Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 4 will not have mod support   Battlefield 4 will not have mod support I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support 20130519

Quote :
DICE has confirmed what many of you no doubt predicted; the PC version of Battlefield 4 will not offer mod support.

Speaking with PC Gamer, DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson said DICE is always being asked for mod support, and understands why players want it.

“We also would like to see more player-created content, but we would never do something like this if we feel we couldn’t do this 100%,” he said.

“That means we need to have the right tools available, we need to have the right security around this regarding what parts of the engine we let loose, so to say. So for Battlefield 4 we don’t have any planned mod support, I have to be blunt about saying that. We don’t.”

Although it’s not something that will happen for Battlefield 4, the developer is “thinking about” mods in the future.

“When we think about Battlefield as a franchise, moving forward, it’s a big franchise. And we’re talking about this, almost as strategies for the company – where are we going, what are we trying to do with the franchise, et cetera. And this is definitely one of the areas that we have been discussing quite a bit,” Troedsson added.

Battlefield 4 is coming to PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late October and early November. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have not been dated.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 4 will not have mod support   Battlefield 4 will not have mod support I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

b-but what if i dont want blue tint?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 4 will not have mod support   Battlefield 4 will not have mod support I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

So much for changing all the player models to animu girls.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 4 will not have mod support   Battlefield 4 will not have mod support I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Well this sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 4 will not have mod support   Battlefield 4 will not have mod support I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 4 will not have mod support
Page 1 of 1