Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514

Go down 
+2
Orion
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 Empty
PostSubject: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 am

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 20110610

Quote :
CCP believes a demographic it describes as ‘DUST 514-curious’ are buying PlayStation 3 consoles specifically to play the free-to-play shooter.

“We already see that Dust 514, during open beta, had been driving hardware sales for Sony,” CCP business development vice president Thor Gunnarsson told Destructoid.

“We actually track that together. We know that our fan base, Dust-curious players, are buying the PlayStation 3 to get into our game.”

Gunnarsson doesn’t believe the imminent arrival of the PlayStation 4 will throw obstacles in CCP’s plans to have DUST 514 last at least five years.

“What we hear, anecdotally, is that PS3 sales are increasing. Sony have done a phenomenal job of managing console transitions, like they did with the PlayStation 2′s cost and size reductions,” he said.

“We can make the logical assumption that something similar will happen as the PlayStation 4 comes to market. If you look at the large third-party publishers, you’ll see that Sony is not falling away from the PlayStation 3. What about Grand Theft Auto V? It took Square Enix years to come to the PlayStation 3.”

DUST 514 shares a shard with EVE Online, and the two games economies interact; EVE Online players can even support DUST 514 allies by dropping orbital strikes on opposing factions during contracts.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:35 pm

oh ccp u silly girl
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:52 pm

I could see some EVE Players buying a Used PS3 just so they can join their war corp and fight for them. CCP have a good reason but its not really backed up.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Unlikely that's the sole reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Dust 514 would be good if the guns were better balanced. It is not a system seller.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm

It's that time special time of the month for CCP.

#SWAG
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Upon first play, I was just confused as fuck because they give you a lot when you just start out. I think I'll get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I played the beta and it was utter shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514   CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CCP believes fans are buying PS3s just for DUST 514
Page 1 of 1