Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.

Go down 
+3
Chobo
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 am

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/kinect-pc/

Lol. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 am

Useless. The Kinect sucks as much as it is, but bringing it to the PC? Really? They're two opposites. The Kinect works on a console because a console is usually in a living room or a place with space and big TVs, where as PCs are 15-20 inch monitors on a desk with not a lot of room.

Disregarding the Kinect being trash, the usability of a Kinect on PC is so limited. PC gamers won't bite.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Useless. The Kinect sucks as much as it is, but bringing it to the PC? Really? They're two opposites. The Kinect works on a console because a console is usually in a living room or a place with space and big TVs, where as PCs are 15-20 inch monitors on a desk with not a lot of room.

Disregarding the Kinect being trash, the usability of a Kinect on PC is so limited. PC gamers won't bite.

While I disagree on Kinect being trash, it is kinda stupid since you need at least 6 ft in space and PC monitors are pretty tiny. How will that work out?

Microsoft, I am disapoint....again.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Well, let me rephrase. It's trash for your real gaming. I won't lie and say it's not fun, but it's definitely something for when you have friends over. I certainly (and everyone here) doubt anyone would use a Kinect as their primary thing.

But yeah this just isn't going to work on PC.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 pm

finally, a good use for kinect. just so long as they don't try to incorporate it into PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:01 pm

It will be cool to use it for PC functions, but not for PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Microsoft doesn't even support gaming in general on the PC like they promised. Now they expect us to believe them when they say they will support motion gaming on the PC?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 pm

I agree with Jub. It would be cool for PC functions, but even then, it would be a gimmick and nothing compared to the standard controls of mouse and keyboard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Teckno wrote:
I agree with Jub. It would be cool for PC functions, but even then, it would be a gimmick and nothing compared to the standard controls of mouse and keyboard.

I frequently use voice commands on Xbox. I can see myself doing that for PC. And even so, it can be used as a webcam and mic.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm still waiting to see if they actually port Fable 3 over to PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.   Microsoft will support Kinect on PC. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft will support Kinect on PC.
Page 1 of 1