel Boss theme in the archangel dlc and it by far the coolest soundtrack I've heard in the entire SMT series. I just have to post it.

It's a remix of SMT I and SMT II's law theme. So epic! It even beats Metatron's awesome theme in  SMTIII Nocturne in my opinion.

EDIT:The embedded video didn't work. So I just posted the link to the youtube video.

EDIT: Now it works, thanks orion

Last edited by ArchAngel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Put the link in this u preacher faggot [youtube] [/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:04 am

ArchAngel wrote:
I have made it to Desert Tokyo at this point and so far I think its an awesome game! Anyways, I recently heard the Archangel Boss theme in the archangel dlc and it by far the coolest soundtrack I've heard in the entire SMT series. I just have to post it.

It's a remix of SMT I and SMT II's law theme. So epic! It even beats Metatron's awesome theme in  SMTIII Nocturne in my opinion.

EDIT:The embedded video didn't work. So I just posted the link to the youtube video.

EDIT: Now it works, thanks orion

Sounds nice but THIS would be better (and sounds similar enough)

Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Not bad, but really lacks the angelic feeling. Hell, even during the battle theme I posted, you can here the male choir say "Hallelujah". It's a very angelic yet badass battle theme. Though the song you posted would go well with a demon like Asmodeus, Azazel or maybe even Lucifer.

Last edited by ArchAngel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I keep forgetting you are a holy one. You should listen to this Christian band.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....   Shin Megami Tensei IV Review.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei IV Review....
Page 1 of 1